It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Amazing Wood Sculptures!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm still amazed at the skill, artistry and imagination that can be found daily while browsing the internet.

Artist Randall Rosenthal turns blocks of wood into everyday objects. It's a wonderful illusion. Each piece of art is hand carved from one block of wood and then hand painted.

Just look at the detail on some of his work:

And here's part of his process, as found by Reddit:

Here are more examples. Amazing stuff.

Here is a link to his site. (Side Note: He really needs to get somebody to work on his website. It's a mess)
Randall Rosenthal

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Why does he hate the trees?

S&F for something new.

Those ARE AMAZING! I wish I had talent like that. Humans are awesome when they want to be.

Thanks for sharing them and the link. He has quite a skill and quite the imagination!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Well, this artist has found a unique niche. I used to have some of those baseball cards. And some of that money.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Risky art to carry around if a cop pulls you over

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Indigent
Risky art to carry around if a cop pulls you over

Agreed. maybe his next project will be a cardboard box with a couple of keys of blow.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is absolutely amazing.

When I see art like this, I find myself in wonder of the time and patience any of these pieces took to create. Inasmuch, I write music on the side, and I always feel guilty for some reason if I devote a day, or many long hours to composition. However, it goes without saying that solitude and long hours spent in pursuit of perfecting one's art is but a necessary thing to create something wondrous, and this man's art inspires me to put off the errands I should be running today, and reconnect with my creative abilities (though I really need to send a package off to my Mom!).

If we all had a little more free time, most of us would undoubtedly spend it in leisure and recuperation. Then would come a day when we are finally rested and well, and would begin exploring our latent, creative potential. I think the world would be a much more beautiful place when we have had the time to create and share our interpretations of our life experience, and would eventually find that a great deal of our exploration would lend to the creation of things of a functional nature.

For example, those of us not artistically inclined (in the traditional sense) would exert our creative abilities in the pursuit of science, mathematics, carpentry, architecture, or any given area that, in the aggregate, aims to improve the quality of life. It is fundamental, and the basis of my thinking now after having spend many years in the field of political and economic theory that human nature would naturally be inclined toward this direction, if the circumstances were right. This is why I'm a fan of the 20-30 hour work week LOL! Enough ranting, I must get the rosin and fire up my strings.

xox
-kissy

edit on 16-1-2014 by kissy princess because: paragraph formatting

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

Totally agree. I've wanted to learn the guitar for several years. I even bought an acoustic guitar about 5 years ago. However, my wife and I both work full-time with three kids. I barely have time to breathe. Someday....

top topics

join