It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRIEVING - my dog is irretrievably gone and I feel AWFUL

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I've lost many beloved companions over the years and I still mourn for their losses and remember them. There really isn't any comfort besides knowing that their energy will always be near you and they are released from the physical discomfort they were living in.

I had to have my blue point Siamese Ashe put to sleep awhile back and I did the same, I stared into his eyes and told him what a good cat he was and how much I loved him as the Vet injected him. I watched him pass away so quickly right in front of me. The Vet said he was ready to go and with how instant it was. I still tear up remembering it and it was year ago now.

My heart goes out with you and everyone in this thread, aching for our losses and with the hope we will see them all again when it's our time to join them on the other side.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It sounds like your pet was in a lot of pain and you did the right thing and stopped its suffering. Im sorry for your loss.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Just spilling it out because I feel so completely rotten... Blessings to all who have loved and lost the ones they love,

Thanks you for sharing, I feel your pain.

have re written this post numerous times to try and give you the words you need to hear, I guess I am still waiting to hear those words myself as I have lost a loved one myself like yours except Tyson was a Rottie.

I send you my love in hope that it will ease the grief striking you.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You had bring up the rainbow bridge,

I cant stop tearing up now,

I want to believe it so much, forget about wanting to believe, I do believe in the rainbow bridge and that Tyson is waiting for me so we can cross together when it my time to leave this place we all share.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

misschareesee2
I can so relate. My feline fur baby passed, 21 April, 6am, 2012. You lose your child. A child doesn't have to be human. It's -horrible- .
I am consoled however, by events where his spirit made his presence known, I'll just say that.

Tyson was my boy, just as Sonja is my princess.

Your child is a life dependent on you, whether that life be plant or animal it matters not when that love is lost or the loved one is gone.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
double post,

edit on 27-1-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I am nothing but happy to share with you,those of us who have lost a loved one knows that time does not heal all wounds.You simply learn to go on without them.Your baby will be at the rainbow bridge watching the ducks swim and eat,enjoying the peace all around.In time you too will get to be with your fur baby once again as will I.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hi All - I am afraid I went from wanting to talk about this a lot to not wanting to talk about it at all, for a while, and I avoided my own thread because it was too painful. Things are still coming back around, but I was able to read the last page of replies this evening, and I just wanted to let you all know that I really appreciate your comments and thoughts.

A couple of newer thoughts of mine...

I am a family joke in regards to the fact that while I can easily identify people based on their voice, I am terrible with recognizing faces. Every single time I ask, "Hey was this actress in XXX movie?" I am always wrong - it always turns out to be someone else. At work, I usually have to meet someone at least two or three times before I actually recognize them. I'm guessing this is related to the streak of Aspergers that seems to run through my family - my son is an Aspie, and my Dad thinks more of us are probably undiagnosed Aspies. At any rate, something that has been striking me is that it seems like Candy Cane is just so deeply engraved on my heart. I keep seeing her in my mind's eye, all the time, and at unexpected times. But, I don't see her as she was at the end, although I can bring her to mind that way if I try. I see her, in my mind, constantly, as she was in her youth.

I got the call from the Vet that her ashes were ready for us to pick up, and for some reason I had blocked that out so it was a jolt.

Today, we went to the Vet and picked up her ashes, and just seeing her name on the box was a shock and set my tears off again. The weight of the box was a shock. I think the box is a one-size-fits-all for pets, from German Shepherd to Toy Poodle, but for some reason I was expecting it to weigh less. She was only 12 pounds, so one would think that her ashes would be very light and take up little space. The box is smaller than a shoe box, but more sturdy, and the weight is a little more than I expected. I think that is probably because my Grandfather's ashes took about the same amount of space as the size of the box, at least in my memory, so I expected everything to be sized down from medium sized person to very small dog, accordingly.

I have some nice carved wooden boxes that I have been thinking of for the long term, and I know I will need to open the box of ashes in order to see if they will fit, but I can't bring myself to do it yet. I don't know whether I am more relieved to have her ashes here at home now, or more agitated. Both, at once, it seems.

I keep picturing the perfect day Candy Cane and I spent at the lakes, just the two of us without the rest of the family and the other dogs, and especially the time we spent sitting on the grass in between the North and South lakes, under the palm trees, and she was so happy - her ears were all perked up, she kept sniffing and looking around, but she was totally content to just sit there for a few minutes and hang out and watch the ducks. I miss her so much. I am so glad we had that perfect time, although it was so short, in hind sight.

Thank you all so much for your stories and thoughts, I really appreciate them.

Gwynn

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join