It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia to go ahead with shark "kill" zones.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Out of 1,634,701 Km of worldwide coast line, they plan on setting a few hooks on 5 Km, in hopes that a few people can be protected from being eaten. Sounds reasonable to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

i agree with you... thanks for the post

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It's about time. Dangerous animals need to be culled and kept away from the shores and people. We call bears that wander into town, even run amok in the hospital parking lot. It was culled quite fast.

Sharks, same thing!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Kryties
reply to post by Lagrimas

I guarantee if you came face-to-face with a Great White while you're just trying to go for a swim you would change your tune quick smart.

It's easy to sit back and judge the actions of others from the other side of the world where things are done differently. This reminds me of the time that their was a Kangaroo cull announced a few years ago and us Aussies had to put up with a whole bunch of people whinging about the "poor Kangaroos" without giving a single thought to the fact that they are in plague proportions in certain areas and can do great damage to crops and property.

So killing them to the point of extinction is the answer? Riiiight. Everything we fear and that can hurt us we destroy even though it has every right to be in existence where it lives. We invade it's territory and it naturally reacts, kill it. Great idea.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

s/f OP...

I do not agree with the shark cull. Roughly 11 people per year are killed by sharks. Since 1580-2012 sharks have killed 219 people in total in Australia. Compare that with the 11,000 sharks that are killed per minute by humans.. You are much more likely to die via lightning strike and even more likely to be stepped on and killed by a cow....!

The US has far more shark attacks than Australia. Although according to the table in the Wiki link. More shark attacks are fatal in Australia. Yet the US has not decided to go and cull sharks...

en.wikipedia.org...

• Each year there are about 50 to 70 confirmed shark attacks and 5 to 15 shark-attack fatalities around the world. The numbers have risen over the past several decades but not because sharks are more aggressive: Humans have simply taken to coastal waters in increasing numbers.

news.nationalgeographic.co.uk...

So only a handful of people die per year due to a shark attack. Yet millions of people die from starvation...

People know there are sharks in the water. People know the dangers. They enter the sharks territory at their own risk..

It makes no sense to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Kryties
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Yep, here they are - those whingers I talked about in my first post that sit back on the other side of the world telling us how we should be doing things down here, without having a clue as to the reality of the situation.

As far as I can tell you're just passive aggressive. No one has done anything but discuss the issues where as you verbally attack people,and for what? For where they are from in the world! I suppose you never make a thread or comment on threads to do with places other than Australia? Not too cool.

Be a shark hater all you like, and discuss your opinion openly, but dont use two line threads simply to hate on me or my fellow international ATS members for not wanting your government kill kill killing endangered species'.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Tusks
Out of 1,634,701 Km of worldwide coast line, they plan on setting a few hooks on 5 Km, in hopes that a few people can be protected from being eaten. Sounds reasonable to me.

Yes but they are going to bate these small areas with huge amounts of raw meat. How about I put a delicious 3 course meal on your dining table in your house and when yr attracted to it and sit down, boom goes the bomb under your seat? Yea that's fair game. I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Lagrimas

Yes but they are going to bate these small areas with huge amounts of raw meat. How about I put a delicious 3 course meal on your dining table in your house and when yr attracted to it and sit down, boom goes the bomb under your seat? Yea that's fair game. I'm sure.

What proof do you have of these "huge amounts of raw meat"? THERE IS NONE. You are sensationalizing. They mean to drop some baited hooks off frequented swimming beaches, they aren't nuking the entire damn coastline mate.

STOP SENSATIONALIZING.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Lagrimas

As far as I can tell you're just passive aggressive. No one has done anything but discuss the issues where as you verbally attack people,and for what? For where they are from in the world! I suppose you never make a thread or comment on threads to do with places other than Australia? Not too cool.

Be a shark hater all you like, and discuss your opinion openly, but dont use two line threads simply to hate on me or my fellow international ATS members for not wanting your government kill kill killing endangered species'.

What a load of bollocks mate. I haven't attacked you, you attacked us Aussies first, I was merely defending.

You are sensationalizing this issue and attacking anyone who disagrees with you. POOR FORM.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You make me laugh. I won't be drawn into a fight, I've seen how Australians bate the water so tourists can swim with the sharks... Well get in a cage. With loads of meat, and hey presto sharks. I'm sure they'll be using the same techniques. So don't be silly mate the only thing sensational about this story is the fact that its being reported at all. Its sensational that its true. That is all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join