It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A university janitor's secret project.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
www.viralnova.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Over 30 years ago, a man spent 7 years hand-drawing the most complex, unbelievable and probably unsolvable maze I’ve ever seen. His daughter recently posted the following photos on Twitter and, needless to say, the entire Internet is exploding with questions about her dad.

So who is the man behind it? A professor? A mathematician? A wizard? No, no, and no. The correct answer is… the university janitor.

Art connoisseurs are going crazy over this, both for its artistic brilliance and its impossibility to solve. To think a university janitor was behind this shows that we should never judge anyone by their occupation or position in life. This is awesome work.

To date, no additional information has been shared about the maze or the man behind it. But it’s without a doubt one of the most humble, remarkable creations I’ve ever seen.

I thought I'd go ahead and share this to you all. I've never seen anything quite like that before. It's pretty incredible to say the least. All of that time and energy spent on making these. Plus they would probably be considered the hardest (or at least one of) the hardest mazes out there to solve. I wonder how long it would take the average person to solve that....If ever...

Talk about a real good will hunting story.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

Gosh, just imagine how long it would take to solve that maze...

After you..

Thanks for sharing, but I think I'll skip this one, and stick to a tad bit simpler ones.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Rainbowresidue

Gosh, just imagine how long it would take to solve that maze...

After you..

Thanks for sharing, but I think I'll skip this one, and stick to a tad bit simpler ones.

Yeah I think I'll pass on that. I think my mind would implode.

But from what I see they are actually selling duplicates to the public. In case any of you brainiacs out there think you have what it takes.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Good lord me and my boys would have a good deal of fun trying to figure this out...that's insane!
Maybe it's easier than it looks...
edit on 16-1-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

WOW..just...wow. What a story! Somehow, it's just as intriguing as it is interesting!

SnF to the OP!

Cheers

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Good...Will...Hunting....That is aMAZEing - seems the most appropriate words here.

That is next-level mensa/savant stuff.....

S&F - just awesome.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It was "mehhh" until 3rd picture...wow! and pics after that, the thickness, the size...
I think I'll quit before I start.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Iam sure my old D&D dungeon master used that map a few times.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Amazing. I can't even wrap my head around how much time and patience it took. Maybe this was a great source of release for him, like a stress-reliever? He would do well to have prints made of this. I would love to have a copy framed for my office. S&F for the post!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

jtrenthacker
Amazing. I can't even wrap my head around how much time and patience it took. Maybe this was a great source of release for him, like a stress-reliever? He would do well to have prints made of this. I would love to have a copy framed for my office. S&F for the post!

They are making copies.

Here's a link too it. I came across this site selling it while I was looking at the huffington post article I posted in the OP.

shop.spoon-tamago.com...

If you indeed want one there it is. Enjoy~

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Awesome. I didn't have time to read the link yet. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The Janitor is the keeper of the secrets. Mabey he was from Outer space. Looks look a astro navigation test, solve this maze and you have the ability to navigate the cosmos.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
ALL HAIL OCD!

I am now not a freak...

Well..a little less so at least.

Prace

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

The Janitor is the keeper of the secrets. Mabey he was from Outer space. Looks look a astro navigation test, solve this maze and you have the ability to navigate the cosmos.

LOL! Made me think of all of those horror shows where the school janitor is some nefarious genius character. LOL! That.. or he is actually one of the midgets.. erm.. little people off of Time Bandits.

Now, I have a little talent. I usually can look at a maze and just KNOW the solution and draw it out. Ive been able to do it with no effort.. discovered it in high school. I thought I was the poo 'cause Im awesome like that.... well, until THIS thread.
All joking aside.. that is PHENOMENAL. I mean, making a complex maze is actually VERY difficult. This thing that he has done is AMAZING. I hope they make it a book of some sort and sell it. If you dont see me around for a while after they publish it, that means I bought a copy. LOL!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
it doesnt suprise me, movies have taught me that janitors are either serial killers or idiot savants.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I suspect he was a mystic philosopher and it may represent the maze of the mind, it may indeed be an expression of his observation of the many minds that passed him by in his CHOSEN profession which he probably took so as to watch them while absorbing the energy around him. interesting, it look's almost like a mandala of sorts but without the symetry.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ooooo, thank you. Now I know what I'm requesting for my birthday (if I can make it that long lol--I'm twitching now!). Love mazes and this one is amazing. Awesome stuff, LIngweenie.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Hehe yeah... by my quick estimation, those first two pics are both less than 1/100 or 1% of the whole piece...and actually probably closer to 1/150 or 1/200 at least for the first one. The second one seems to cover more area than the 1st one, which is at quite an angle, so my estimations are not very accurate, but I'm probably underestimating the scope of the work if anything. Id like to see a large image to zoom in and play around with it. You don't ever have to solve it... I find it can be therapeutic to just pick a random spot and follow it wherever your heart desires, or wherever it takes you. Just to take it in as you would any piece of profound artwork.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I don't know the man who did this, but he could be a savant. He is so much of a genius in one part of his mind that in others he could appear to be mentally challenged. This might be why he is working as a janitor. People just are unaware of his talent because of what they see on the surface.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Great thread, OP. I am fascinated by this.

This was originally posted last year and the article claimed that it was a japanese guard. I'm curious as to why the stories are reported differently.

Check this out: www.digitallifeplus.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join