It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who controls the afterlife?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
God might be your answer, but God, if he-she-it exists, seems to simply be, connecting everything but not involved in administrative duties.

So when I ask who controls the afterlife I am also asking who controls the entire system for humans (and maybe animals and plants). Who decides who we will be, our possible fate, our possible karma? Or is it all random?

I guess I'm really asking if it is controlled by angels or aliens? Two ideas that start with the same letter, but quite different in possible meaning. I know I sound like I am rambling, but without the comforter of a religion, I am intensely interested in the answer.

Are we protected? Or are we trapped? What is the wise way to proceed (without a religion to soothe us).

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

The way I've heard it several times is that you are a fragment of a large soul experiencing something specific in a physical body. When the physical body dies the fragment creates a bubble that is its interpretation of the afterlife until it wakes-up enough to strip away the facade and rejoin the large soul. If the large soul is still not complete enough to move on to a higher level it spawns more fragments to be born. They may be any sex, any time locus and may be chosen to experience something particular (like death as a child, rich, poor, smart, handicapped, etc). The large soul only cares about gathering experiences so it can move on.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

droid56
God might be your answer, but God, if he-she-it exists, seems to simply be, connecting everything but not involved in administrative duties.

So when I ask who controls the afterlife I am also asking who controls the entire system for humans (and maybe animals and plants). Who decides who we will be, our possible fate, our possible karma? Or is it all random?

I guess I'm really asking if it is controlled by angels or aliens? Two ideas that start with the same letter, but quite different in possible meaning. I know I sound like I am rambling, but without the comforter of a religion, I am intensely interested in the answer.

Are we protected? Or are we trapped? What is the wise way to proceed (without a religion to soothe us).

who controls the afterlife? who ever created it....
if no one or no thing created it then no one or no thing does....and therefore ...it doesn't exist.
but if it does exist.....then someone or something had to create it...and control it

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Religion is soothing to so many, however for me, it's not because much of it is based on myths/stories that happened thousands of years ago. I try to answer what is, where are we going, and the limitations of human knowledge (epistemology).
Who controls the afterlife? I think if we do continue on to another plane of existence, angels and a God won't be there commanding our moves, but I believe it is down to our personal self to do what is best for us to lead us into our own destiny. As a secularist, I don't think there is a God in the Jeudo-Christian sense, however there are forces and/or entities which we cannot see or comprehend so many question pertaining to the paranormal are extremely difficult if not impossible to answer definitely. All I can say is that I don't know and that my being will continue as long as I am making choices and having a great time in this life. I'll worry about who controls the afterlife when I get there...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Well, with or without religion standing here is something I wrote on said subject of this after-life and who we all really are, as it can be proven we are A Spirit Being & or A Living Ghost and sorry if you don't believe that, but...in fact, that is the only thing that can, in fact, be proven, as all else is just but an illusion, as all of matter is void of anything. But here as I try and explain what of what that can't be explained but only proven to and for you, as to really know, as in only maybe I can, as I have worked on this for over some 40 years now, as a major Spirit Force of Energy, to be reckoned with or not, as it is to your bad the not, as we all can Spiritually Interact with, as within other Spirit Beings and make a real and measurable difference, as to anothers task at hand be that in a step up or step down, as to performance and execution, but what you might know it as PULL.

This is the facts of it...we all are living in an illusion, as all of matter is void of anything, as there is nothing even here, but only one thing and only one thing that can, in fact, be proven, as in US. Us as A Spirit Being & or Living Ghost, if you will and all have to be playing in this "The Game of Life" whereas you will be a winner or a loser if you don't get it right, as in only this a blink of an eye to get it right, as in comparison to earth's life's span of something like 4.5 Billion years old now, as from what that created US created this universe in God's creation...and the fact is we all are made in His image, as He is The Great Spirit Force of All Energy and the very invisible vibrating middle of every Atom that holds them all from flying apart from their own solar like systems.

Yes, it's true...You are A Spirit Being because you are A Spirit Force of Energy that can, in fact, be measured, as all Energy can be either transformed, manipulated and or and this is the big one...combined, as to make for a greater or even a lesser form of Energy...thus & therefore the real proof of who we all really are, as made in God's image, as A Spirit Being, as we know and try to remember...All of matter is void of anything at all...NOTHING, there is NOTHING HERE, but US, as in the only thing that can even be proven because, as I said, we all are A Spirit Being of A Force of Energy that can be measured outside of US, as in the only thing out there of what you think is out there that can be proven to be out there and not just in your mind where everything you see, hear, touch, taste and smell are no more than vibrations of Energy turned into electrical signals going to your brain making up everything you think you see, hear, touch, taste and smell out there, but it's not out there, as it all is inside your head, but there is something out there and that something is US, as the only thing that can, in fact, be proven to be out there, as A Spirit Force of Energy that can be combined to make for a greater or even lesser form of Energy, as I have not only devised away, but many of many ways that do, in fact, prove it, as in proving it all.

So...Yes, we all are playing in this "The Game of Life" whereas God can know whether or not you love Him or not, as He has placed evil/Satan here as to temp US into being and doing bad and wrong things we know that are bad and wrong things, as we all know how to be good, be right, do good and the doing of right...whereas evil would have you be wrong, do wrong, be bad and the doing of bad, as you see and or may know if you don't...both God and evil/Satan speak to US all, as to with, as within US, as in our Spiritual connection which makes it possible for Spirit Interaction in and of which we too can Spiritually Interact with, as within other Spirit Beings such as ourselves, as Spirit Beings all capable because we all are made in God's image of Spirit Beings capable of Spirit Interaction, as He does, as well, as evil too, in and of which also proves who we all are, as this all can be proven, as I've said, I have many ways that do prove it all! Ron

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
In order for something to be controlled it has to exist so my best answer
is no m.ther f..k.r.

You cant control "nothing" and "nothing" can be controlled.

Capiche!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Life hasn't ended yet. Therefor nothing has yet come after it.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

droid56

From my point of view the wise way is to find symbiosis with the unknown and understand that humans are not as wise as their ego and pride tells them they are. You are here for a reasons. Find out the reason and everything in your life will make sense. You might feel uncomfortable with the revelation but the truth normally is.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

droid56

Who controls the afterlife?

You do, droid.

Well, at least you control your OWN afterlife.

The afterlife is highly dependent on what the individual experiencing it thinks it will be like.

A person with deep religious delusi- errr, I mean convictions (
), is going to experience whatever their religion tells them to believe they will experience. A person who has no religion, or even spirituality for that matter, who truly believes that nothing will happen, will experience something very akin to just that; a relative void of sensing. Mind you since their minds are eternal, it then becomes a game of self-delusion and of maximizing deliberate obtuseness at that point, seeing how long they can deny what is blatantly obvious (that they still exist). Others who believe in nothing, but are not adamantly opposed to anything either, which IMO is really the majority of people regardless of stated beliefs, will experience something more mundane, and generic, but no less valid... simply a more cookie-cutter experience, generated not on conscious beliefs but subconscious human societal and even evolutionary conditioning as to what is good and what is bad (ex: light [day, warm, comforting golden sun, high visibility which is good for detecting approaching lions] = good, dark [night, cold, eerie silver moon, cant see # so lions are everywhere trying to eat you] = bad)

Basically, what do you WANT to happen? Decide now, and long for it, and to a high degree of probability, it will happen.

-

That said, I just wanted to add that it is ingrained into the human psyche to default in paradigm to hierarchical thinking, because the human was designed as a slave species to serve and not question "authority". But in the afterlife, there is no "authority" over you but you. You, the spirit, are the absolute sovereign of your being, and can be neither compelled nor coerced to do anything against your will. Influenced, perhaps. Suggested things, of course. But never forced to do any of it.

If you yield sovereignty in the afterlife, its just another game you choose to play, wittingly or unwittingly, a game of illusion and deception.

Ultimately, all spirits are equal (but still unique). Everyone has an equal say in how creation unfolds, so to speak, and gets an equal vote of what to manifest here (and consensus realities elsewhere occupied by more than 1 will). Thats why I say often on the boards that society as it is is a perfect manifestation of the peoples will, because truly it could not be any other way. Everyone gets an equal say in the form of the hearts desire, so to speak, and whatever is most desired for by the collective, will manifest.

Reality is a perfect reflector of will, and in a consensus reality, a perfect reflector of the collective will.

-

So again, who controls the afterlife?

You do, droid.

It could be no other way

edit on 1/23/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There is no control - all is arising unconditionally.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSpiritForce1

I don't believe in religions and think none of them are "correct" (however Zen Buddhism is appealing to me), however that being said, I lean more in favor of believing we are eternal beings with some kind of spiritual force. I like some of what you said, even with your large overuse of commas, but I don't like using the word God or Satan or afterlife, because words and language itself is naturally restricting. Trying to describe metaphysical topics with just words doesn't do it justice, just like you can't describe a psychedelic trip, especially dmt with our language.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Monsterenergy791 because: lowercased "dmt", wasn't coming our right uppercased

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

droid56

Your spirit will only be protected if the spirit of Christ is by your side at the time you die.

Trapped as in, kept on a tight chain yanked along by a negative entity who will force you into doing nasty things to mortals that you know is wrong.

If you don't comply, the negative entity will torture you into submission.

You only have to look at the US police force recently and how negative entities are making unsaved spirits control the thoughts of the police men who brutally murder homeless people for fun.

There is no wise way without religion.

Without faith in Jesus Christ, you are screwed for all eternity. Take your pick. Jesus Christ or screwed.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I say since we control our lives as in plus or minus-positive-negative karma wise...it is we who controls our afterlives. Its either by free will-choice, karma, or belief that what we believe it is...becomes reality. Even on the other side.

PS All things I believe come and go ultimately from God or the Creator...whom or whatever HE/SHe/They/Them/It...is/are!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Harmony, and chaos. Incomprehensible mechanisms and energies that are more and more subtil the more further you look, without any end. When you think you found the rawest component of it all, you just see you still can go deeper and elsewhere. It is like the inconscious, a natural unexplainable intelligence which is not conscious the way we see it. You think you can classify, unlock and decrypt it? Nop. Not quite possible, it doesnt fonction with logic. You could compare it to an intelligent raw material that can automaticaly decide and configure a world or many worlds randomly without reasons, and balance it perfectly in a harmonious naturally synchronistic synergistically way. Well thats how i would define it, barely honor the real thing tho.

A being that made and privilegied humans above all the rest and would welcome them after death with a new perfect utopistic world for its dear creations? Not bloody likely. Reality is never THATconvenient.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I asked this question because I keep encountering on the internet the scenario that the afterlife is controlled by aliens who pretend to be god or jesus when they manifest as a being of light. We feel very strong love when entering the light but the conspiracy idea is that aliens are manipulating our minds when we experience this strong love feeling (and why a being of light that cannot be clearly identified?). And then we are manipulated with images of loved ones that have died but they are created by going into our minds and memories by these beings. Finally we are pressured and manipulated into incarnating again by a past life review that shows us how we screwed up.

The story of the archons is involved in this story. In this story we are a source of food for these archon beings. Robert Monroe called this food loosh.

I have no idea whether where I end up will be an environment that is ultimately benevolent or not. But I am curious as to the truth in this regard.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If there is control by sentient entities, I assume it would be very much the same as it is here. That is to say positions taken by those who desire that type of power/beings who simply can. I hold no blind reverence for imposed authority… and I truly do not understand those who concede blind reverence to their unknown root creators/supposedly knowledgeable councils pushing people towards their own ideals/or even an oversoul of which we are not. Then again I hate authority and crave freedom/wish it for all in general.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Strayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I think it might just be ourselves in about 30,000 years time - our future ancestors!!

I think we must not forget those that didn't have the benefit of advancement.

just a thought

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Christ is the one who has been given the authority over the after life, he holds the keys over death and hell.. It is as simple as that.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

No. A vehicle of control. Nothing else.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

alienreality
Christ is the one who has been given the authority over the after life, he holds the keys over death and hell.. It is as simple as that.

Is that right? On who's authority? And who gave the entity that gave them the authority the authority to do so? That's dogmatic indoctrination speaking isn't it? Why have creatures of free will if only to be subordinate to some other sentient entity's ideal or face the punishment of your hell? Ludicrous.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join