It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Year Old Finds Treasure in Secret Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
In a time when our children seem to have to grow up way too fast, I found this video in which a loving dad went out of his way to add an unforgettable charming memory to his daughter's arsenal of precious family moments. Imo, the video is well made and will no doubt be in the family's playlist for a long time to come. It may seem a little strange, but there is nothing quite like a daughter-father bond to ease her through the coming years.

I hope you enjoy it and perhaps it will help to spark some creativity in you as it has in me.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Dear Lord... How many doorknobs did they own???!

I loved it. This is one of those videos where I catch myself smiling like an idiot at the screen while I am watching it. I love when parents do these things for their children as it really does stick with you for the rest of your life.

When my brother and I were much, much younger our mom and dad would always do something similar at Christmas. We always had one big gift that would be hidden somewhere in or near the house. We each got note cards with different clues (in rhyming fashion) that would lead us to our "treasure". I am 36 now and I still smile to myself every time I think about it. Money can't buy memories like that.

S&F for the share.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
they could have used the window XD

CX

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thanks you for posting this, loved it.

It's so much fun getting kids involved in adventures like that. Reminds me of when the fairies moved into our house during the night when the kids were asleep.....

CX.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
Dear Lord... How many doorknobs did they own???!

I loved it. This is one of those videos where I catch myself smiling like an idiot at the screen while I am watching it. I love when parents do these things for their children as it really does stick with you for the rest of your life.

When my brother and I were much, much younger our mom and dad would always do something similar at Christmas. We always had one big gift that would be hidden somewhere in or near the house. We each got note cards with different clues (in rhyming fashion) that would lead us to our "treasure". I am 36 now and I still smile to myself every time I think about it. Money can't buy memories like that.

S&F for the share.

Yep, just this year I helped my daughter set up the clues for my grandson to find THE BIG ONE. We also set him up with a note to santa. He left it by the chimney hoping the elves would find it and deliver it to santa, the look on his face when he discovered it was gone was priceless (he's four). Children are such fun, I find it hard to imagine how people can be so cruel to them.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is so awesome! She will carry this memory with her the rest of her life. Great dad!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

What a great idea and you're right, she will remember that little adventure the rest of her life. Great dad. I didn't do anything that involved, I just dressed up as Santa one year to fill the kids stockings and inadvertently bump into their beds. They woke up but tried to keep their eyes closed while I was fumbling around with candies and small toys for their stockings. I still get this mentioned to me every Christmas and it was 20 years ago. Little things that show you care can last a lifetime.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

join