It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorola patents e-tattoo that can read your thoughts...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I heard something awhile back about a similar type of way to do this but not as small. Incredible technology with many more uses not being brought to light (mostly due to the military applications).

Motorola patents e-tattoo that can read your thoughts by listening to unvocalized words in your throat

Original Extreme Tech Article

excerpt
A new application from Google-owned Motorola Mobility seeks a patent not for any particular utensil, but rather, for setting the table. In other words, if you have an electronic smart tattoo, and want it to speak to your mobile communications device, you may soon be able to do it in spades, but you will have to do it Google style.

The tattoo they have in mind is actually one that will be emblazoned over your vocal cords to intercept subtle voice commands — perhaps even sub-vocal commands, or even the fully internal whisperings that fail to pluck the vocal cords when not given full cerebral approval. One might even conclude that they are not just patenting device communications from a patch of smartskin, but communications from your soul.

The actual patent speaks of picking up an “auditory signal” from the tattoo, and converting it into a digital signal. The signals from the brain, carried by spikes on the hundreds of laryngeal nerve fibers (and other nerves modulating the vocal tract), are already digital. They bear no real resemblance to an auditory signal at this point. (read more at the link above)

Johnny thinks and remembers awhile back....
Ok, consider this. In an interview I once had with an ex-military officer, our subject matter was "R&D within the Military. I wanted to know how far behind we 'the general public' were to already developed technologies. He said "were 30- 40 years behind what has been explored and developed". I also asked how far along are we in certain 'exotic' technologies ( a very open-ended question that could've gone any number of paths). There was a pause and then he finally said, "whatever you can dream up has at some time or another been discussed and researched... and that's all I'm going to say on this subject".

edit on 1/18/2014 by JohnnyAnonymous because: A few typos

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Some scifi books I've read refer to this as "Wet wired".

I think the power coil will be done away with as they could use the bodies chemistry to create power much the same way as a battery does.
Soon it'll be a tatoo on the arm that will be just like a smartphone display.
The future could be amazing if only the lunatics would stop trying to control everyone!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

i do hope they have a sense of irony and shape it into the mark

reminds me of an old advert on the back of a fortean times mag
some punk looking guy tattooed up with the written lines next to it

haste yee , don't you see?
the motherfeckers are upon us
they raze the walls ,
like cattle they treat us,
like cattle
awaken ,
awaken from your stupification

still brings a smile to my face
even from all them years back

funbox

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh crap. My wife will probably want me to get one of those so she can know what I am thinking.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

rickymouse
Oh crap. My wife will probably want me to get one of those so she can know what I am thinking.

You owe me a new keyboard.... (I spit out tea all over it)

edit on 1/18/2014 by JohnnyAnonymous because: added a bit

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

rickymouse

If you have been married a while she already does....

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I don't hide what I think. My wife, though... is definitely getting one of these. Woman is a mystery to me.

Does it come with a "turn off host" button? It coukd be a helpful feature

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
someone just had to take the "thought police" idea too far......that little device is going to break up a lot of relationships

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
someone just had to take the "thought police" idea too far......that little device is going to break up a lot of relationships

You mean like cell phones did?

Sci-fi sooner or later becomes reality. This is actually pretty neat tech if not forced upon people.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

The tattoo they have in mind is actually one that will be emblazoned over your vocal cords to intercept subtle voice commands — perhaps even sub-vocal commands, or even the fully internal whisperings that fail to pluck the vocal cords when not given full cerebral approval. One might even conclude that they are not just patenting device communications from a patch of smartskin, but communications from your soul.

Sub vocal commands.
Like those thoughts a person is thinking and doesn't really want to say out loud?
All those times when we're speaking with our spouse, and they say something really stupid....

"honestly honey, I wasn't callin You a bonehead"

Now a tattoo is not going to let those things stay unsaid....
That could cause soooo many fights

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

JohnnyAnonymous

rickymouse

You owe me a new keyboard.... (I spit out tea all over it)

edit on 1/18/2014 by JohnnyAnonymous because: added a bit

You wouldn't have that problem of tea all over your keyboard if you had been drinking coffee.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

rickymouse

If that is possible then how do we make this mandatory for politicians?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Johnny:

It's not so much a tattoo as a decal. If you ever had a tegaderm bandage on, it's really similar. As far as the reading thoughts thing goes, SORDAC did some research into using this as a silent mike for operators but last I heard it was with mixed success.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I have never studied human anatomy. but I know there are many little cords that the magnets can pass through. All that has to be done is to make the right connections. All our body functions are physical. there is no mental function in us, for instance thinking the same as talking is physical process. We all would think loud if we were not suppressed while we were small. When we think we contract the muscles that are for that purpose, but the contraction is so delicate we cannot notice it.

Ed Leedskalnin in "Mineral, Vegetable and Animal Life"
edit on 1/19/2014 by 0001391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Grimpachi

rickymouse

If that is possible then how do we make this mandatory for politicians?

Politicians aren't a problem once you realize that they always have motive for everything they do. The "believe half of what you hear and three quarters of what you see" rule does not apply to politicians. They are exempt, they do not have to tell the whole truth ever, and if they did nobody would believe them anyway. It would be good for tptb to have a politician tell the truth to hide something really well from people, it would make the politician look kind of crazy by some and the conspiracy theorists would try to debunk the truth and eventually discredit the truth since someone who lies all the time is saying it. Would you believe the truth if it was spoken by the devil?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

MALBOSIA
reply to post by rickymouse

I don't hide what I think. My wife, though... is definitely getting one of these. Woman is a mystery to me.

Does it come with a "turn off host" button? It coukd be a helpful feature

HEHE!!
I have a mole and my husband took a pen and wrote "on" above it and "off" below it. Its on the back of my shoulder. Now.. every once in a while.. he will press that button and ATTEMPT to turn off host. We were at a neighborhood meeting ( the mayor lives in the neighborhood, I think he is a dope, he was there) and the husband was pressing my shoulder like mad!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I'm not saying that this isn't possible, but I'm not really sure how this would work. It takes more than vocal chord vibrations to make intelligible or even just comprehensible speech. I would think at best they would get the vibrations and make some educated guesses. Without lips, tongue and other muscles to refine the sounds I just don't see how they could really figure out what you are saying or "thinking". Besides, subconscious thought doesn't usually form words. In fact, many people don't think most of the thoughts in the front of their brains into words. It is for more abstract. I'm skeptical on this one, I must confess.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
jsut use a microphone. no tatto needed. they are very small too. just stick one to our face using glue. add very small antenna and done. same for less.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Since I can't seem to be able toput my question in a new thread I guess I'll have to put it here.I hope someone with the technical knowledge can give me an answer.I have allways wondered,since the debate about whether or not we've been to the moon started,why has someone not taken a telescope and looked for the lander.In all this wonderful technology we have can someone not use a telescope to see this thing on the surface of the moon? We can build smart machines and we can replace someones heart with an artificial one and we can take photographs of molecules and atoms but we can't point a telescope at the moon and see the lander,really? I don't mean to sound facetious,and all credit due to astronomers and telescope builders ,but,come on guys,we cantake pictures of galaxies hundreds of millions of light years away and can't get one picture of the eagle lander on our own moon from earth? Please pardon me for my complete disbelief but that really doesn't sound like something outside the range of possibility.I would very much appreciate some insight into this.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yarblis

Your answer lies in the wonderful world of physics. There you will discover Rayleigh's limit, which sets a boundary on the minimum size of objects you can resolve with a telescope. For any distance, aperture size and color of light, there is a limit to the smallest feature you can see. You don't get to magnify to your heart's content, I'm afraid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join