It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECETI's James Gilliland on UFO Fakers and More Predictions for 2014 (Part 2)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

"Heil Homeland Security!" So glad you enjoyed our TSA parody last week, and thank you for making it Don't Tread on Media's most shared and liked video yet! This week we dive deeper into the mind of ECETI's James Gilliland for our final interview segment with him, getting into the more controversial territory of who in the UFO community is in it for the money, the dangers of the new age "evil is just an illusion" approach to ET contact, people who utilize substance abuse in attempt to communicate with extraterrestrial beings, and what's become of the power elite (or the "powers that were" as James nicknames them in the interview) on Planet Earth today.

James also shares the stories behind some of the photographs and footage taken at the ECETI Ranch (also featured in the video)--I've still never experienced any of these things firsthand, what do you guys think about the legitimacy of his UFO and alien evidence?

Looking forward to another ATS discussion, the conversations on this site make what we do worth doing!

Bye TV,

Josh LeCash

PS - In the last James interview a few of you asked about the animation with both negative and positive remarks. We want to be very clear that we are not making fun of the subject matter in any way, we just like to keep our interviews visually engaging with our often bizarre sense of humor. Let us know what you think of it in the replies so we can decide if we'd rather use more or less of it in future

segments!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

James also shares the stories behind some of the photographs and footage taken at the ECETI Ranch (also featured in the video)--I've still never experienced any of these things firsthand, what do you guys think about the legitimacy of his UFO and alien evidence?

Nice interview J, you asked all the right questions there.

I think the long pause after the first question speaks volumes

Im not against the idea of the existence of aliens but to my mind the ECETI ranch is just a money making venture and is about as far from serious UFOlogy as you can get. All these new age contact groups claim to be 'the one', to have the answer to personal development that will ultimately lead to you meeting aliens..at a cash dollar price. Of course when you pay and dont see the aliens then its just your fault , you are not ready and need to spend more money to 'get there'.

A total scam in my book.

The animation at 4:00 you have credited to 'plants of the gods' is actually a sequence from the film 'blueberry' from 2004

edit on 16-1-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Oh man thank you for pointing out the correct film to credit for the psychedelic sequence! We can't change it in the video but we're going to put a little correction in the description. The original spot we got it from did not credit the source correctly.

Thanks again!

-

Josh / Team DTOMedia

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

I think PhoenixOD said it quite well.

As far as ECETI goes; I've always been impressed that they're in the business of selling Satellite sightings enhanced by Night Vision, as detailed in the short bit of green tinged video showing satellite flares, while pushing anything and everything sitting on the modern UFO mythology table on anyone willing eager and desperately gullible enough to grab it all by the hands full.

In just that short clip alone, about the only thing he left out was Bashar Channelling, almost as if, "Hey, if it's on the internet, it must be true".

If P.T. Barnum were alive today ...

Thanks for the fun footage. Well done.
It was quite amusing.

edit on 1/16/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Good interview Josh. I loved the imaginary handshake!

Oh what do I think?
To be honest his claims are hard to believe and he's no different than the ones he bashes that he says bash him. Even if he really is communicating with deities, he has no proof of their origin and intent, only suppositions. He could very well have dillusions of grandeur. The part about the birthday fly over of UfO's was a bit of a red flag for that. To me.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Your graphics were much better this time and it was much appreciated. I also think you asked him some brilliant questions.
Thanks for tossing in the Billy Meier footage.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

I really enjoyed this. The animations, good questions and an overall pretty entertaining interview!

I find it funny that it's the Aliens/UFO Board that originally attracted me to ATS and it now seems, a few years later, that this field is getting worse by the day. The old guard of snake oil salesmen are still around but in the last few years, a few more nutcases have started to milk the crowds. Paul Hellyer comes to mind, vomitting all he's reading and hearing as truths...

and then this guy...I mean...Mother Mary on the Gilliland Ranch?? Really? I mean...Really???

Pseudo New Age Alien Visitation Paranormal HooHaa...

Pure Nonsense. But an excellent interview. Keep it up Josh & Crew !!! You've got fans !!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Perfectly said violet. Perfectly said...

m...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
-NoTheyCant- if you remember from Pt.1 of the James Gilliland video the face you made at the end of the segment. Your utterly blank confused stare haha, yeah that's how I felt too and STILL feel after Pt. 2. I know deep within my heart there are things happening beyond human control and human consciousness (for most). The most painful part is the fact that the majority of my family/friends and overall random citizens I cross paths with at work or anywhere else in my life genuinely can not fathom such ideas and seem so dumbed down and docile they get upset towards me for even mentioning such ideas like the ones being expressed in your videos. .. (Pink Floyd's - "Welcome To The Machine" comes to mind whenever I find myself feeling hopelessly alone in such thoughts of life and who I really am.

Your editing and animation it right in line. Right where it should be for serious important topics. While maintaining a personable and inviting atmosphere with mild humor

To be quite bold about all of the above... I'm going to say something I feel is very important to anyone taking the time to read my post.

I practice a Self-Realization exercise that was brought to the western world by a beautiful soul his name is Paramahansa Yogananda. Through his Scientific healing affirmations and Kriya Yoga. I have attained a much better quality of life, I feel energized and healthy. All the cells of my body are illuminated with the eternal light of God. My point being you can NOT rely on Doctors and Hospitals to heal you. You can NOT rely on pharmaceuticals and lab made medicines to heal you. The only thing you can rely on is Yourself. Everything else is a last resort. Find your way to God, however you get there is irrelevant. The rewards are limitless and you rise above the toxic industry's that you use to think were your only option.

edit on 16-1-2014 by DieSektor because: Fix misspelling

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
20 yrs in news and entertainment and I continue to be impressed with how much you guys do on a shoestring budget. (Small caveat: body-pack mic.)

I happen to LOVE the graphics myself, and think they help move the interview along. Josh is also a very talented & engaging host imho, and I'm guessing--betting even--that we'll see him on national tv before long.

Gilliland: Plenty of satellites, sure. Plenty of rhetoric, too. As I've mentioned before, however, that area has a looooong history of UAPs. Maybe something along the lines of earthlights, but certainly something going on up that way whether James would know the difference or not. Gilliland and Greer would make a hee-larious reality program, wouldn't it?!

One of my favorite additions to ATS. Keep up the great work. Gonna u2u y'all an idea or two that I'd like to see.

edit on 16-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Wow thank you for the positive feedback! Look forward to hearing your ideas.

-

JOSH

ps

We're gonna get another piece of equipment to help with the sound. (money is tight)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well done Josh.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I appreciate Above Top Secret for: Exposing the truth about charlatans and scams like the ECETI ranch. It is Denying Ignorance at its finest.

edit on 17-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I went to a conference at Eceti in June of 2012. I was there with my wife and we stayed 3 nights. I met James Gilliland personally as well as many other speakers who were at the event. We camped out in that big open area on his property. Each night, people came out for the skywatch and the first 2 nights, no one saw anything. On the 3rd night, we did. I saw 10 that night. This was my first experience ever seeing UFO's. Of course, we could see the airplanes as well. These were not planes nor satellites. They were small lights moving across the sky in many different directions and a few of them powered up with a bright light.

Having met James, I can say that he is sincere, honest and is an amazing person. Just because he says things that may be hard for the average person to grasp or understand doesn't mean that those things are not true. We had a wonderful time at that conference. The area and property were gorgeous and the people were friendly.

If you ever get a chance to go, don't think twice. The Yaks were pretty awesome too...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

redmoon1
I went to a conference at Eceti in June of 2012. I was there with my wife and we stayed 3 nights. I met James Gilliland personally as well as many other speakers who were at the event. We camped out in that big open area on his property. Each night, people came out for the skywatch and the first 2 nights, no one saw anything. On the 3rd night, we did. I saw 10 that night. This was my first experience ever seeing UFO's. Of course, we could see the airplanes as well. These were not planes nor satellites. They were small lights moving across the sky in many different directions and a few of them powered up with a bright light.

And you're sure these were not RC models?

Did you see anything during the day?

Having met James, I can say that he is sincere, honest and is an amazing person. Just because he says things that may be hard for the average person to grasp or understand doesn't mean that those things are not true.

Posting a picture of a red balloon on his site as a "Red disc shaped UFO near Mt. Hood" seems a bit dishonest. But if you have a need to believe I understand that. I just don't think one should suspend rationality in favor of psuedo religious needs to believe in the most outrageous explanations for things they may see which they do not understand especially when a more plausible explanation exists.

This goes double if you're being charged money based on your need to believe. One should tread very carefully.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by redmoon1

Having met James, I can say that he is sincere, honest and is an amazing person. Just because he says things that may be hard for the average person to grasp or understand doesn't mean that those things are not true.

Average person? I guess we have to buy some of ECETI's products or pay for time at the ranch to become 'better then average'

If losing all powers of critical thinking is how you become better than average then i think i will pass.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Great stuff JLC.

I now look forward to the notification of next video is up

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

No, I personally didn't see anything during the day. There is NO way these were RC models. What they did resemble were moving stars across the sky because they were so far up, but stars don't move like that, nor do they do a bright flash like a couple of these did. My wife was also an unbeliever and she saw them. There were 100-200 people out there and everyone saw them, but not the exact same ones because the people weren't always looking in the same part of the sky. My wife saw one that flashed and by the time I turned my head to look in that direction, it was gone. And a few that I saw, she didn't see. If you are skeptical, you can go to the ranch and camp there for $10-$20 or so. I'm just sharing my first hand experience. Whatever anyone thinks of what I have shared doesn't really matter.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by redmoon1

What you're describing is EXACTLY what a satellite would look like and do.
They look like a moving star, and then, when the solar panels hit the sunlight (still shining at their altitude) they FLASH!, and then, quite suddenly, as the satellite falls into the Earth's Shadow, it "disappears".

Of course, anyone selling you a ticket to go watch *cough* UFOs, will probably tell you that the satell ... oops, UFOs are signalling you, and that instead of falling into Earth's shadow, they're Cloaking.

They might even hand out laser pointers, or encourage a person to bring their own to "signal" back, or "vector in" the UFOs.

In reality, they're Satellites.
They're all over the sky.
You can even track them with a number of websites to predict which ones will be doing flyovers in your area, from what direction, what time, and for how long.

Oh, here's a video of some satellites. Start viewing around 1:00

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I think its great to have critical thinkers and not rely solely on one person's account. At the same time, I think we should critically examine the ideas & policies that the govt, mainstream media & other institutions push. If an idea that is believed by the majority of the population is not true, would you be able to recognize it despite the majority thinking the opposite? So, I agree with you about the importance of critical thinking, but let's be critical on both ends of the spectrum.

Maybe "average person" was not the best way to describe it. What I was referring to were the majority of people who believe that UFO's do not exist. I don't actually know the statistics of how many believe and how many don't believe. I'm assuming that the majority don't believe it.

Check out James' website. There are tons of pictures of things they see at the ranch. Just because a guy hosts conferences at his ranch doesn't make him a charlatan. I knew about the site. It looked interesting to me, so I drove there when they had one of their conferences. I'm glad I did.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join