It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedes buy insurance to skip long health queues

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by boncho

Cost I agree on. If I couldn't get into a doctor on a sunday, I would be losing a days pay for not working, and losing another days pay to pay the doctor. A week in the hospital cost pops about as much as it would cost to buy a brand new BMW. Costs are crazy.

I am still having a hard time seeing the wait times as accurate though. I know lots of people in NY and CT, both insured and uninsured, no one is waiting 6-61 days to see their regular doctor.

Just a thought I had. Most people I know in NY are not in the city, mostly places like putnam and westchester county, and farther north, maybe that has something to do with it. Although my doctor was in the Bronx, and I always got in the same day I called so I am not sure.

I take it you are not american or in america by the whole ur doing it wrong thing?
edit on Thu, 23 Jan 2014 01:29:33 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

The waiting list is likley dependent on what and where.

In UK I can see a GP at a clinic this evening if I like. If I have to have a minor surgery or see a consultant for a minor problem Im looking at a month or two wait. If its a majopr problem Il likley get in hospital right now like when they thought I had cancer.

There are also condition were you have to wait between treatments and also you have organ transplants which you can be waiting years, not cause of the type of medical system but cause there are just not enough organs about.

Really you have to look at how fast you get emergancy or clinic level treatment thats really the key data.

When you add it all up and take adverages it likley comes out longer than what it actually is. I cant speak for other countrys but for all major problems I have had in UK I get treatment instantly.

edit on 23-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

The study linked was split up though. The one I was commenting on was supposed to be for a non-emergency visit to the family practice, which I assume would be the same as a GP.

The link in this post
edit on Thu, 23 Jan 2014 05:28:14 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by crazyewok

The study linked was split up though. The one I was commenting on was supposed to be for a non-emergency visit to the family practice, which I assume would be the same as a GP.

Yeah that the same thing and odd if your waiting a month or two very odd. I guess if your living in the back end of no where and you have 1 doctor serveing a huge area that may be the case. So it does raise a few queations.

<< 1   >>

join