It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

It somewhat confuses me from a political perspective how there can employed individuals being paid minimum wage and yet need government food stamps. For discussion purposes, why isn't the solution raising minimum wage?
edit on 21-1-2014 by ExNihiloRed because: Typo

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I would hesitate to be offended. I think this thread is heading to a discussion of the abuses of the system. I think everyone agrees that these programs have their merits and many individuals who need them use them appropriately. The issue is with those that do not and how to not let a few bad apples ruin the bunch.

Nothing wrong for asking for help when you need it. It gets problematic when you ask but don't actually need it.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Im not quit offended.

It did make me angry.

The answer to the problem is to stop side stepping and fix the economy.

Give people their jobs back. Let us support our selves.

No more tax breaks for outsourcing and that BS

NAFTA and bush are the start of this.

No one has to agree, but your blind if you cant see the downhill slide.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I felt like mystics comment was saying what we need is more government intervention and babying.

That intervention and hand holding has given people the thought that everything handed to them.

I dont need my hand held or my nose wiped. I need REALWORK!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

A lot of fair points. One of those problems with so many solutions and different opinions about which is best that, what in fact happens, is nothing.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I understand. Do you think that is the majority or minority position of those similarly situated?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

ExNihiloRed
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Doesn't your position presuppose those out of work on food stamps would be working if there were more jobs? There are a lot of unfilled jobs and yet a lot of unemployed. Arguably, people are picky and don't want to do certain types of jobs and, a cynic might say, prefer government aid.

How do you fix a growing level of apathy?
edit on 21-1-2014 by ExNihiloRed because: Typo

Not to derail this thread, but you state there are "a lot of unfilled jobs". How do you know this? Do you realize how many jobs that are being advertised do not actually exist? How many of them on sites like Career Builder and Monster.Com are fake? I did a little research into this, and was shocked at what I found out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The problem is the voting idiots choose the best LIAR.

They pick the side that spoon feeds them, no thought required.

They all have agendas.

We need fair and honest representation. Not this bull we have going on now days.

Working class senate, blue collar president.

These upper crust fat cats cant represent the people when they hold everyone below themselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I get your point, definitely. I didn't mean the statement to indicate there are plenty of jobs for all unemployed. It was a commentary suggesting that, as a basic matter, certain jobs do exist that people without jobs could do but choose not to do and that job creation is not the sole solution to unemployment. I fairly admit this is, as a general matter, my opinion and I have not conducted in-depth empirical studies to precisely evaluate my point. Perhaps that invalidates my point and weaves a bit of ignorance into my position.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ExNihiloRed

The majority need good work. They want to work.
But there are a few that will do nothing and have no issues with begging.

Then there are the truly needy, given a bad rap by the low life lazy scum system abusers.

I met a couple here that have no problems making kids for welfare. 5 kids i 6 years. I even heard them refer to their kids as little tax returns. The husband works for 6 weeks a year and sits on his ass rest of the time. Just to get that check.

Now that is sickening.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sorry if i blew up there. Please forgive me.

Its been a bad two years for me, and certain things are getting to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Well, I do have to agree that we have a severely under-informed electorate that bases its decisions on questionable criteria. Again, my opinion, but from conversations I've had, comments I've read, and other general interactions I know that people don't always do enough homework before choosing who to vote for ... but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles in a democratic republic.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

No, they added jobs. Plus the jobs they added were hi paying.

Next, not only did they add jobs but they encouraged the rare jobs that do exist in the market to require less stringent requirements so they aren't isolating a % of the population in a manner thats creating an underclass.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I didn't see you as blowing up, but rather expressing a passionate position. I respect that.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Few points worth mentioning:

(1) TPTB want as many people as possible on welfare. They WANT you dependent and destitute, with your hands out begging. Why? Dependent people are easier to control. Poor individuals who need to keep the welfare system flowing don't have the financial ability to protest too strongly or too loudly against the agenda... not so long as the agenda continues to subsidize some portion of their meager lifestyle.

(2) This won't continue forever. The gravy train will eventually stop running, and it'll be stopped BY DESIGN. TPTB will shut off the welfare spigot once they're ready for the full financial meltdown. This is called the IMF riot, and has been successfully implemented in many third world countries around the world. For more on this planned economic crisis plan, look up Joe Stiglitz, the former IMF chief-economist-turned-whistleblower, who quit his job with the IMF after publicly refusing to continue going along with such evil.

(3) We should all know by now that depopulation is part of the ultimate plan. What better way to have the "useless eaters" self-identify themselves than to slowly implode the economy, creating a deadly version of musical chairs where only the most essential (or most well connected) of us will still have jobs once the music stops playing.

This is textbook Cloward and Piven, Agenda 21, Georgia Guidestones at work.

In short, this is pure evil.

Demons exist, ladies and gentlemen. The devil is real.

If you want more proof, go talk to these insane psychopathic criminals we've let run our world straight into the ground.

The solution, for anyone who likes answers, is nonviolent nonparticipation. Until those of us who support free humanity come together and withdraw ALL time, money, support, and consent from these tyrants, nothing will ever change.

Want to know more about how to bring this corrupt system to heel? Either buy or search online for a copy of Nobel Peace Prize nominee Gene Sharp's book From Dictatorship to Democracy

Yeah, nonviolent nonparticipation is dangerous. Yeah, some of us will die.

But if you think that's too big of a risk, keep playing the game of TPTB. Maybe when the music stops, they'll be a chair left for you. But I highly, HIGHLY doubt you'll enjoy living in the world they've created.
edit on 21-1-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I'm confused by your use of the term "rare job."

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Seems like their weeding out the people who dont adhere to the rules set forth by the establishment by making it possible to create a class of people that are unemployable if they dont follow the rules.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

justreleased
reply to post by xuenchen

What I don't understand is why people who need public assistance continue having children.

If you can't afford to feed the children you have maybe you should use some type of birth control.

Just saying.

have a family.

company offshores job.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

That's a perspective that, while supportable, is one I hope is not true. What a shame if it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

What I don't understand is why people who need public assistance continue having children. If you can't afford to feed the children you have maybe you should use some type of birth control. Just saying.

I keep hearing people who have kids say its one of the best things that happen in life and that you can never understand the love of a parent untill you have kids.

Do seriously think people should just stop having kids?

I mean its different if you have kids you dont care about but what about the people who are good parents that are just having a hard time?

Why do we keep picking on the unfortunate people and blaming our problems on people who have nothing its nonsensical.

Blame the mexicans, blame people on welfare, blame other poor people, oh you have nothing, yeah its your fault.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join