It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia boosts military presence near Australia and ramps up efforts to increase its firepower

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

727Sky

cheesy
Owh please stop..stop make negatif thinking just because border..its just ordinary, and please dont grow the problem into other problem..we love each other..
I am from indonesia

Cheesy my friend it is very seldom that it is the people who cause conflicts. It is TPTB that control them that set the table all must feed from that are the root of most problems.

Have not seen you posting much lately hope all is well and life is good for you.

Tq my friend! I just cant post thread because my boss take my computer and move me to marketing department, its hard to post a thread by this handphone..sory my friend and all..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

daaskapital

cheesy
Owh please stop..stop make negatif thinking just because border..its just ordinary, and please dont grow the problem into other problem..we love each other..
I am from indonesia

I'm not trying to be biased, but it is difficult when Indonesia refuses to conduct bilateral relations with Australia due to an incident which occurred in 2009.

Indonesia is also threatening harm to Australia by boosting its military at the border and saying that their special forces and air force are ready for any further border violations. They are also saying that the Australian mainland is reachable from Indonesia.

This is war-like rhetoric which should be taken seriously. I understand it is election year in your country though, so it may just be your government puffing its chest.

That doesn't mean that Australia should ignore the threats, as they do sound serious.

I hope cooler heads prevail, but things are going down hill very quickly.

Thanks for commenting.

Thats no probleme at all sir..i just remaind you dont trust media its not like that, i am and the most poeple here very love to live in harmony, our culture tell us so..
I like this thread and other your great thread sir.keep it up..tq so much

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Now it doesn't look like such a bad idea to have all those american military bases in Australia does it....Australians? :p

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

cheesy

727Sky

cheesy
I am from indonesia

Cheesy my friend it is very seldom that it is the people who cause conflicts. It is TPTB that control them that set the table all must feed from that are the root of most problems.

Have not seen you posting much lately hope all is well and life is good for you.

Tq my friend! I just cant post thread because my boss take my computer and move me to marketing department, its hard to post a thread by this handphone..sory my friend and all..

hahahaha Darn bosses always messing up a good deal!! Marketing ! Wow good luck...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bally001

I do agree. I'm just trying to keep up to date on the situation.

If they are serious, i fail to understand what their objectives would be. There would be no real reason for Indonesia to attack Australia. It would be international suicide.

I tend to think that this rhetoric is only getting serious due to the upcoming Indonesian elections.

I do think Australia needs to take the threats seriously though. Never good to let one's guard down...

Thanks for the comment.

Daas.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

cheesy

daaskapital

cheesy
I am from indonesia

I'm not trying to be biased, but it is difficult when Indonesia refuses to conduct bilateral relations with Australia due to an incident which occurred in 2009.

Indonesia is also threatening harm to Australia by boosting its military at the border and saying that their special forces and air force are ready for any further border violations. They are also saying that the Australian mainland is reachable from Indonesia.

This is war-like rhetoric which should be taken seriously. I understand it is election year in your country though, so it may just be your government puffing its chest.

That doesn't mean that Australia should ignore the threats, as they do sound serious.

I hope cooler heads prevail, but things are going down hill very quickly.

Thanks for commenting.

Thats no probleme at all sir..i just remaind you dont trust media its not like that, i am and the most poeple here very love to live in harmony, our culture tell us so..
I like this thread and other your great thread sir.keep it up..tq so much

I understand.

Australian media is pulling a lot of this stuff from the Jakarta Post. I'm not sure how trustworthy the Jakarta Post is. Is it a highly regarded news source in Indonesia?

It would be good to see everyone get along.

Thank you very much for the compliments. I very much enjoy your threads also!

Thanks again for commenting.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

muse7
Now it doesn't look like such a bad idea to have all those american military bases in Australia does it....Australians? :p

Why do you yanks gloat over your filthy military empire?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I don't like to think of war and violence and such, but Indonesia is acting a bit funnier than usual at the moment.

But anyways a few things that I have thought about over this:

-Just because you can reach Australia, doesn't mean that they will return from Australia, I for one am more than a little curious about what our money buys in Australia, especially Jindalee's capabilities.
- In all probability Indonesia couldn't invade Australia, I don't believe they have a real capability to move any real amount of troops and supplies, I am prepared to be wrong on that one tho.
-And the last one, maybe a little off topic but, why not just unsign from the UNHCR or whatever it is, or even quit the UN altogether, what do we really get from it anyway?

anyways, she'll be right

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

muse7

Yes. Finally someone with perspective. International interests speak volumes. Whether US, China, India, Pakistan or Russian.

Bally.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

You're welcome Das. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. regards,

Bally..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

muse7

i would liken the indo military's success invading or attacking australia as about as high me winning the lottery ...... as far as the american counterpart here i am sure there are many other agenda's than worrying about indonesia

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

muse7

i would liken the indo military's success invading or attacking australia as about as high me winning the lottery ...... as far as the american counterpart here i am sure there are many other agenda's than worrying about indonesia

Thankyou sir for placing this in its most simplistic terms.

Bally

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

muse7
Now it doesn't look like such a bad idea to have all those american military bases in Australia does it....Australians?

What American military bases would they be?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There will be no invasion.

At worst there will be small naval skirmishes.

At best we get a bit of chest thumping.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There will be no invasion.

At worst there will be small naval skirmishes.

At best we get a bit of chest thumping.

At least it will be some free entertainment.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here is an odd thought, why is it that Australia has a much much higher
defense budget yet somehow has a smaller military? maybe more modern
but judging by the weapons Indonesia is buying it hardly seems likely.

Also why is Australia giving aid to them when Indonesian debt is less
and their reserves are higher..... going by that comparison of military
strength website that was posted.

Is that information wrong or is there another reason i am not aware of?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Well first thought that comes to mind is that Indonesia are buying F-16's and Australia are buying F/A-18's and F-35's.

Indonesia also has a much higher population than Australia and therefore a much larger army.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Am I the only one that remembers a certain Mr Rudd (remember him, Mr i'm prime minister one minute, next thing I've been shot in the back by my number two, I'll fight until i get back my job again only to lose the election anyway guy?) Saying right before the election that Mr Abbots policies were going to cause problems because Australia's relations with indonesia were actually not that great?

Seems like this little problem had been simmering for a while now. Mr About is just poking the bear with his boat people policies. Not that I am against his ideology, I just think he is pushing his luck with indonesia, who are acting like spoiled brats anyway.

Anyone else remember how at the very beginning of the financial crisis in 2008 how mr rudd gave them a loan of 100 million aussie dollars? It would seem they are happy to take our money and are laughing in our faces with regards to things like border sovereignty with their continuing inaction on the people smugglers that operate within their country.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

hellobruce

muse7
Now it doesn't look like such a bad idea to have all those american military bases in Australia does it....Australians?

What American military bases would they be?

you can begin with "pine gap"

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

bally001

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

muse7

Thankyou sir for placing this in its most simplistic terms.

Bally

your welcome

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join