It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paybacks a . . . . . . Standard (& Poor's) for the Obama Whitehouse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A 5 Billion, that's with a "B" lawsuit by the Justice Department (apparently they are too busy with retaliation to do anything useful) against S&P for the credit downgrade has been filed.

S&P responded by. . .

S&P filed a declaration by McGraw yesterday in federal court in Santa Ana, California, as part of a request to force the U.S. to hand over potential evidence that the company says will support its claim that the government filed a fraud lawsuit against it last year in retaliation for its downgrade of the U.S. debt two years earlier.

In his court statement, McGraw, 65, said Geithner called him on Aug. 8, 2011, after S&P was the only credit ratings company to downgrade the U.S. debt. Geithner, McGraw said, told him that S&P would be held accountable for the downgrade. Government officials have said the downgrade was based on an error by S&P.

. . . “S&P’s conduct would be looked at very carefully,” Geithner told McGraw according to the filing. “Such behavior would not occur, he said, without a response from the government.”

Source Linky

This is typical of the Obama Whitehouse, in my humble opinion.

Belong to the Tea Party?
Get denied status by the IRS.

Palin family?
Audited 6 times in the past 6 years.

An administration of lies, secrets, obscurity has once again shown itself to be vindictive, petty and very small.

Of course, just writing this on ATS will probably garner me my own audit from the IRS just because I disagree with the administration.

You can take my word for it, you can do your own homework.

Ignore, respond, learn origami.

It is in your hands now. . . . ATS.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Pure Chicago politics.

To call these guys evil is going to give evil a bad name by association.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I wouldn't call it evil, but I must admit, their petty vindictiveness is transparent!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Awww poor government, getting their credit downgraded for things that would have completely destroyed any individual person's credit a long time ago? What a shame.

It looks to me like the only "error" is that S&P still has some integrity that they aren't willing to trash for king thug Obama and his posse.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nope, have to disagree with you on this one. The administration and it's nasty puppets are evil.

... double checking ....

Yep, pure evil (and I have a high bar.)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, the S&P downgrade was the result of the Obama administration and congress not being able to reduce the national debt. Also, it is not the only organization that was for downgrading the government's rating. Smells real fishy. Makes Christi's little scandal seem like a spit in the bucket.

Fast and Furious, Bengazi, NSA, IRS, Obama's official identification papers . . . Just one more episode waiting for the papers. Shall we guess the outcome.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The Administration has obviously suffered yet another break with reality.

The psychotic jealousy displayed is well into the advanced stages of delusional disorder.

Perhaps other parties should be looking closer at agencies that did not lower the credit rating.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by searching411

S&P wasn't the only one to consider a downgrade, but they were the only ones to actually enact a downgrade.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wouldn't call it evil, but I must admit, their petty vindictiveness is transparent!

That's the only thing about this administration that is 'transparent'..... vindictiveness
And they are eerily good at it too

edit on 21-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well, they chose wisely. Santa Ana Court will be a nice bunch of people, not particularly disposed to kind thoughts with Government. Had this been elsewhere, the Government may feel comfy... Probably not so much there. This could be quite interesting to watch, IMO.

I think history records very clearly, the bad leaders. Not the mediocre (Who remembers Garfield for anything more than similarity to a funny cat, in name?) However...the really really bad ones? They stand out...and I don't mean the funny mustached one. That's too recent anyway... Naww.. Going back over Kings, Emperors, Potentates and "Others"....a real history would make the US Tax Code look like a pamphlet. Only the extremely good ...and the really bad ones make the books.

Obama is destined to be in books, generations from now ...and he ain't 'extremely good'.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wow, this is a desperate move. This is not about vindictiveness, it is an act of intimidation. This is a message being sent to all credit rating agencies, either say everything is OK even when it is horrible, or we will destroy you.

They are getting more and more desperate to keep the ponzi scheme going, which of course means it is that much closer to collapsing.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Now that's what i call "transparency", i guess when his majesty said i have a pen and a phone, he left out the part about him also having a "gang". yeah. i said it. because his administration got caught doing what every other "administration" has been caught doing in the first place. abusing power not granted to them by the constitution. what's new? I wonder what the country would look like if wall street actually DID turn they're backs on ALL politics ? well, one thing is for sure, we wouldn't need nearly as many lawyers as we have now. Hey. I'm liking the idea already !

edit on 1212014 by tencap77 because: spelling

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Impeach Obama / Cabinet members.

File charges against them.

convict them...

lock them up, throw away the key and lose the cell they were put in.

It seems its getting pretty bad for Obama. He purports to be a constitutional expert yet he shows absolutely no understanding of what separation of powers and checks and balances are.

You now have Democrats who are up for re-election this year running ads that are against Obamacare.

This week it is SnPs fault...
Last week Obama blamed race as to why he sucks as President.
Obamacare minions blamed the insurance companies for people losing their insurance.
They blamed a video for their incompetence in Benghazi..

To quote Frasier Crane when his insurance company screwed him over.

"Scandinavian shyster, cold hearted, glad handed, highway robber, phony big toothed smiley son of a bitch insurance man".

edit on 21-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

beezzer
Ignore, respond, learn origami.

This made me chuckle. Thanks.
Also good post.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

OK, so I fully agree that Obama completely fecal in origin, if you think for one minute that any other administration wouldn't have done the same thing, you're nuts.

Smedley BUtler described them as a mob, and goons, back in the 20's. Its no surprise. I am vaguely acquainted with this dude that has a few billion dollars He sues people to get even all the time. the goal is to crush you under legal debt. Bunch of a-holes.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'd agree, that any other administration would do the same, IF any other administration HAD done the same.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by beezzer

Pure Chicago politics.

To call these guys evil is going to give evil a bad name by association.

This post made me think of the book Good Omens by Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman. It's about the Christian apocalypse and it's hilarious. In it, a demon remarks that they (demons) have been taking cues from humans on how to do evil since we apparently do it better.
edit on 22-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This may illuminate my ignorance a bit on this subject...but how many times has the US credit rating been downgraded in the last 50 years?

Im not trying to compare turds or anything. I detest both parties. just the democrats a little more.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not that I disagree with the threads general premise and overall sentiment but sits here and wonders what happened to the huge throngs of ATS members back during the two previous elections who were ready to have Obama's baby?

Instead of wasting time, money and energy in lame lawsuits maybe this administration should actually do something worthwhile such as addressing the underlying causes and admit their own faults, As bad as Bush jr was *And he was bad* it's no longer believable to everybody to still blame that administration for what's wrong with the present situation. ETA: Not detracting from the disaster Bush jr left Obama, just saying..

Couple of pennies...
edit on 22-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by beezzer

This may illuminate my ignorance a bit on this subject...but how many times has the US credit rating been downgraded in the last 50 years?

Im not trying to compare turds or anything. I detest both parties. just the democrats a little more.

It hasn't, to my knowledge, ever been downgraded before.

I'll admit that both parties are filled with things that make sea slugs attractive, but this level, this OPEN level of vindictiveness is new to even the most jaded of pundits! (In my humble opinion)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join