It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says 'Race' May Blunt Poll Standing in Interview

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there are many whose dislike of him is rooted and empowered by the fact that he is a black president.

AAC

And I'm sorry to burst your "bubble", but what makes you 100% certain that he's really black? His long-form birth certificate is a proven forgery. Without a legitimate birth certificate, we have no idea what his actual ethnic origins are.

For the record, as I've said for years (here and everywhere else), I do NOT believe "Obama" (or whatever his real name turns out to be) is black. As far as I'm concerned, he's a lousy president because of his failed policies, horrendous lies (if you like your insurance/keep your insurance, like your doctor/keep your doctor, Benghazi was a protest over a YouTube video, I didn't know about IRS targeting of conservative groups, etc...), wretched economic record, and the divisiveness he's brought to this country.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

What a whiner this failure is. He has used every excuse he has and blamed everyone there is to blame to the point there is nothing left but the race card and a bi-racial card at that.

Can this clown get any worse...? Yes I'm afraid he can get a lot worse. He is starting to act like a cornered failure that is realizing he an embarrassment not only to America but himself and his family and that is very scary.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Advantage

toolgal462
reply to post by Advantage

But the premise of the article is that Obama is saying that his race is somehow responsible for the drop in his approval rating. And he never said that.

The writer said that.

What you are saying might be true as well, but it still doesn't explain how this particular writer came to the conclusion that Obama thinks that it his race (and whether you love him or hate him for being a black man) that accounts for the drop in his poll numbers.

edit on 23-1-2014 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

Not really a mystery.. the writer took a quote and wrote an article. Writers read a quote and write what they interpret it as.. many times with their own commentary ... pretty common.
The OP opened up a subject for discussion.. and thats what we are doing.

The author of the OP's article was actually writing about someone else's article...thus the state of crappy partisan-pandering journalism..

The OPs article titled: "Obama Says Race May Blunt Poll Standing in Interview "
Conveniently contained no context for the claim the headline was making.
www.bloomberg.com...

Thus I went to the ACTUAL article that the hack in the OP's article constructed his BS upon..
That one was titled: "Going the Distance: On and off the road with Barack Obama"
www.newyorker.com...

Where it became clear that the AUTHOR was amalgamating the reality of the President's poll numbers with a comment the President had made on race.

No indication that the President was discussing his Poll numbers when he made that statement. In reality the whole article seems to be a collection of quotes from the President intermixed with the authors general observations and opinions about various topics. NOT a Q&A. Not an interview.

As for race influencing election outcomes. Sure I think it is possible in local elections, like you cited, where there are large concentrations of a given ethnicity.

But in larger elections, specifically the Presidential election?

African Americans account for roughly 12% of the population...other ethnicities 88%.

Among those African Americans (12%) there will be a proportion that voted for the President because of race..

Among the rest of the population (88%) there will be a proportion that did not vote for the President because of race...

I think the numbers become insignificant given the proportions.

I also think this is evidenced by the fact that several African Americans ran for President in the past under similar population demographics and lost by huge margins. Jesse Jackson, Carol Mosley Braun, Alan Keyes, Herman Cain etc. etc.

Ditto with Polls...

Racists do exist as do folks that support the President because of his race...add them together and determine the differential and it is insignificant on a national scale.

The Presidents statement was accurate and he wasn't attributing his poll numbers to that fact.

BTW: We a long past the point at which being a critic of the President requires a dishonest premise like the OP's article employs. BSing isn't necessary and saps credibility from more warranted criticisms.

edit on 23-1-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I don't like Obama because he is black.

I don't like the idea of a black president.
edit on 23-1-2014 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there are many whose dislike of him is rooted and empowered by the fact that he is a black president.

AAC

I will admit, I am one of those people.

Indeed, I know many other people like that in daily life.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

NotReallyASecret
I don't like Obama because he is black.

I don't like the idea of a black president.
edit on 23-1-2014 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

Hmmm...

Kudos for the honesty?

Thumbs down for the ignorance?

Judging people by the shade of their skin pigmentation seems an awfully handicapped way to navigate life.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I think he was being sarcastic.

But go ahead and run with that hahaha.

Kind of sad really.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

“One of the things that I’ve learned to appreciate more as president is you are essentially a relay swimmer in a river full of rapids, and that river is history,” he said.

The Man is Drowning in his Own Tears here ......Oye Vey !

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Common Good
reply to post by Indigo5

I think he was being sarcastic.

But go ahead and run with that hahaha.

Kind of sad really.

I don't see what unclear with my posts.

I don't like Obama because he's black.

(Yes I know hes mixed white and black)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well an extensive report on how your administration has set an atmosphere of Fear in media and journalism. It goes on in detail with interviews from the top press reporters in Washington and they all say the same thing. You have changed the way journalism and reporting in this country have conducted their jobs. None of the changes are good. One who has covered presidents since Nixon said." This is worse then the Nixon administration" he went on to say it don't even feel like America! and it's not all about whistleblowers. They don't get a list of the presidents meetings or who he is meeting with. and all on major issues like healthcare, immigration, ect. They are purposely left in the dark. Anyone to critical of the administration is bullied, pressured, and even investigated at times.

This I find more scary then anything..........

cpj.org...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

well then I am sorry for defending your ignorance.

I dont see many people or meet many people these days that still think like you do.

I hope you do know- you make up less than one percent of a fraction of one percent of the people in this nation.

Why you would come on a discussion boards to say such things? It makes me believe that you are either really really ignorant, or you are just someone trying to start crap on a discussion board.

I dont care what race you are, but I think you specifically might want to open your eyes a lil, the world has changed.

Grow up.

Once again- sorry for defending you- I didnt think you were serious. Now that I know you are, I feel sorry for you. There are a lot of good people out there that you are missing the oppotunity to know.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sorry Indigo- I really thought he was being sarcastic.

My apologies.

Some people just will never learn.

white people who hate black people..

Black people who hate white people..

brown people who hate black people..

white people who hate brown people..

black people who hate brown people..

brown people who hate white people..

Thats a lot of hate. Who really has the time?

I dont believe they make up any kind of majority in this country however. And to blame them is to give them credibility that they are actually making some sort of dirrerence, which IMO- they are not.

edit on 23-1-2014 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

“One of the things that I’ve learned to appreciate more as president is you are essentially a relay swimmer in a river full of rapids, and that river is history,” he said.

The Man is Drowning in his Own Tears here ......Oye Vey !

He is drowning in his own failures but cannot see it through his arrogance

People are getting tired of his BS ....the lies & deceptions are non-stop
But how dare anyone question or critique him..........tsk*tsk

I guess he's the first president where no one is supposed to disagree with him or his failed policies
We're all supposed to praise how great & wonderful Obamacare is.....[/sarcasm]
He'd probably would like to throw these disgruntled people into FEMA camps if he could....LOL

Yeah, Obama should get with Cuomo & Schumer and do away with the evil wicked GOP
They already sic the IRS on their 'targets'

It's actions like these and the flat out deception of Obamacare why people are distancing themselves from Obama & his cronies

edit on 24-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It seems like everybody on ATS ( or at least in this thread) has a problem with President Obama's race. Some of you never get tired of race-baiting followed by the assertion that you, yourself, are color-blind.

So he said a few brief things about his race, which I have no doubt are true.

I also acknowledge that I have "noticed" he is an African-American too. We live in a society that is still very race-conscious.

Come on, people, stop trying to blame our racial tensions (which were here before President Obama was president) for your own hang-ups.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The O is not black, he is a mixed race. And he is not disliked for his blackness, but for his inexperience and failures to date. And just wait until the healthcare situation really takes a chunk of peoples every day money. You ain't seen nothing yet.

But for being black? Most people are beyond the petty race thing.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Common Good
reply to post by Indigo5

Sorry Indigo- I really thought he was being sarcastic.

My apologies.

No worries. I actually appreciate folks who are honest about their racist mentality. Folks that are able to acknowledge that ignorance publicly, albeit anonymously in an online forum, are at least making their thinking available for debate and maybe..just maybe...can be educated.

African Americans do some horrible things...so do Caucasians..ditto the rainbow of skin pigmentation.

I have travelled to many parts of the world and the US during my life....met all types of people, both wonderful and terrifying. Drank a wine made by little girls chewing up berries and spitting them into a pot...sat and chatted (via interpreter) with incredibly friendly headhunters about their frustration that their gov wouldn't let them take heads anymore. Spent an afternoon in a sheet metal shack village in the middle of the deep woods in Apalachia after trying a mistaken short cut over a mountain during a road trip. I have yet to see any stereotype attributed to any ethnicity that isn't clearly the result of economics, culturally history etc. Never met a single human being where I could divine their character, intelligence, disposition by the amount of skin pigmentation.

I guess that is why racism is often equated with "ignorance"...it's a result of people's lack of understanding. Absent that awareness, folks retreat tot he lizard brain...different is scary...and where "fear" is a difficult emotional state for our ego to own...hate and pretending superiority is more palatable to our ego.

I work hard not to judge people. Even with proud racists, we have more in common than not...if you can cast light on those commonalities the fear/racism in those folks tends to melt a little...every once in a while it melts a lot

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yep the race card is always played when they have ran out of excuses. More like the joker card JMHO
It is time to restore our constitution. Join me May 16th in DC. link in my signature.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well, notreallyasecret, I give you kudos for being honest about who you are and how you feel. You are in for some nasty exchanges so hang on tight. That being said I have a question for you. Do you base this dislike on skin color or on the behavior of the culture? What I mean by culture is the gang banger/thug mentality that is being broadcast. Just curious.

Now for Obama.. He has blamed everybody else for all the problems in the country and in his second term the people are not buying it any more. Therefore he has to blame racism, all his supporters have been saying it for a long time anyway. Dumbass doesn't realize he would never have been elected if the majority was racist.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Remember when GW Bush said black people caused 9/11? No, didn't think so but I remember when black people said he hated them because he 'caused' Katrina.

Furthermore, the 'white' American has been conditioned to be scared of saying anything negative about blacks and the Black American has been conditioned to hate whites and blame them for all of their problems. So, no wonder he is saying this I guess. He must have been spinning some Public Enemy while he was supposed to be in college...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

matafuchs
Remember when GW Bush said black people caused 9/11? No, didn't think so but I remember when black people said he hated them because he 'caused' Katrina.

And Bob's your uncle....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join