It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militant groups control 60 percent of Fallujah: witnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

NEAR FALLUJAH, Iraq, Nov. 21 (Xinhuanet) -- Militant groups in battle-torn Fallujah have controlled 60 percent of the central Iraqi city and surrounded dozens of US Marines in Jolan district,witnesses said Sunday.

From news.xinhuanet.com...

Does above news has any credibility or we should simply trust what CNN or Fox told us? I remember Allawi said the operation concluded like a week ago, and US troops said 100% control.

What is the reality in Fallujah? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I doubt we'll know any time soon. The american media will tell us what the government wants to hear, and thats the fact that everything is perfect in Fallujah and elections will take place in January. I on the other hand cant see all these insurgents gone in 2 weeks, the military isn't going to get every insurgent, and when some Iraqi child sees his father killed by troops, another insurgent is ready to go.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
the americans do control 100 percent of Falluja. Meaning the US presence is felt throughout falluja even though there is still fighting.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusion360
I doubt we'll know any time soon. The american media will tell us what the government wants to hear, and thats the fact that everything is perfect in Fallujah and elections will take place in January.

That is the problem we have been fed that things are bad but getting better and that missions are acomplish but the thing fighting is none stop and that is not peace or security in that country.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusion360
I doubt we'll know any time soon. The american media will tell us what the government wants to hear, and thats the fact that everything is perfect in Fallujah and elections will take place in January. I on the other hand cant see all these insurgents gone in 2 weeks, the military isn't going to get every insurgent, and when some Iraqi child sees his father killed by troops, another insurgent is ready to go.

That is by far the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.... The aemrican media telling us what the goverment wants us to hear. If that was so, I do believe CNN would be alot different.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacedove
What is the reality in Fallujah? Thanks.

Whatever the reality in Fallujah might be, you can be certain that you will not learn of it from any official government source.

In the case of this article, it comes from a source which describes itself this way: "Xinhuanet.com is a famous news website run by Xinhua News Agency, the state news agency of China."

As such, it will, by its own admission, only publish stories the Chinese government wants you to read.

In light of the editorial position of Xinhua and many, many stories with the same editorial slant, it is clear that the Chinese government wishes for the U.S. mission in Iraq to fail, and that they will do everything they can to make that happen.

If you want to carry their water for them, I suppose that's your business, but the flood of obvious falsehoods and blatant propaganda overrunning ATS these days is not only promoting ignorance, but dragging the quality of ATS down as well.

Sad.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Whatever the reality in Fallujah might be, you can be certain that you will not learn of it from any official government source.

Can you tell me which source or sources you will trust more?
Someone told me that Fox news is "Fair and Balance" or CNN "the Most trusted Name in the News", I guess the both will be a safe bet. Are they? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't trust CNN very much anymore, I mean in the same one minute they told about the "insurgents" in Falluja, and also that most of the bodies found of fighters, were Iraqi or Iraqi from other cities
Oh and I don't trust Fox at all after they have showed a documentary over here how Fox runs their shows and how they publish the news. They even showed memo's from high level managers from Fox with orders not to use words as "snipers", instead use "sharpshooters" when it comes to US soldiers, also a memo was shown were the bosses ordered the editors not to make a new "Watergate" out of the lies of the WMD and Sadam-A Qaeda "evidences".

I now often look on aljazeerz.com, just to have perspectives from different angels.

I know, of course CNN can't call them freedom fighters or rebels.

Blobber

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Blobber]

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Blobber]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
All news sources have a hidden agenda whether or not they claim they are 'unbias and fair'. We would not even know there is a war in Fallujah if we didnt have media. The war isnt happening in Iraq. It's not even happening in Fallujah.

It's happening within the confines of our 27 inch TV that is sitting in our living room.

new topics

top topics

join