It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Different College Shootings in 24 Hours - Widener/Purdue/ UPDATED - 'Only' 2 shootings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Three US Colleges. Three Shootings. All in the past day or so ....
The University of Oklahoma shooting is an ACTIVE shooting at this time ....

Widener University
Purdue University
University of Oklahoma - Active Shooting At Time of this Writing

I hope this is a matter of everything happening in threes and there won't be more ... YIKES.

ETA ... The Widener shooting was at the Athletic Center.
The Purdue shooting was reported to be in the Electrical Engineering building.
The U of Oklahoma is in Gould Hall. (still fluid situation)
edit on 1/22/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/22/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

an alert text was sent out to students @ 11:35 cst saying " Shooting- Seek Shelter OU Emergency: Shooting on campus. Avoid (Gould Hall). Seek immediate shelter in place."

friend of mine sent me that. She says that all that the students on campus know is that there are shots fired. told her to keep me updated and will update on here accordingly
edit on 22-1-2014 by fireysnowman29 because: i can has grammar

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's been well over 15 years since I graduated college....can any of the ATS students comment to the possible reasons for these shootings?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

The Widener one was not a random violence attack. The student was targeted.
He was in his car outside the Athletic Building and was shot in his side.
He called 911 himself and was taken to the hospital. It's only a handful of blocks away.

The others .... I don't know motives for.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

solarstorm
It's been well over 15 years since I graduated college....can any of the ATS students comment to the possible reasons for these shootings?

Im not a student (like that would give me some higher insight anyway), but the reasons are because the country is turning to # faster than a chipotle burrito with "yeah, lots of the hot sauce... little more, please", an epidemic of SSRIs and other designer drugs designed to address symptoms and not underlying causes (no money in curing, but lots in "managing"), the despair that many young individuals feel that there is indeed no future for them, and throw in a good hefty sprinkling of potential rogue government regime ("federal government") covert involvement in already unstable individuals lives...

And there you have it.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
One shooting here and there is not enough to convince the public to enact more regulations so best to do a massive amount all at once? "conspiracy!"

Firepiston

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Just turned on my tv and there's no coverage on this new shooting. I hit all the news channels?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
new message was sent around 12:30 cst saying campus is cleared and to go to all other classes but avoid gould hall.

seems a bit strange to me!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Strange.

I wonder if somebody can draw a map of the 3 locations.

Calculate the distances and angles of the triangle.

Maybe some odd correlations?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Americans are outraged at Miley Cyrus' MTV awards show performance, talk non stop about Jennifer Lawrence on the red carpet and what outfit Kim Kardashian is wearing in Paris, and outraged that Phil Robertson talks badly about gay people, but despite these school shootings happening on a regular basis, no one wants to have a serious discussion about gun control, or show any outrage that over 135,000 American civilians have been killed on the streets of America in the last ten years.

If there was a series of random terrorist acts that killed over 135,000 American civilians on the streets of the USA over ten years, Americans would be SCREAMING for action from their Government.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No evidence of shooting on campus, apparently a machine backfired and people got scared.

No shooting at oklahoma u

kfor.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

GOOD! Now we are 'down' to two.
Perhaps the people on campus are a bit jumpy because of the other two shootings.
Better safe than sorry though ...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I read on local news that the shooter at Purdue was also a TA (victim was a TA) for the same professor. It's still unclear on motive because the suspect isn't cooperating. He did just walk outside unarmed and wait for police and did not resist.

That's the only thing I can contribute right now. I'll try to dig further.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I do find it strange that when Obama demands to get the guns out of the hands of the American people so they are powerless and cannot defend themselves against rogue government etc, suddenly you have shootings that are clearly aimed at influencing people into thinking that perhaps for the sake of the kiddies, they should give up their independence.

It is outrageous that the media concentrates on the superficial, irrelevant and 'dribble' news rather than attacking the real issues of today, but as its part of what seems to be a network of control slowly strangling the people, then its hardly surprising at all.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well I guess that means a renewed gun grab attempt . School shootings seem to be the tool for gun grabs through the English speaking countries . We are the last to be substantially disarmed .

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Shooting at South Carolina State University Dorm
Yep ... another college shooting this week ...

new topics

top topics

join