It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror 'Surprise' for Sochi Olympics? Purported Suicide Bombers' New Threat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

You are pretty much spot on. Putin would wipe Chechnya off the map.
He already did that in a brutal 10 year campaign - mostly unreported in the west..

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

Totally agreed. Putin simply will not allow it to happen. The white widow story is interesting. I do not believe it. She was in Kenya now Sochii? She is the boogie man now. Russian troops have secured Sochii for over a month already. All game sites will be secure. Can they attack anywhere else in Russia? That I would think is the issue Russian security has to be worried about. It will not be the games or any sites associated with the games. 50,000 troops with all sorts of bomb detection and chemical detection tools it will not happen at the games per se. This will be the most secure event to ever take place. I am not sure you understand the rings of security they have and half the amount of troops that invaded Afghanistan. That is crazy. But secure.

edit on 20-1-2014 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well unlike most of ATS topics at least this one WILL have an answer. Personally I am hoping for a nice peaceful event. Somehow I don't think it will be. My inner alarm bells are going off on this one. I really hope it's a false alarm.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In general, it doesn't help Russians security stance to announce they have detected a specific threat, it only alerts the bad guys the gig is up. Unless of course you need an excuse for a hundred thousand oppressive security "troops" rifling through everything the whole time. After all, theres a "threat".

What an "olympic" challenge this is going to be.

Let the games begin!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

In theory,it should be easy to detect those already in the zone,and to get rid of any potential terrorists before they get into the zone.
But in reality,it is more like you said-a bribe here,a threat there,and you get potentially massive problems.
I worry about another potential threat-I have heard talk before another past big event that terrorists had possibly infiltrated the construction of the infrastructure,with the intention of planting explosives deep and sheilded from detection in the foundations of stadiums and other purpose built locations.
Thankfully,it did not happen that time,but its something I hope the security people think about.
How would you vet the 10s of thousands of construction crews?
In an unstable land..
That is a tough one.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Vasa Croe

She should be easy to ID on any facial recognition system-note the scar tissue on one side of her face under the eye/cheek area.
Thats if she isn't covering her face-But I imagine security people will be checking under face coverings.

If she is who they claim her to be,she ain't short of motivation for her cause,if her husband was indeed killed in the Moscow theatre attack.
(Even if the scumbag deserved it)

it also says she walks with a notable limp and one arm does not bend at all,so, would this work to her advantage?? nobody would think some woman with a bad arm and a limp would be a terrorist,but, a limp would make her stand out once the word got out.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

research100

Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Vasa Croe

She should be easy to ID on any facial recognition system-note the scar tissue on one side of her face under the eye/cheek area.
Thats if she isn't covering her face-But I imagine security people will be checking under face coverings.

If she is who they claim her to be,she ain't short of motivation for her cause,if her husband was indeed killed in the Moscow theatre attack.
(Even if the scumbag deserved it)

it also says she walks with a notable limp and one arm does not bend at all,so, would this work to her advantage?? nobody would think some woman with a bad arm and a limp would be a terrorist,but, a limp would make her stand out once the word got out.

My guess would be she will go under guise of being disabled, in a wheelchair with one of her cohorts pushing her..that or in an electric wheelchair. The disabled are more likely to be less harassed at checkpoints and fake docs stating your disability coming from another country would be easy to fake and hard to vet for a standard security team.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Fylgje
Call me a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but, wouldn't this most likely just be the U.S. behind all of this just to ruin Russia's day in the sun? amirite?

What I believe happened but cannot be sure since all can be a propaganda war:

To me it is all about Saudi Arabia and Syria. Saudi Arabia said back off and Russia said no.

www.israelnationalnews.com...
www.wnd.com...

Saudi Arabia is poking the bear since it wants it's gas pipeline to Europe.

Whatever happens I would leave Saudi Arabia directly if I was situated there and avoid it for the next 10 years. I think someone is trying to create Revelations in the bible for real (Mystery, Babylon The Great) and Saudi Arabia is coming up as the target for mass destruction due to it's constant support of Muslim fundamentalists.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
Looks like they have a specific subject targeted as well..the White Widow....

Source

U.S. counterterrorism operatives are helping Russian security agents in the hunt for a "white widow" -- the wife of a dead terrorist -- who could already be inside the massive security zone set up for next month's winter Olympics.

Ruzanna Ibragimova, the 22-year-old widow of a jihadist killed during the Moscow theater attack, is believed to have traveled from Dagestan to Sochi, according to a Russian security bulletin obtained by FoxNews.com, along with photos of her. The bulletin and photos were distributed by the Russian security force FSB and Sochi security officials to U.S. and other security agencies late last week.

edit on 1/20/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

Interesting character this "Ruzanna Ibragimova".

How do we know for sure that "She" is not some kind of mythical illusion?

How do we know this isn't a deep cover operation by an intelligence agency?

What exactly makes "Her" so dangerous?

I smell false flag and blame.
edit on Jan-20-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

Just watched a report on 7 NEWS ( Australia ), saying they are looking for four White Widows . Looked too me to be different photos of the same person.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

“I think the threats are real,” Rep. Michael McCaul, the Republican chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said on ABC’s “This Week.” “I think it’s more likely that the attacks would probably happen outside the perimeter, more soft targets, transportation modes, if you will.

exactly correct... there is too much security at Sochii for anything to happen. It will happen somewhere else if it does. I am not buying the white widow stories.. it seems like an excuse to step up the security which is allready at a level never seen anywhere before.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I a totally in gratitude to the good people of the U.S.S.R. for hosting the winter bloodbaths, sorry, i meant winter olympic slaughter fest. I am very veru much looking forward to the single luge events where blood, guts, intestines, spleens, limbs, grey brain matter and othe body partse will be filling up in the decelerization zones. I image the trophies wil not be awarded for best time but the culmative number of internal organs the U.S. competitors stll retain in they're body cavaties at the end of they're death plunges. something i'm sure the russian fans will be getting off on in state of joyous frenzy. thanks russians. when it comes to butcherering our us citizens, you make bin laden look like an amateur. but when you run your first grand Prix? that;s gonna be AWESOMELY BLOODY and something russians will be proud of for decades. Like Stalin and the Katyn woods massacre something the russians really, really dig. Mass murder for fun AND profit. I'm sure katy kurric and mattl auer will be smling from ear to ear the whole time. well done russians. im sure sochi will blaze right up there with other stellar commie induced slaughters strait from history, like Nanking amd Warsaw! have fun russki's, i 'm sure body else will! Zeig Heil !

edit on 1212014 by tencap77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1212014 by tencap77 because: spelling and i just don't care. Hat the russians and always will. who doesn't? ya! thought so !

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

Why all the spitting of hate?

You sure do have a large chip on your shoulder from what i have just read!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Fylgje
Call me a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but, wouldn't this most likely just be the U.S. behind all of this just to ruin Russia's day in the sun? amirite?

I doubt that very much. Chechen extremism has been an extremely serious security issue in Russia for years. Their radical Islamic ideology, combined with the brutalness of Putin's dealing with them, means they hate Russia with a passion and would absolutely love to humiliate them by ruining a showpiece like the Winter Olympics.

The warlords of this region such as the one in the OP are staggeringly dangerous individuals.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There is more black widow female terrorist now www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Shameless quote from myself, but do keep this in mind. To much attention is being drawn to the Sochi games, when a far more important event is taking place. Geneva2

I would just like to add this here, remember a few months ago al cia'da was planning something huge and unprecedented? I have been noticing that people are being forced to look at Sochi, however a far more important event is starting tomorrow.

As always timing.

The Geneva2, it seems to me this might become a target. It would be huge and unprecedented just like they said it would be. Just throwing it out here.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sorry for double post, but i'm hearing just now on CNN they are now saying that there are 3 black widows.Is it just me or does this sound like a plot of an old James Bond movie?

Edit: Us ships ready to transport americans if necessary. (headline)
US has contingency plan : US have two Warships on standby, and two Big airplanes, they can arrive within two days?
They are looking to move thousands of americans?

Also, they can only enter when they get approval from Russia.

Odd info here.
edit on stAmerica/Chicago121uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

GArnold
reply to post by GArnold

“I think the threats are real,” Rep. Michael McCaul, the Republican chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said on ABC’s “This Week.” “I think it’s more likely that the attacks would probably happen outside the perimeter, more soft targets, transportation modes, if you will.

exactly correct... there is too much security at Sochii for anything to happen. It will happen somewhere else if it does. I am not buying the white widow stories.. it seems like an excuse to step up the security which is allready at a level never seen anywhere before.

The Jihadists would be idiots if they try to strike the games directly. But strike other Olympic venues such as stores and resturants would work at instilling panic just as well.

Sochi is pretty poverty ridden, so staying out of sight would not be that hard.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

I heard more than 1 year ago they put a perimeter in place, checking everything going in and out.
If a blast does happen, I believe it will be at the airport coming in or something.. not in the stands or locker rooms, for example.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Scohii is not a target.. they have 50,000 security guarding Sochii. I am not sure what you are not understanding about the rings of security in place for the past month maybe longer. No one will get get close to Sochii or any site. If it happens it will be on edges of security at best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join