It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theocracy in America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
We are now living in a Theocracy run by Fascist's, does anyone care? The PNAC, and the NeoCon's have taken control of this country. Neo Con is just another word for fascist, by the way. The religious right is controlling the airwaves, and trying to influence the laws in our country. This admin has decided to attack preemtivley, and with the abrogation of treaties, for Democracy, and freedom, ha are you kidding me? Imperilaism is on the march, not freedom, and half of America is too stupid to realize they are being controlled with fear, and religion. Christianity is the only true belief, and will conquer all, at least that's what they are trying to do. Wake up America, the rest of the world see's it, why can't you?

Welcome to the for the Project for New American Century folk's

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Exactly the world knows america is controlled by its government and run by fear and oppression but the amaerican people do not realise

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just for the sake of clarity, "fear and oppression" is defined as being?

seekerof

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuanshao101
Exactly the world knows america is controlled by its government and run by fear and oppression but the amaerican people do not realise

Finally the message is out
BTW what about the supposed underground base in your town. Can Ya shed any light on that

Yours Truly,

Polar Bear

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think Theocracy is going a bit far.

If you're familiar with the concept of the Fascist Technocracy, then I think that's a bit closer to the mark.

We have a government wherein there are people of dubious moral standards controlling everything that we do as a whole...while they're pouring money into Technological fields, products of which keep us happy and sedated.

We're under peoples thumbs, and couldn't care less, because that's how great we have it here.

I bet that the per capita posession of an Xbox in Iraq is probably something like 1 per million citizens, but within the year, that rate will go up. Because we're ubanizing, and modernizing? No, because the way our society works, is to blind people who may ordinarily care, to the real issues. We're too busy drooling over material goods, that we've stopped caring about humanity, so long as we've got our cK jeans, everything will be alright.

Theocracy, on the other hand, is where we conquer with guns and bibles. We're not keeping people controlled with religion anymore...it's a practice that is falling into disuse. In fact, we are now toppling Theocracies. It is a pillar of the islamic faith that the religious leaders and political leaders be the same, or at least be associated closely.

No, we're not a Theocracy, and it's truly hard to pigeon-hole our society like that, because our government doesn't follow a specific schema, and our actual social structure governs us more closely than our leaders.

Hooray for Classism.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Just for the sake of clarity, "fear and oppression" is defined as being?

seekerof

Hey Einstien,
What the Hlel

being
SYLLABICATION: be�ing
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: bng KEY
NOUN: 1. The state or quality of having existence. See synonyms at existence.
2a. Something, such as an object, an idea, or a symbol, that exists, is thought to exist, or is represented as existing. b. The totality of all things that exist.
3a. A person: �The artist after all is a solitary being� (Virginia Woolf). b. All the qualities constituting one that exists; the essence. c. One's basic or essential nature; personality.
CONJUNCTION: Chiefly Southern U.S., Upper Southern U.S., & New England Because; since. Often used with as or that.

Polar Bear

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I cannot begin to tell you how much education is needed for so many.

Have you any idea what a theocracy is? Obviously not. Before you call me "too stupid" I suggest you learn a little.

A person who is not afraid, who see's no threat, is not ruled by fear. Again, and on another point, education is the key.

As far as the rest of the random words that began this thread; Infifel, why don't you back up and make some sense, possibly using some specifics, huh?

I warn you, however, if this is a bigoted attack against Christianity, you'll be bounced. It looks that way now, but I'm gonna take this slow. If this is worded right, I'll take the time to explain to you how wrong you are on so many points, but at this time it is worded so badly I'm not sure what your incoherent rant is about.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Way KOOL Loki, The Mask Knows. Hee Haw for Norse Gods

Tell it like it is BRO

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
I think Theocracy is going a bit far.

If you're familiar with the concept of the Fascist Technocracy, then I think that's a bit closer to the mark.

We have a government wherein there are people of dubious moral standards controlling everything that we do as a whole...while they're pouring money into Technological fields, products of which keep us happy and sedated.

We're under peoples thumbs, and couldn't care less, because that's how great we have it here.

I bet that the per capita posession of an Xbox in Iraq is probably something like 1 per million citizens, but within the year, that rate will go up. Because we're ubanizing, and modernizing? No, because the way our society works, is to blind people who may ordinarily care, to the real issues. We're too busy drooling over material goods, that we've stopped caring about humanity, so long as we've got our cK jeans, everything will be alright.

Theocracy, on the other hand, is where we conquer with guns and bibles. We're not keeping people controlled with religion anymore...it's a practice that is falling into disuse. In fact, we are now toppling Theocracies. It is a pillar of the islamic faith that the religious leaders and political leaders be the same, or at least be associated closely.

No, we're not a Theocracy, and it's truly hard to pigeon-hole our society like that, because our government doesn't follow a specific schema, and our actual social structure governs us more closely than our leaders.

Hooray for Classism.

Toppling them, and replacing them with christianity, instead of Islam or judaism. We have been pumping christianity into the Middle east for a long time now, along with Africa, and Asia. If religion wasn't still being used to control people in the U.S. than bush would never have gotten reelected, well barring Electronic voting that is. Hot button issues, and morality became his saving grace, along with fear ofcourse.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Polar Bear, your intellectual "schooling" is intriguing, to say the least, but the question remains unanswered.

seekerof

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
In other words, Infidel, because the Christians speak up because some states wnat to push homosexual marriage in their face, this country is a theocracy?

Here's a flash bulletin for you - if this place truly was a theocracy, things would be a whole lot different, now wouldn't it? A very clear lack of understanding of Christianity is slathered in here, too.

Why is it that it is too simple for some that we are at war because we have been attacked by an enemy that is not cofined by borders?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hey Tommy, like the NWO suit, looks Helgelian with the Belgian

Theocracy is a form of government in which the governmental rulers are identical with the leaders of the dominant religion.

In a theocracy, governmental policies are either identical with or strongly influenced by the principles of the majority religion, and typically, the government claims to rule on behalf of God or a higher power, as specified by the local religion. However, unlike other forms of government a theocracy is unique in that the administrative hierarchy of government is identical with the administrative hierarchy of a religion. This distinguishes a theocracy from forms of governments which have a state religion or from traditional monarchies in which the head of state claims that his or her authority comes from God.

The original post sounds about right to me. Especially since the Messiah Bush [burning that is] claims direct authority from God on TV many times. WOW you are one to speak Super Mod

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't see why Christians should be so hateful to homosexual marriage.

Jesus taught tolerance, first and foremost.

Why is it that every roadblock in the way of complete tolerance and total acceptance has labelled themselves as a christian, then?

The KKK is predominately composed of White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, aka W.A.S.Ps, (Christians).

Many slave owners considered themselves religious men, attending their local Baptist churches every Sunday.

And now, in the face of another breakthrough in equal rights, the counter-inclusion movement has labelled themselves:

The Catholic Church

Did I misread something in the bible? Did Jesus not want us to love our fellow man?

Did he not adopt the hated Gentiles, after the Jews spurned him?

Help me to understand why there is so much (Percieved?) Latent hate in the modern Christian mentality.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
p.s. my post will go over like a lead ballon with super tommy, gosh don't ya love people they don't change. they just get better

oh yeah the def came from here

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well "hlel", Polar Bear, with your 'absolute' definition of "theocracy", that would make virtually every government on this planet a "theocracy," correct? Keep in mind, whether "influenced" by religious leader's or by religious teaching's, leaders or citizens do not necessarily measure or equate to a nation or country being a "theocracy." Was not the nation founded on Christian principle's, influenced by religious leader's or religious teachings?

seekerof

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
its not really an attack against christianity, its an attack against a cult belief that has now inflitrated almost all of the American churchs. that belief is basically the ideal of a theocracy, a nation where the laws of God rule the nation and thus God rules the nation. Problem is that church and state should never be mixed, whenever this has happened there has been a massive loss of rights of the citizens and major corruption including corrupting entire religions (Islamic nations and the Catholic church during the dark ages are perfect examples)

it is a long shot though for America to really turn into a theocracy, however if it was ever going to happen the people in power now have the highest desire to make it happen. this by the way is not biblical Jesus himself said render unto Ceasears what is Ceasears and unto God what is Gods. The whole church and state thing as one has never work.

at face value this post may seem harsh, unrealistic and even unchristian (some would even say antichristian) BUT if you take the time to research the current alignment that there is between certain forms of christianity and politics in America you may be very surprised and alarmed at what you find.
Search out "dominionism" and "kingdom now" teachings to find out the root of the belief structure at the moment in alot of churchs and governing structures of America. Basically it is a cult (FALSE) teaching that has become accepted as main stream and often now unquestioned. Some of the most extreme forms of this doctrine is that "we" the "christains" have to build the kingdom of God here on this physical earth before Jesus can return, or put another way Jesus aint coming unless we take over the world!!! This is a cult belief, non Biblical and plain apostacy.

www.theocracywatch.org...
www.cybertime.net...

[edit on 21-11-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Polar bear, you're a moron!! LOL!!!
I have a sense of humor, PB; all of us superior sentient beings called Super Mods do. It comes with our vastly superior intellect.

Anyway, Bush does talk to God, as well as I. No president in our history talked to God as much as the first president elected, George Washington. John Jay admonished us to elect nothing but Christian leaders, but this doesn't mean we are a theocracy. Thomas Jefferson was for the government spreading Christianity among the several eathen Indian tribes, but still, this is not a theocracy.

A theocracy is something like what is found in Iran. While this nation is a Christian one, the government is not. However, that does not mean Christians are to stay out of politics; on the contrary, Christians were expected to control it.

Christiansd are against Homosexual "marriage" because of a couple reasons. First, God created the institution of marriage, and it was to be between a man and a woman. It was designed for procreation under a stable and loving environment where the basic unit of a society, the family, is protected. God also makes it clear that homosexuality is an abomination. This is made very clear thoughout the Bible. The lucid question is, how could you think Christians would NOT have a problem with it?
Now, having said that, understand this. At the same time, we do not believe in spying into someone's house, know what I mean? Don't throw it in our faces and we aren't going to go looking for it. There is where the problem is, they cannot seem to do that anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hey Einstien,

Crap, now your making me think
I'll have to get back to you on this one. I've been up all night and wish to rest and think before I respond

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Polar Bear]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You are correct that the Kingdom Now concept is totally unBiblical, Stranger, but wrong in that the nation is not a Christian one.

I highly doubt the nation would become a Theocracy, as you too, agree, but one thing we might need to remember while we give ourselves too much credit; we come from a species where 1,500 hundred followed a dude named Jim Jones to Africa and drank spiked Kool-Aide! We ain't much to write home about!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Polar, don't stay up too long. I'm only up right now because I had a severe case of acid reflux. What other result was I looking for by eating 4 beef pot pies and drinking a six pack before bedtime?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join