It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No. More. Secrets.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What if there was a way for every brain on the planet to know everything that every other brain knows?

Well, there would be no more secrets. No more conspiracies. No more disinformation.

Allow me to present a video lecture that I think you guys will really enjoy. That is, unless you have a lot of secrets. :p

edit on 17-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No. More. Double posts.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Yeah oops sorry about that guys.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No, just no. There are things I don't want to know. There are secrets the government needs to keep. Does there need to be more openness? Yes. But not to this point.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Hey, thanks BlueMule i have been looking for some new material to dive into.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

tebyen
There are secrets the government needs to keep.

From other governments, sure. But if every human being from every country knows what's in every other brain, then what would be the point of it?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Would you mind summarizing the content of the lecture?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

In a nutshell, Dr Persinger talks about the things he's learned from studying the brains of psychic people. He claims that technology is being developed that will allow every brain to have access to the knowledge of every other brain.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

BlueMule

In a nutshell, Dr Persinger talks about the things he's learned from studying the brains of psychic people. He claims that technology is being developed that will allow every brain to have access to the knowledge of every other brain.

Hey thanks for the quick reply.
And WOW I will find time to watch this!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You forgot no more privacy...

An no privacy is not about secrets, shame or bad intentions is just the right to control what others know about you as they can't abuse and control you.

edit on 17-1-2014 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No more planning surprise parties? No surprises at all? I like surprises.

It sure would ruin the ending of every book you ever tried to read or movie you ever watch.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Panic2k11

You forgot no more privacy...

An no privacy is not about secrets, shame or bad intentions is just the right to control what others know about you as they can't abuse and control you.

If someone were to abuse and control you, everyone else would know. People won't want you to be controlled and abused any more than they will want themselves to be. It won't be tolerated because the empathic link would make them feel your pain.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

calstorm

No more planning surprise parties? No surprises at all? I like surprises.

It sure would ruin the ending of every book you ever tried to read or movie you ever watch.

I don't think so. I think we would have a level of control over that kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

BlueMule

tebyen
There are secrets the government needs to keep.

From other governments, sure. But if every human being from every country knows what's in every other brain, then what would be the point of it?

Oh come now, you know the answer to that.

Without secrets, domination, subjugation, and oppression would be all but impossible. Control it gained through deception. Tis why the government "needs" to "keep secrets"

edit on 1/17/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Control is not about causing pain in fact pain is a method for control not the objective.

In any case if the process of knowing or sharing minds is not intrinsic and open you could bet that some would abuse it. Let alone the fact that no one is perfect an the most terrible and destructive human emotions is shame, no one would sign for that "utopia" as we all have burdens we are aware of.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

BlueMule

In a nut shell, good by ATS lol lol lol

Seriously, this line of thought was addressed in Star Trec, the "Borge". We would be nothing more than a colony of Ants, cockroaches, enter the name of your favorite single minded life form.

What real learning could take place if everything and everyone had the same thoughts? Logic and truth would, in the human species, be realized in short order. Life would no longer be worth living, without the unknown to search after.

In my opinion..........

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Panic2k11

Control is not about causing pain in fact pain is a method for control not the objective.

In any case if the process of knowing or sharing minds is not intrinsic and open you could bet that some would abuse it.

But it is intrinsic.

Let alone the fact that no one is perfect an the most terrible and destructive human emotions is shame, no one would sign for that "utopia" as we all have burdens we are aware of.

Naw, shame can easily be overcome by unconditional love, compassion, forgiveness. These are much stronger. Don't worry.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

All Seeing Eye

BlueMule

In a nut shell, good by ATS lol lol lol

Small price to pay.

Seriously, this line of thought was addressed in Star Trec, the "Borge". We would be nothing more than a colony of Ants, cockroaches, enter the name of your favorite single minded life form.

Not necessarily. I think we would be more like the Organians. We are all psychic already. We use it all the time and don't even realize it.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That sounds like a fine mess, trying not to think.
oh wait.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Not necessarily. I think we would be more like the Organians. We are all psychic already. We use it all the time and don't even realize it.
To some extent, yes, and is solely a individual choice. If we were all allowed the choice to turn it on or off.

There are things I can psychically see about this planet, and others. I can see other life forms influencing humanity to and fro. And even things involving my own personal life. But again, I am given this choice, its not forced upon me through design or accident.

I believe humanity should always retain the divine gift of choice.

<<   2 >>

join