It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECETI's James Gilliland on UFO Fakers and More Predictions for 2014 (Part 2)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Lets get a conversation going on here. Who thinks Aliens work with the US (or any other) Government? I do but I want to see some proof / declassified paperwork that people probably ignored.

Blue book is a start

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Being open minded, I would say that this could be possible. Most of us are aware that President Eisenhower has been mentioned time and time again as having had meetings with aliens back in the early 1950's, and its possible he was not the only President who has. This is mentioned repeatedly in ufo books/info I have read.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by redmoon1

there IS NO critical thinking here on this board, it's either 'all aliens' or 'everybody is lying, dismiss everything' ...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

I agree, maybe both views are correct, there could be aliens out there but none of them are visiting earth.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Notheycant
Lets get a conversation going on here. Who thinks Aliens work with the US (or any other) Government? I do but I want to see some proof / declassified paperwork that people probably ignored.

Blue book is a start

I wouldn't say there is any kind of cooperation going on. My reading of the materials suggests that the government has been interesting in getting in touch with the 'others' but there is not much on if they had any success doing so. If UFO's do represent a non-human intelligence, then it would appear that we have to play by their rules. I can't think of anything we could do to coerce cooperation on their behalf - at least in the near-term.

The big mystery here is what data TPTB have that we are not privy to. Maybe they have some physical artefacts, maybe its all on paper. I dunno - however there are some indications that there is some good stuff they have their hands on that could be used to settle the debate once and for all.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Great interview. I enjoyed this very much. From the questions, to the animations, and added video, everything was on point.

That first question kind of blind sided him, very nice. Then he wen't for the bait and called out M. Horn (who I personally do not care for), but I wonder when it hit him that what he was saying about Horn he could have basically been talking about himself and the whole ECETI program and their tactics and such. Brilliantly done.

the audio on his end was annoying a little but the interview was so good I didn't even care. Great job man.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by ImpactoR

I agree, maybe both views are correct, there could be aliens out there but none of them are visiting earth.

This is basically my view, though I do look for evidence that I am wrong and that at least a rare case or two may be it. So far no evidence rises to the level of good proof.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

redmoon1
reply to post by JadeStar

No, I personally didn't see anything during the day. There is NO way these were RC models. What they did resemble were moving stars across the sky because they were so far up, but stars don't move like that, nor do they do a bright flash like a couple of these did.

You just described how satellites appear to people not familiar with them.

My wife was also an unbeliever and she saw them. There were 100-200 people out there and everyone saw them, but not the exact same ones because the people weren't always looking in the same part of the sky.

They wouldn't need to, the Earth is surrounded by all sorts of satellites. One can view many on a dark night far away from city lights in just about every part of the sky.

My wife saw one that flashed and by the time I turned my head to look in that direction, it was gone. And a few that I saw, she didn't see.

Sounds like you saw Iridium flares which are commonly thought to be UFOs by people not familiar with them. (More on them later)

If you are skeptical,

Yes, I am skeptical. Any intelligent person is with regards to this subject.

you can go to the ranch and camp there for $10-$20 or so.

I don't need to. I was born and raised not far from there near Chehalis, WA and I know what you saw given your description - Iridium flares and/or SeaSat:

One of the videos from Gilliland which was included in the video in the original post of this thread shows two objects which are supposed to be "UFOs" seen on a green night vision camera.

In reality these UFOs are two Iridium satellites:

Here is your "UFO":

The "power up" or flare is a result of the sun reflecting off of it's Main Mission Antenna (shown below).

The flares/glints can now be predicted. A fully operational Iridium satellite maintains its axial and longitudinal position to within very close tolerances. Knowing the satellite's position, its orientation, the relative Sun angle to the satellite, the reflective properties of a mirror and the observers position on Earth, a program can calculate the projected specular reflection of the Sun from the Main Mission Antennas to an observer.

See: www.heavens-above.com...

Gilliand uses this as a dupe for people who have no idea which unfortunately was you and your wife as well as others who are not familiar with the night sky.

This is why James Gilliand can take you out to view them at will. He looks at some satellite tracking software and takes people not familiar with the night sky out there at opportune times to have a 'UFO' sighting.

BTW: I operate a meteor camera and have many of the objects you think are UFOs on it. They have all been tracked using the "UFO Capture/UFO Orbit" software and their orbits all line up with known satellites.

I have spent more time out in that neck of the woods looking at the night sky than many people, including James himself. I'm an amateur astronomer, astronomy and astrobiology student and I'd be more than happy to help you identify your UFO and give you a time you can go have another such sighting.

If I am home at my parents I'll even accompany you and your wife to the ranch.

I won't even charge you $10-20 either.

I deny ignorance for free.

I'm just sharing my first hand experience. Whatever anyone thinks of what I have shared doesn't really matter.

Does truth matter?

That's if you want to know the truth. If you just want to believe they are alien in the face of hard evidence to the contrary I can't help you. Nobody can.

Science requires proof and it's hard to argue with a religion.
edit on 17-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Notheycant
Hi Guys,

"Heil Homeland Security!" So glad you enjoyed our TSA parody last week, and thank you for making it Don't Tread on Media's most shared and liked video yet! This week we dive deeper into the mind of ECETI's James Gilliland for our final interview segment with him, getting into the more controversial territory of who in the UFO community is in it for the money, the dangers of the new age "evil is just an illusion" approach to ET contact, people who utilize substance abuse in attempt to communicate with extraterrestrial beings, and what's become of the power elite (or the "powers that were" as James nicknames them in the interview) on Planet Earth today.

James also shares the stories behind some of the photographs and footage taken at the ECETI Ranch (also featured in the video)--I've still never experienced any of these things firsthand, what do you guys think about the legitimacy of his UFO and alien evidence?

Looking forward to another ATS discussion, the conversations on this site make what we do worth doing!

Bye TV,

Josh LeCash

PS - In the last James interview a few of you asked about the animation with both negative and positive remarks. We want to be very clear that we are not making fun of the subject matter in any way, we just like to keep our interviews visually engaging with our often bizarre sense of humor. Let us know what you think of it in the replies so we can decide if we'd rather use more or less of it in future

segments!

The guy is a loon.....

We're supposed to believe people became transparent......

Bad photoshopping OR they need a better camera

When I was very young and didn't know how to use a camera I remember taking a shot of our cat that turned out similar to this.

Blurry cat photo that should have been erased from camera

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You know, I was thinking about the "UFO Fakers" recently, and I sort of came to this conclusion: Fakers, like fool's gold, has helped to generate many of today's believers. The problem exists that sometimes, the fakes are better than the real, which leads to a great confusion. Then, I realized that I don't really care. To each his own.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i say in 2014 its time to forget about aliens, cause most likely they don't exist. its almost like waiting for jesus to come back

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Absolutely excellent post. Thank you for putting the time and effort into it.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've had some really weird experiences in my life. I was abducted by a cross dresser and left in the woods during a blizzard to die when I was about 4 years old. I can still remember looking up from the hole he had placed me in at the officers. After that I began talking to the couple who died in our house and knew their names. They would tell me to pee on the wall because they didn't like my stepfather and it drove him crazy. Once we moved it stopped. Then as I grew older I kind of forgot about it until we moved into a new house in my teenage years. About three years after living in the house I walked by a small tin object about twice the size of a stamp. I picked it up and the image was myself in a civil war uniform. When I showed my parents the picture they took it from me and wouldn't talk about it. I then began hearing footsteps in the hallway, and anytime that I went alone towards the bathroom I could feel something rushing me from behind. The people behind us had killed the paper girl as well and never went to prison. More recently they did go to prison for killing others including a police officer. Strange creepy people would show up at the house years after we bought it until the day I finally moved out on my own, and ask for the ladies daughter that once lived there. She was also friends with them, so they had been in this house. I felt something about the house was connected to this entity which refused to reveal itself or speak with me, and so I got it in my head to pull back this board in the basement. It revealed a crawlspace full of liquor bottles and a few nudie mags. For some odd reason somebody had been in this area under the house having some type of party at some point on several occasions. So fast forward a few months. I was now living with my father so I'm watching my stepmothers grandchildren often while she runs errands. I'm playing a game in my room with the door closed and she says to me I'm leaving I'll be back later. I can still hear the kids as she drives off playing. Once she is gone they start banging their head on my door. This isn't unheard of they often want to take over my game console. Getting in my room was the place to be I had all the games. So they keep banging and banging, then BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG. They are shaking the whole house now that they are beating my door so hard. I open the door nobody is there. I look around and realize that she had taken them with her. I run outside of the house for a minute to gather my composure. Everything calms down. The night goes on I fall asleep. I'm back at the spiral staircase from my childhood nightmare with missing steps that I can't leap. I never had the nerve and would wake up in a cold sweat. I make the leap this time I've not had this dream since a child. I realize I'm in a dream and I feel someone hovering over my body. I open my eyes, and even though I'm clutching my blanket in my hands whatever it is rips the sheet out of my hands and off of the bed completely. I know now that I'm dealing with a real entity and shut my mouth. I don't mention this to my family. Finally my stepmother passes and my dad lives there alone. One day I inquire with him if he hears footsteps outside his door at night, someone in boots pacing through the hallway. He says to me... yes how do you know that? I ask him if it checks his door, and he concurs that it does. It often jiggles the door handle and he believed it was his wife checking on him. I explain that this has been happening since we moved in and it is not her. He turns pale white so I ask him about the tin picture. I'm finally told that a full size painting of that picture was in our landlords house on the other side of the double they used to live in... and that when I showed it to them baring my likeness they took it from me and decided not to say anything. This is the man pacing that house. That person that ghost is me telling me that I need to get off of my ass and go do something with my life. I believe those footsteps to be my own, and that I knew how evil those neighbors were in my afterlife. It was warning me to gtfo of that house, and I did. Anyways, I've seen the greys as well in traveling zoned out of my mind. They are watching and judging us. Everything here is a test, and I already know that I have failed. I can tell you that the evil we do is connected to our sex drive, and although you may believe that it is the most beautiful thing... it is also extremely evil and basically over rides your desires. I hope you don't go where I am going to be trapped in an eternity of pacing. Don't assume that what you do for a living is ok just because you get a paycheck. You're not alleviated in any way from the choices that you make because you need a paycheck. Peace to all.
edit on 18-1-2014 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ezwip

Super interesting / crazy you experienced all that. Do you still have that picture???

-

Josh

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

ShaeTheShaman
i say in 2014 its time to forget about aliens, cause most likely they don't exist. its almost like waiting for jesus to come back

In 2014 we have more reason than ever to suspect that aliens probably do exist.

At least 40 billion habitable planets in our Milky Way galaxy alone but we're the only intelligent life? That would be more incredible to believe than a populated galaxy.

People need to separate the idea of aliens from the bunk that the study of UFOs has become in 2014. They are two quite different things. The search for aliens is hotter and more scientific than ever. The search for UFOs? Not so much.

What we don't have is any credible evidence that aliens are now or have ever visited the Earth nor do we have any organization with the expertise and interest in examining the tiny (fraction of 1%) of UFO sightings which remain both highly credible and highly strange.

Rigorous scientific investigation pretty much has died in UFOlogy in 2014, in favor of new age spiritualism and para-everything.

UFOlogy should never have become a religion. At one time it was a fringe science. Now it's not even that.

So I don't blame anyone for walking away from the UFO subject. There's too much noise in the form of hoaxes (crop circles), New Age gurus (Sitchin, Meir, Gililand, Giorgio witht he funny hair on the History Channel), snakeoil salesmen (Dr. Leir), out right deceivers (Richard Doty), kooks (too many to mention whose every dream or weird experience is due to "aliens") that the field is pretty much unsalvageable without a drastic 'purge'.

But the scientific search for aliens out there in the universe is highly credible and soon our ability to detect the aliens in our galaxy (if they exists) grows daily with each new discovery in the related worlds of exoplanets, astrobiology and astronomy in general.
edit on 18-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Springer

Absolutely excellent post. Thank you for putting the time and effort into it.

Your welcome! Keep the videos coming and I will keep the quality posts coming

Gililand is taking in about $2000-4000 a night by charging people $10-20 to see something they could see for free (but without Gililand dressing common satellites and atmospheric phenomena up as spiritual UFOs and dust particles caught on camera as "Orbs" and "Energy Beings").

So not only do people get feed a lot of nonsense by him, they pay him handsomely to mislead them. It's sad.

I'd be up for someone doing a sort of "sting operation" on him to expose him by going to his ranch with the full knowledge of what they are seeing and with satellite tracking software as well as a live flight tracker so we can see after the fact just how many satellites and high altitude airplanes he pawns off on people as UFOs.
edit on 18-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My opinion on ufo's, and I got this from a book I am readying about abductions: " the absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence." Think about that for a minute............

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

What you're describing is EXACTLY what a satellite would look like and do.
They look like a moving star, and then, when the solar panels hit the sunlight (still shining at their altitude) they FLASH!, and then, quite suddenly, as the satellite falls into the Earth's Shadow, it "disappears".
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I'm sorry however, utter guff such as this has to be picked up on and shown for the pseudo science it is. The vast majority of satellites have a magnitude of +5 or greater meaning, they are on the very edge of visibility to many people, even under almost perfect viewing conditions. As someone who has studied astronomy and the night skies for over 40 years the idea that, on any given nigh, one can see satellites performing what you claim they do is utter and arrant nonsense. Sadly, i's just typical of the pseudo science hat emanates from both sides of the argument particularly from people who have no real experience, save what they have read on the net.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hi Jadestar. Thank you for that detailed response. I understand your position and the videos you showed were similar to what I saw. We stayed there for 3 nights, Fri, Jun 29, 30 & July 1 of 2012. It was the night of July 1 and I saw 10 of these things in that one night within a 1-2 hr period of time (around 9:30-11:30 pm).

There may be lots of satellites orbiting our Earth, but I personally have never seen them before, so I find it unusual that I would see that many within that short period of time on 1 night. So, is it possible that some or all of them were satellites? Perhaps one or more of them were... I'm just saying the truth of what I saw. You mentioned that you can pull up the satellite tracking data and if you can, are you able to show that there were at least 10 visible satellites (probably 15-20 since I didn't see all of them that others saw) on that date in that area? If you can, then great, maybe all of them were satellites.

Maybe other satellite experts can chime in and say whether its normal to see that many in one night? My understanding is that many satellites are not visible.

Truth is important to me. That's why I shared what I saw. My question to you is, "Do you believe that all UFO sightings are faked?" To me, I believe that some are definitely faked, others are mistaken for satellites or other objects, and some are definitely real. So, I'm not going to disagree that satellites have ever been mistaken for UFO's. They probably have... But that's why I'd like to know if you believe there are ANY legitimate UFO sightings out there...

I have met James and I know that he is sincere in what he believes. While sincerity alone doesn't guarantee truthfulness, I have to say that a lot of what he and the other 10 presenters at the conference said made a lot of sense. The conference was about much more than just seeing UFO's. Lots of topics were covered... I saw a lot more evidence than what I have previously mentioned. It seems irrational to me to think that with the billions of other planets out there, there is no intelligent life out there capable of traveling in space craft and could be visiting our planet.

There is nothing wrong with what James is doing. I never got the impression that he was trying to deceive anyone. It sounds like you believe he is, but I don't know you, so how do we know that you are not hired by the govt to try and invalidate any legitimate claims to sightings?

"Do you believe that there are any legitimate UFO sightings?"

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thanks for your input. Interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join