It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Prepared - Bugged Out - but now you have toothache!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by Cinrad

Swollen and infected use colloidal silver, cured my husbands that way.

Keep a pair of pliers in case!

You might want to heed this Cinrad .

The FDA has issued numerous Warning Letters to Internet sites that have continued to promote colloidal silver as an antibiotic or for other medical purposes.[56][57][58] Despite the efforts of the FDA, silver products remain widely available on the market today. A review of websites promoting nasal sprays containing colloidal silver suggested that information about silver-containing nasal sprays on the internet is misleading and inaccurate.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

there are various common garden weeds which not only stop the pain but will kill an abscess...i dont have time now i will find out what thay are and repost later

Kill. That's so much more than claiming preventive care. I am very much interested. Anything you have is appreciated. Any personal testimony more so..
edit on 22-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

foxhound2459

Char-Lee
reply to post by Cinrad

Swollen and infected use colloidal silver, cured my husbands that way.

Keep a pair of pliers in case!

You might want to heed this Cinrad .

The FDA has issued numerous Warning Letters to Internet sites that have continued to promote colloidal silver as an antibiotic or for other medical purposes.[56][57][58] Despite the efforts of the FDA, silver products remain widely available on the market today. A review of websites promoting nasal sprays containing colloidal silver suggested that information about silver-containing nasal sprays on the internet is misleading and inaccurate.

Why are you even in a thread about Survivalism if you blindly believe information from the FDA?

The FDA would probably issue advice to stay in your home and wait for the authorities to collect you in any situation where you would need to worry about field medicine.

Although not a wonder material. Silver has good Oligodynamic properties which can be ( and indeed are) used in a number of real world applications where the control of bacterial growth is an issue.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well, I've found a dentist who is also a prepper so I'm not worrying about dental just yet.
I've learned over the years to use plantain for a toothache. Booze is good too, applied directly to affected area.
We use ionic silver routinely as well as cider vinegar and oregano and clove oil at the first sign of any issue.
I cured my gum disease with a preparation of plant extracts. It is called Oram-Plus and is made in the UK. I order a year's supply at a time. My dentist is a believer after seeing what it did for me.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is why I have a number of T&C no no's in my bug out bag.

Pain wont be a issue.........

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's the medical (including dental) that scares the crap out of me in a SHTF scenario. If you grew up in a society accustomed to instant medical care, you aren't going to adjust well to not having it, even if you learn bug-out/in methods.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I thank you for the informative thread! I have been trying to rely on natural remedies more and more - or at least understand them just in case it is necessary. Medical and dental problems scare me as well - it is one thing when you have a doctor/dentist down the block and an entirely different thing when they don't exist at all.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Better yet, if you are experiencing severe tooth problems, and an event is looming on the horizon that calls for 'bugging out', just get all your teeth pulled. No teeth, no toothache.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hmmm coincidence? I started this thread a couple of days ago and today I broke a piece of my tooth, down the bottom near the gum, not at the top. I know it will get infected sooner or later but I cant afford a dentist. I will be using the advice regarding apple cider vinegar, considering that I make the stuff for my income! I usually take a shot in the morning but will also take one at night now too. Time to look up those youtube videos I think, I suppose now is a good time to start learning field dentistry on myself before trying it on the family he he. Apparently they use tooth anaesthetic for tattoo application as well and it is available on ebay. There is someone in Israel selling mercury based amalgam, but wont be putting that in my mouth! I will see what I else I can find.
edit on 23/1/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My grandmother told me a story that my grandfather had nerve pain really bad and no money or dentist around so he gone out to the barn took some bailing wire sharpened it and heated it up red hot and poked it down through the gum down into the nerve. Ouch! O-0. So this got me thinking since this topic came up. Just wondering if there is a DIY medication that can be made like a tea or something that one could inject using a diabetic needle. The needles are very small and maybe a tiny bit of clove oil or something could be injected down in there. I know Clove is toxic and destructive to tissue and cells, but in a pinch would it be safe to inject a very very tiny bit down into a tooth? Just a thought.
edit on 23-1-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
Now find me some DIY teeth implants and I will really be prepared to go into the wild.

Not sustainable but my brother and I have vicodin and other pain killers collected in our bug-out supplies. We dedicate unused prescriptions to it.
edit on 21-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't state that online again.
Not in this day and age...the scrip police will be giving you a call.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

sean
My grandmother told me a story that my grandfather had nerve pain really bad and no money or dentist around so he gone out to the barn took some bailing wire sharpened it and heated it up red hot and poked it down through the gum down into the nerve. Ouch! O-0. So this got me thinking since this topic came up. Just wondering if there is a DIY medication that be made like a tea or something that one could inject using a diabetic needle. The needles are very small and maybe a tiny bit of clove oil or something could be injected down in there. I know Clove is toxic and destructive to tissue and cells, but in a pinch would it be safe to inject a very very tiny bit down into a tooth? Just a thought.

I don't know about that...I can say this, however:
fossilized remains of indigenous people worldwide can tell you that there is NO solution to the problem you are asking...just bad teeth or lack thereof.
BTW:Your Grandparents are effin hardcore!~

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

The problem is that pain killers only mask infections, they don't treat them.

Cinrad has an excellent point.

Field dentisty is definitely something to consider!

SnF

Stockpiled already. Fish Flex Forte is Cephalexin Monohydrate 500MG capsules, otherwise sold to humans as Keflex at 5 times the price. These are made and distributed by Thomas Laboratories. Keflex is prescribed by many dentists for tooth infections.

I buy 100, (500MG caps) for $30 online. Store in airtight container in cool dark place. Google Fish Flex Forte. One of thousands of forums on stockpiling animal and fish antibiotics for human use. forums.outdoorsdirectory.com...

Des

Des

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Cinrad
Hmmm coincidence? I started this thread a couple of days ago and today I broke a piece of my tooth, down the bottom near the gum, not at the top. I know it will get infected sooner or later but I cant afford a dentist. I will be using the advice regarding apple cider vinegar, considering that I make the stuff for my income! I usually take a shot in the morning but will also take one at night now too. Time to look up those youtube videos I think, I suppose now is a good time to start learning field dentistry on myself before trying it on the family he he. Apparently they use tooth anaesthetic for tattoo application as well and it is available on ebay. There is someone in Israel selling mercury based amalgam, but wont be putting that in my mouth! I will see what I else I can find.
edit on 23/1/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

I have found in the past that Jaegermeister is awesome for tooth pain...rub it onto the gum around the tooth.
What you do with the rest of the bottle is entirely up to you.

Believe it or not... REAL dark chocolate is a GREAT barrier against mouth germs that could enter a cavity or a broken tooth...
you won't look too pretty when you smile with chompers full of chocolate...but it can help you at night when your sleeping...get it all over your teeth after you've brushed them. Unsweetened real cocoa is what you need...milk chocolate is NOT what you want...
you can find it on the candy or baking isle in your grocery store...85% is what you want.

Pepperoncini vinegar is awesome first thing in the morning...you wouldn't think it, but I find it gets the groggs out in the morning and gets my blood pumping.
edit on 23-1-2014 by AFewGoodWomen because: p

edit on 23-1-2014 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Can always go and visit grandmas poppy garden.
hahahah!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Some really interesting info in this thread! Thanks for posting it.

Teeth problems can really grow out of control if not properly treated, with a myriad of different (and very bad) effects on the rest of the body if the infection is bad enough.

And really? Rubbing dark choc on your teeth before bed is a good thing? Seems odd, but at the same time, I think chocolate in general is one very interesting food.

As for zombies feeling the pain, no they do not. They only have the basic CNS functions, and do not exhibit higher level functioning. The zombies you see moving ultra fast in the movies are not realistic, though they might be able to stick to right about normal human functioning. This, obviously, does not apply to robot zombies. In the event of a fungal zombie outbreak, the spores have probably infected you already if you can see them. These zombies have an awareness of the pain as a hive mind, but it is not a concern as the bodies are simply used to spread spores and the pain isnt relevant unless it hinders propagation.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
health.yahoo.net...
www.dentalartist.com...
blog.grindguardn.com...

I didn't believe it at first either...
Next thing you know...salt is AWESOME for gunshot wounds! (not really, though...don't do that)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

It does work for abscess. I got rid of two with it. My dentist could not believe his eyes. I needed a root canal, but he would not do it until the abscess was gone. I followed that regiment and ten days later had my root canal. When I say I can not any antibiotics, I am not kidding.

I have told this to friends who also got rid of them.

You have to put the stuff on every six hours, at the gumline of said tooth. Do this for a week. It will heal.

This is if you are in an emergent situation, or can not take antibiotics. Or a temp solution. Eventually a bad tooth will die.
The one I took care of for two years was broke at the gum line, never any pain with this stuff, but it eventually crumbled to nothing and I had to have it dug out of the gum. Not being able to use anesthesia that was no picnic.

Sorry, hit reply to the wrong poster.

edit on 24-1-2014 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
A friend of mine recently tried to use homemade coconut oil to cure a long list of dental problems. It's easy to make too (not easy to find virgin coconut oil in stores here.)

From him:

I use a type that is produced locally by boiling down older coconuts (a similar process to making coconut cooking oil ). I used to have a long list of dental probs that needed attention. Within one month of swishing oil around in my mouth twice a day all the pain went away. Every single cavite i had healed up.

Now his dentist is recommending it to her patients as well

Coconut Oil for your Teeth

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I tell you I swear by Garlic. It does what many vicodin cannot do. It takes my worst tooth pain and makes it go Poof for at least 30 minutes at a time.

Garlic releases Allicin which kills the pain.

Medical uses
Toothache is almost always caused by an infection. An infection can be easily treated with allicin powder or liquid. In ancient times people used to cut up a clove of garlic and place it in or around the tooth abscess. Pain relief was usually immediate.

Treatment
Open up a capsule and rub a little allicin powder over the infected area.
www.allicinfacts.com...

More here: en.wikipedia.org...

The way I use it is take a small piece of garlic, about the size of a pencil eraser and chew it slowly to allow the juices to cover tie infected area. Warning: This will burn like HELL for about a 30 seconds. However thats no big deal because then you'll have sweet relief. It will be well worth the burn. Try it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join