It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

St0rD

Well if you don't even have a proper personnal definition or belief of what god could be, why do you think for a sec you can claim there is no god?

You're not making any sense.

I don't refer to a being: God. Because there is no such thing. If you want a definition for the word. I said there is no omniscient omnipotent being. The practice of claiming one's God is omniscient and omnipotent probably started because of the "my god is better than your god" thing.
edit on 23-1-2014 by twsnhr013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

littled16

That's where the confusion comes into play- logic doesn't automatically imply truth or fact therefore isn't admissible as fact unless backed up by solid evidence. Neither dog in this fight has more or less evidence than the other and that is why it comes down to being a matter of opinion and belief instead of fact and proof. And it's good to have this sort of discussion provided everyone can keep a clear head and be respectful- unfortunately most threads of this type don't continue in that manner for very long.

I didn't start this thread to convince everyone that there is no god or to provide evidence. I simply stated that there is no omnipresent omnipotent being, added support and used a heat generating title.

The point was to reveal a perspective whereby believing in God causes negative emotions such as anger and resentment, so recognizing all beings as limited is an ideal solution. Then you can be grateful for the help you receive and not be resentful of strangers who don't help you. Because each being whether good, evil or in-between is limited and may not be able to help you or might have reason not to.

In addition to that, this thread was an equal and opposite reaction to the God Exists threads in that it gives people a chance to see the reverse.

Also, if people are truly believing in a fallacious concept and being manipulated by religion then we should isolate aspects of each concept and disprove them.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So far it seems that the logical conclusion to come to is that we can neither prove nor disprove God.

What must frustrate skeptics is that people keep changing the definition of God.

"God is all things and we are all God." I usually just call that "everything." simpler non-religious word. However, I still might regard others as equal and sovereign beings.

"God exists outside of space and time." So basically, he's not here, and he doesn't care. So we are on our own. Great reason to be a skeptic and not believe in God, imo.

We may still come to certain conclusions about God, depending on the definition used:
If we are considering a single omniscient and omnipotent being then,
As a father, God is abusive. And as an authority figure, God is negligent.
If that contradicts other aspects of that same being, then we may consider that being to not exist.

So really we may possibly prove or disprove some versions of God depending on what the person means when he/she says God.
However, what really annoys me is when religions and cults change their definition of God in order to manipulate or convert others. Imagine saying you are referring to everything as God, then you were really using everything as a metaphor for your own greatness because you want people to agree that you are God. Man! The twists and turns that can be made to try to convert you or imagine your acceptance.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by twsnhr013

Wrong. God is within us. It's our soul. It's the missing link. The piece of the God Particle is our soul. Jesus was born a man to teach us the secret of the power within us. etc. Remember the Bible wasn't written until about 300 ad. It's was written as control of the masses. Those who followed Jesus were Gods chosen the 144,000.
edit on 23-1-2014 by The only 1 who knows the because: correct a few things

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

Aha! sneaky sneaky.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

twsnhr013
As a father, God is abusive. And as an authority figure, God is negligent.
If that contradicts other aspects of that same being, then we may consider that being to not exist.

Archetypes of the collective unconscious have a dual-nature. If the archetype of the Self ("God") manifests to conscious awareness then it will do so as a pair of opposites. But behind the binary space-time illusion is unity.

"Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two." -Buddha

I think you would really enjoy this vid.

edit on 23-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have to chuckle. Its a good thing all of us...and OUR God...loves you just as you are! Even if you wont change your opinion.

You sound really angry about the subject, so I feel for your pain. But God can change your heart!

There is love out there in the Universe. Seek and ye shall find.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join