It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Tech WILL read your mind - For Airport and Company use!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
IF this has been posted my full apologies.

Came across this article which needs reading in its entirety. Not sure how true but the implications are BUT pretty damning. This could be used in so many obtrusive and illegal ways not to mention so many people who could be innocent could be found guilty of something. Minority Report anyone???

A couple of little excerpts below plus full article on link Mind Reading Tech

The solution is a system that will inspect visitors automatically and quickly, detecting any intent to commit a crime before it happens. According to Shoval he was somewhat inspired by the film “Minority Report” starring Tom Cruise, in which criminals-to-be are arrested by a “pre-crime” unit. Shoval gathered a group of founders and, with funding from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, developed their product. The system is called Cogito, Latin for “I think.” It’s a system that can detect hostile intentions, to be used in border checkpoints, airports, offices and other sensitive spots. It combines traditional security questions with lie detection principles.

The system can identify criminal intent, membership in shady organizations and even temporary criminal service on behalf of a third party. Subjects asked whether they’re members of criminal or terrorist organizations will show some uncontrollable physiological reactions if they do actually belong to some illegal group.

edit on 22-1-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
These should be mandatory for every Presidential and Congressional election, as well as Supreme Court candidates. They should also be used for Congressional hearings and police miscconduct investigations.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

VictorVonDoom
These should be mandatory for every Presidential and Congressional election, as well as Supreme Court candidates. They should also be used for Congressional hearings and police miscconduct investigations.

Yes what is their excuse since the tech exists?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Yes but do you think this will be how its used?

Or will we see a vast number of people being jailed for "bad thoughts" without any real proof?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

projectbane
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Or will we see a vast number of people being jailed for "bad thoughts" without any real proof?

And build more prisons, hire more guards, buy more weapons to arm these guards, etc? No, I don't think people will get jailed just because of that. Imagine a granny have trouble with her kids; will she get jailed just because of that "bad thought"? It seems more likely that this technology will be used for specific purposes.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

I think it could be good technology, but only if it is used the right way.

Instead of finding someone with ill intent to prosecute them, it could find people who have been persecuted, thereby giving light to whatever it is that they think has wronged them.

To illustrate what I mean, think of a child who is angered and has intent to hit another. If you can identify that intent, then you can stop him from the action in order to intercept his judgement / action -- so as to placate the situation, or right the wrong that has caused the ill intent.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Philip K. Dick was right.....

Minority Report is behind the angle...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Minority Report indeed. Guess they didn't watch the ending.

Good catch. F&S

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Maybe we can get Obama and Eric Holder to be the first to test this in the USA, If they refuse, then we know it really does work.. Assuming the test can be monitored by someone like Rand Paul. We know they hate him, but they also fear the truth.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
"The subjects sit down and place their hand on a sensor, put on the attached headphones and look at the display in front of them. A series of questions is presented, which takes up to seven minutes to answer. The answers are analyzed, information is cross-referenced using an integrated database and eventually the system determines whether the subject is an innocent or a suspect."

So you take a survey while attached to a beefed-up lie-detector?

WHOAH. EARTH SHATTERING TECHNOLOGY.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I think it's amazing how far this new nation has come in a very short time. Many great tech companies . Strong army, blooming economy.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
people can modulate how they think as easily as they can throw off a lie detector. This technology ultimately falls into the same problem. I don't believe this technology is viable for a long time. And even the prof of concept models and actual working ones I think are about as accurate as a lie detector. Even when they got the machine showing all sorts of suspect stuff going on in regions of the brain they still have no Idea what they intent is. And they most likely never will, or at least for a very long time. Its still all a bunch of BS ultimately largely unusable conjecture what they derive from their new ages tea leaf reading machine.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
israeleis are up to more sinister plans ie the gaza war

new topics

top topics

join