It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT-Fish Testing 124 times over radiation limit...Where's the report?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Russia Today recently published an article stating the Japanese Fisheries Research Agency has tested and confirmed fish species black sea bream to be positive for high levels of radiation.

Where is JFRA's report? No link on RT's article.

Googling "Japan Fisheries Research Agency black sea bream" comes up empty handed with links to a rehash of RT's article.

JFRA's website is outdated...last press release was in 2011.

RT's article also mentions scientist Chris Busby who has a questionable Wikipedia, and also is in the business for anti-radiation pills.

I've done a lot of research on Fukushima and yes a cause of high concern but at this point nothing to panic about, but to of course continue close monitoring and testing.

What do you think of this article's credibility??

rt.com...

www.fra.affrc.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Chris Busby who has a questionable Wikipedia

Who doesn't...

and also is in the business for anti-radiation pills

Now THAT's noteworthy...to say the least...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

MadHatter364

Chris Busby who has a questionable Wikipedia

Who doesn't...

and also is in the business for anti-radiation pills

Now THAT's noteworthy...to say the least...

One would think that if he is in business for anti radiation pills that he would be promoting fish are contaminated and start urging public to ingest these pills.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Yes obviously.... I'm more curious on the claim about of the black sea bream, where the only source is the claim from the RT article...

The article has two red flags imo...

Thank you for the replies..

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If it were only sketchy Radaway Pill salesmen who were reporting high radiation linked to Fukushima that would be less alarming. Of course, it isn't. I see no reason to doubt this story.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Deny Ignorance my friend... there is NO proof of highly radioactive black sea bream other than the sentence in the RT article.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I found another article from The Asahi Shimbun. There's so many unknowns listed in the article I'm still calling baloney.

ajw.asahi.com...

As you can see in the pic (if it's real) they are not wearing any unusual radioactive protective gear.

My concerns are: Statement made on 1/10/14 (where is the statement, my op question)

Fished from October to November 17th...why so long for the news (without official statement) to be released. Caption in the picture states photo is from September.

"Two other fish" exceed radiation levels. No mention of what species they are.

The 34 remaining fish tested with safety limits.

Why state 37 fish, and not 37 different species of fish? Or did they only catch 37 fish?

Is the radiation flowing inland?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
@ Op,

you need to look in the Japanese Version, we speak Japanese here
and English Translations are rare and only a Present:

・(独)水産総合研究センターでは、福島県水産試験場と連携し、他の多くの海産魚種と比べて放射性セシウム 濃度低下が遅いクロダイについて、その原因を研究してきました。
・2013 年11 月17 日にいわき市四倉沿岸(仁井田川河口、福島第一原発から直線距離で37km 程南)で採取されたクロダイ(体長445mm、体重1,399g)から、セシウム134 と137 の合計値で12,400Bq/kg の放射性セシウムが検出されました。
・今後、当該クロダイ個体について、放射性セシウムに最も汚染された時期を調べるため、耳石分析を行うこと としています。
・なお、クロダイは、宮城県及び福島県で出荷が制限されているほか、茨城県北部では操業自粛の対象となって おり、これらの海域で漁獲されたクロダイが出荷されることはありません。

FRA Source

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Every death that's occurred and will occur will be blamed on radiation.The truth is corporate greed,this time tepco was why these people died.Also something drastic has to be done to stop the poison that's been spewing into the Pacific before everything dies.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Thank you! It seemed like the English report was translated in the news articles. What do you think of the Japanese report?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I've been wondering why this news is only featured in RT and not any seafood or science website.

Black sea bream is native to Europe and West Africa!

The yellowfin sea bream is native North to Japan.

Japanese black porgy or sea bream is farmed in Japan.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

web-japan.org...

Hmmmmm.....

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It is still relative fresh, published on the 15.01.14
and do not forget that this Fish got caught in a Area where Fishing
for a commercial Purpose is not allowed because of the Hot Spots
on the Seabed!

There is no surprise and no urgency in such a Report for the
People outside of Japan, the Article about the increasing
Radiation because of the Water-Tanks get a priority because
it is a bit scary even when we know that this happen sooner
or later.

It is stupid to keep this Water, they should spend their Energy
for other Things!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

game over man
Russia Today recently published an article stating the Japanese Fisheries Research Agency has tested and confirmed fish species black sea bream to be positive for high levels of radiation.

Where is JFRA's report? No link on RT's article.

Googling "Japan Fisheries Research Agency black sea bream" comes up empty handed with links to a rehash of RT's article.

JFRA's website is outdated...last press release was in 2011.

RT's article also mentions scientist Chris Busby who has a questionable Wikipedia, and also is in the business for anti-radiation pills.

I've done a lot of research on Fukushima and yes a cause of high concern but at this point nothing to panic about, but to of course continue close monitoring and testing.

What do you think of this article's credibility??

rt.com...

www.fra.affrc.go.jp...

I believe that Tepco has actually released numbers on radiation in fish themselves.... I will see if I can find it.

Where's the report??? right here:

www.tepco.co.jp...

edit on R402014-02-10T15:40:57-06:00k402Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R462014-02-10T15:46:16-06:00k462Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

top topics

join