It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohh Im pissed.. and I also need your help :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I got an email about my favorite and most trusted butcher shop is no longer taking order and will be OUT OF BUSINESS. Ugh. It really sucks because they had damned good prices and were awesome people to do business with. Theyd do whole, half, or just pick and choose. They even would let me buy bones and cheeks and hump pieces if I asked. **sobs**

If any of you order your grass fed, no hormone, blah blah beef, bison, and etc from an online place with overnight shipping.. and great prices.. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I Used to go to a place a state over... a bison farm.. and they went belly up last year. Im REALLY getting tired of this. Good smaller businesses who raise meats with compassion and with ethics going out of business. **shakes fist**

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sure where you live, but what about any farmers around? That is actually how I buy mine. I pay for the calf, pay for my portion of the feed when he goes and gets it, then just the butcher fee when he takes it in. That way, no big expense all at once.

Other than that, I can't help, because I haven't bought meat anywhere else in a long time. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

See if this link helps.

www.eatwild.com...

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

chiefsmom
Well, I'm not sure where you live, but what about any farmers around? That is actually how I buy mine. I pay for the calf, pay for my portion of the feed when he goes and gets it, then just the butcher fee when he takes it in. That way, no big expense all at once.

Other than that, I can't help, because I haven't bought meat anywhere else in a long time. Sorry.

Yeah, I was going a state over to find it because Im in illinois.. the land of regulations and micromanaging. WHen that place shut down I found one online.. and now thats gone.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

beezzer

See if this link helps.

www.eatwild.com...

Good luck!

Holy cow!! ( pun intended) THANKS Beez... I guess if one is to be found its there.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wow, that's great. Turns out there is one right in my little town. Will be good to have a backup.
Thank you Bunny Man!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by beezzer

Wow, that's great. Turns out there is one right in my little town. Will be good to have a backup.
Thank you Bunny Man!!!!

VERY cool!
I dont have one anywhere near to me in Illinois.. dang it. Its hard to find one that will mail order even on that list.. but Im still looking!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good luck! There's a map of the US so anyone can look, and many do mail orders as well.

(dang, now I'm hungry!)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a smart rancher knows that organic cheaper to raise, and gets a better price overall. All the local stock are organic, or the ones that aren't affiliated with corporate outfits anyway.

I buy most of my stuff from HEB. But if i don't mind making two stops, we have a place here in town that does cattle auctions, and has a meat market associated with it. Best t-bones, and amazing bacon (cut to your specifications....i am sometimes bad and get 1/2 inch slices on a half belly).

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Lol, nice avatar. I had to double take there for a second to be sure it wasn't a real ad!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

parad0x122

Lol, nice avatar. I had to double take there for a second to be sure it wasn't a real ad!

Yeah, it has tons more sex appeal than Miley, huh?

I think it's great that we're still able to by grass fed beef in the US, but wonder how much longer this will be possible...

People think I'm crazy, but I can't stand the taste of hormone - laced store bought meat. I CAN taste a difference!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

nugget1

parad0x122

Yeah, it has tons more sex appeal than Miley, huh?

I think it's great that we're still able to by grass fed beef in the US, but wonder how much longer this will be possible...

People think I'm crazy, but I can't stand the taste of hormone - laced store bought meat. I CAN taste a difference!

He's a sexy primate and he knows it! LOL!

I absolutely can taste a difference. Since Im the head chef of the house, I can SMELL a difference. I have an overly sensitive sniffer anyway, but I can smell it... and I dont want to eat it.

As far as the grass fed beef.. I dont know. Im noticing a lot of mom and pop ranches are going under or regulated to death. They WONT sell to you on the side.. its ILLEGAL to do so here. Ugh... and a lot of the "fda approved" organic farms want nearly 5 bucks butcher by the Lb and 7-8 bucks per lb of meat .. HANGING PRICE when you buy by the quarter or half!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Hey Advantage - Grassfed girl right here

Sorry about Illinois and your farm going under
Really wish I could stop that from happening. EatWild is awesome, I think I found more.

FarmMatch www.farmmatch.com...
Let's you put Yourself on the map so that they can find you.

homegrowncow.com...
is another grassfed resource that ships.

backyardbarter.org...
Might help you find local peeps

Here are more maps you can check

www.naturalblaze.com...

top topics

join