It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They get you in the Drive Through! !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh man... Does this ever being back memories... When I was a kid my dad REFUSED to pull forward. It didn't matter what the reason was or how long the line behind him, he wouldn't budge. THEN, once they gave him his order, he would sit there and go thru everything to make sure it was exactly as he ordered it. If he ordered extra sauce then you best believe he would be opening up the wrapper to check. Fry box not filled? Well then it was given back and he told them to fill it. McDonalds is notorious for under filling the fries. I worked there when I was 16, and there is actually a method they teach on how to fill the fry box to make it LOOK full when it's really not. Not following this deceitful practice was grounds for dismissal!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by crawley

I realise that....but it still doesn't change the ACTUAL time it takes them to bring you your food whether you are in front of the window or in the waiting bay. The only difference is how long it takes on their timed records.

If it takes an extraordinary amount of time then you still have the right to complain, whether you're at the window or in the bay.

Colour me indifferent...but this is one of the little things in life that just really does not bother me.

edit: Minimum wage workers are not going to work extra faster just because you refuse to move. In fact they may even work slower and/or spit in your food.
edit on 23-1-2014 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

They call that felony food tampering in most states and I believe someone has been prosecuted here for it.

As funny as it is to joke about, most of the kids working fast food in this area are undergrads or graduate students with far too much to lose to actually do something so silly. Nawww.. My points when service is an issue or like this, if I do just tell them no, is to the manager ...and I've even been known to outright say I'm rather sorry about the hassle to employees before, when issues have arisen.

I'm decent. I do get tired of the games enough to say something occasionally though.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

My advice: DON'T EAT FAST FOOD!

My friends and I worked at all of them when teens. Ever watched the movie Waiting? So much truth to it. One of the reasons I can't eat out anywhere, anytime, for any reason.

This is not to give you direction not to, but reasons why you shouldn't

-pee in the pickle buckets
-maxi pads in the frosty machines, found afterwards when empty
-spit, more often then not
-Dropping acid ('___') in food and drinks

There's just a couple for ya. Think twice before giving them attitude. For minimum wage would you GAF?

I was a chef at a 5 Star establishment, and I can tell you...NONE OF THOSE PLACES ARE CLEAN.

It is amazing how much inspectors will turn the cheek at fails in the food industry for kickbacks, etc.

How does one feel about eating out after being a bit honest with ATS on this subject?

Gross huh?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Somebody told me once cockroaches do not exist in Alaska. I am one to tell you that is false.

I have been told to kill and destroy them on sight, if you see one on any type of food, to knock it off of the food and keep serving because it will kill the food cost and will lose profit by throwing food in the trash. I remember living down in the lower 48 and seeing 4"+ cockroaches, the ones up here are 2-3" long if fed right(LMAO). They may add favor, but I am one not to try that. And I am talking about one of the nicest places in Alaska to eat, LOL

Enjoy....Dinner is served!
edit on 23-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

worked at burger king when i was in my teens, your absolutely right that is the reason they ask you to pull forward, they dont give a crap about the temperature of the food for the person behind you, its always to do with their timer which counts the time between your arrival at the speaker and departure from the window, and averages out all cars through the day, they get in trouble if that average is to high,

it is wrong for them to ask you to pull forward but i honestly would not say no, they will spit in your food,

just call their corporate/franchise office and complain about it, your best recourse if you dont want the "special sauce"

i was often instructed by the store manager himself to tell the driver to pull forward, there was no one above him in that store, only in the franchise office's. only reason i got that job was my sister worked in the franchise office. she has indeed confirmed to me they are not allowed to tell drivers to pull away from the window until AFTER they get their food, or else what is the point of the timer.

and it doesn't pay to doubt that they will spit in your food, they do indeed abuse the food of rude customers, witnessed it many times, their logic is if they aren't seen doing it they will get away with it, sadly its true, there's no cameras in the kitchen section all they have to do is glance around and be sure they aren't seen. even if you find it in your food there's no proof it came from them.
edit on 1/23/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

They call that felony food tampering in most states and I believe someone has been prosecuted here for it.

As funny as it is to joke about, most of the kids working fast food in this area are undergrads or graduate students with far too much to lose to actually do something so silly. Nawww.. My points when service is an issue or like this, if I do just tell them no, is to the manager ...and I've even been known to outright say I'm rather sorry about the hassle to employees before, when issues have arisen.

I'm decent. I do get tired of the games enough to say something occasionally though.

Wow has someone really been charged a felony for that?? Seems absurd...

I say if one place is habitual about, then they are doing something wrong. If they do it just to cancel out a time that they had no control over, and it happens, people will just refuse to leave the spot they are in, then I don't see any problem with it. Most times it happens to me i will get something free out of i noticed. Maybe the stores out here in CA are nicer about it

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I may be more touchy than some on food tampering as a joke simply from having suffered food poisoning on a regular basis in trucking. I doubt any of that was deliberate and a lot of reasons come to cause that.

People absolutely have been arrested and prosecuted for it though and that often seems related to cops, but likely because they have a level of Healthy paranoia' on such things already.

Hopefully no one here would actually risk another's health in such a way anyway. It strikes me as a grade school approach. That's just me tho.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have worked fast food. The reason it takes awhile is that if it is very slow, they haven't made the food in order to not waste it. So you are basically waiting for them to start over and make something instead of it sitting ready in the window. Fries take about 4 minutes to cook.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
When I was much younger, in college, always in a rush, and suffered "anger mgmt problems"... I loved BK. It was right up the street even. I go to my beloved BK...and they got my drink order wrong.. so I drove back through and said I wanted blah blah and they gave me the wrong one. I got my drink, drove away.. wrong drink again. I drive back through, tell them again.. and get the drink and drive away, take a drink.. and it was again the wrong thing. Now I was mad. They were messing with me.. on purpose... and Im a soda snob!! GRRR!!! I drove back through and went through it again. WHen I got the drink THAT time, I took a sip before I drove away. ( Yeah, yeah.. Im a slow learner apparently and shoulda done this the 2nd time) and incredibly.. it was the wrong thing. I chucked that soda through the window.. HARD, hollered, and drove away in a rage. Went to McDs and got my darn drink. They got it right. I didnt go to jail that night all thanks to McDs.

Ive been angry with BK for 20 years and never went back.... I hold a grudge.

I still have anger mgmt problems... but now Im older, more innocent looking, and more devious.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

ive worked in a lot of kitchens and i swear some people dont know what food without pubes and spit tastes like.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join