It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's so hot. Could we have some of that global cooling please?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

Well buddy I don't think the rest of the world be in agreement with you considering the extreme cold weather patterns that seem to be occurring all over America, Europe and the United kingdom right now.

Personally i would love Christmas and New Year to be warm and sunny as opposed to being wet and snowing!

That being said those fires look horrible, i hope the wildlife and indigenous populace recover soon and your temperatures drop somewhat!
edit on 16-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Anyone considered we are being HAARPed ?
The HAARP conspiracy was inspected years ago in Oz and Japan before the earthquake. Check this website below about radar anomaly, its 2010 stuff, old, but HAARP never gets old, just "improved".
HAARP in Oz ?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
today in Adelaide the record failed to be broken. a record I might add that is from the 1930's. so what do you suggest was going on back in the 1930's ?????????????????????????????????.

and this my friends is what none of the global alarmists can explain. back then there was less radiating heat like we get today off concrete, ashphelt etc.

all I can say is lucky you bloody wimps were not around back then. what would you have done with no air conditioning and internet to complain on ????

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
don't get me wrong. I am not having a shot at you for complaining about the heat. where I am we are only hitting 40. last year we had about 3 or 4 days with temps 45 and over. I know what its like. it drives you batty.

best you can do is prepare. if possible get out early and get things done. if you are at work make sure you have everything for dinner etc so once you are finished you can head straight home. small things like that.

don't forget also if you can to leave a couple of bowls of water out the for the birds and wildlife.

the only way I can explain it is.... if you have a few spots ... you have a rash. not the bloody measles. if you have a week of extremely hot weather you have a heatwave....not climate change.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I remember the newyears eve in melbourne in 1989 it was frigging hot.

The 80's and 90's were hot. haven't seen this good of weather since then.

Tasmania needs to cop it more often.

Maybe if they stop cloud seeding we could get more weather like this.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yes it is summer, it only got to 44 deg c in Adelaide today AND when you look at the 24 hour/per half hour temperature, it got to 44 deg for ALL of less than 30 minutes.

That's what people forget...it is Not peak temperature for 24 hours, it reaches a peak for 1/2 hour or so, then reduces.

Yes I remember 1983 very well, I fought fires on that day, yes it was hot for a week. BUT what everybody forgets, is that it RAINED that VERY night and temps dropped 20 deg C in an hour...I know I went to the beach and it was too cold and wet to swim.
The VERY next day I worked in the Adelaide hills at Crafers, yes all the trees were burnt, the street signs were melted, BUT it was FREEZING cold the Very next morning AND Fog covered most of the Hills until around 10-11am.
This is our summer, this always happens. There are NO early or longer heatwaves. In fact for at least the past 10 years, the Summers where I live, have been colder than normal, with the hot weather not really showing until late Feb and March.

Dont you people in Melbourne remember, is was Dec 25th 2006 (Christmas Day)...it SNOWED in Melbourne!!!!! and was freezing cold in Adelaide. A once in 1000 years occurrence.

The weather will always change, as it Always has.

ATM, we are back to our somewhat Normal hot summer (not forgetting a week and 1/2 ago it was low 20s and wet for a week, with overnight mins down to 12 deg)....A couple of normal hot days and you people forget all this, of only a week ago.

Not to mention 6 months ago was the coldest winter we have had for 100 years and it snowed on Mt Loft...but everyone forgets that, and only feels now.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

There's no point in cloud seeding this time of year so it's just the normal weather down here in Tas. Some years we barely have a summer at all and it has been way cooler than average over the last 12 months up till christmas when warmer weather finally got this far south thanks to the more northerly winds as opposed to the mostly southerly winds that have been carrying up cold moist air from Antarctica for our entertainment. At 43 south surrounded by ocean you can't expect a lot of really hot weather and we like it that way
Typically we see maybe 3 or so days a year over 30C, some years there are none.

Tomorrow is forecast to hit 38C but it's just 1 day and still about 4C below the record. Got plenty of cool drinks on hand to deal with it so no problem really as the rest of the next week is tipped to barely get past the mid 20s. Today Melbourne was in the 40s while we struggled to get over 20 here in the deep south

For those afflicted with the Fahrenheit scale our record is 42C = 108F
In the great deserts of the interior north island temps over 50C (120F+) are not uncommon (not for me).

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

I see cloud seeding lots on the northwest coast.

you see the trails then all of a sudden its followed by clouds of rain.

don't think you see it in the south of Tasmania.
edit on 16/1/2014 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here where I live, today we'll be lucky to get above freezing. You can have all of it that you want!! In the summer, we see some seriously hot weather too. I think what's going on has been going on forever. I believe the sun fluctuating is the key to it. Al Gore & friends just want your money. Again, these are just my opinions and mean nothing.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

pheonix358
I am in Adelaide. Where I am it is 45.6C (114F) and that is hot.

I can easily remember these sort of days when I was a kid back in the 60s and 70s. Sure we may break a record today, it may be 1/2 a degree hotter than the last hottest day but so what. This is Australia, it is hot in summer. Seriously a five day stint of above 100F is not unusual. Happens most years.

When I was a kid we didn't have air conditioners. You just sat quietly in front of a fan reading a book and being careful not to let your sweat drip onto the pages. You stayed hydrated.

But, bloody hell it is hot.

P

did you and I go to the same schools?
230pm hometime over 35!!
(:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

you are so right. you will never convince me that this whole thing was not made up by al gore and the bankers to create a new stock exchange in trading carbon credits etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
We are coming into spring I think. No - not this early (spring begins mid March - mid April)...but it has been beautiful out and the foreseeable forecast says these temps will persist. Am in the Montana/Idaho area of N. America - although I'm loving it, If it doesn't turn cold again soon something is wrong. I'm thinking they will but when and how extreme will the shift be. The record high was hit in 1894 at 8 degrees above the high today. This area saw a 2nd lowest temp on record only a month ago. The extremes are getting more intense.

The only difference between this and the beginning of spring is no chirping birds nor blooming trees. If the trees begin blooming and a freeze hits - lots of tree trimmers in business and firewood for all. Time will tell but no matter what - its weird. Hopefully the bears don't start waking up early.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I have contact with the cloud seeders and they only operate from about April for 6 months of the year (mid autumn to mid spring) as that's the only time of year the clouds are likely to be just right in moisture content, altitude, temperature and wind direction. The west coast of Tas is a notoriously wet place even before the invention of aircraft and seeding experiments with the Strahan-Queenstown-Mt Read area typically getting 3 metres or more of rain annually, not unlike the Milford Sound area of NZ.

Darryl Gerrity (RIP) used to make a lot of noise about the seeding operations because the plane would refuel at the airport there but never quite understood how seeding actually works (Hear a plane fly overhead, then it rains = must be the plane that caused it). The seeders are mostly targetting the larger storages like Lakes Gordon/Pedder & Great Lake.

But back to the heat wave, never happened here as I'm only seeing mid 20s and the forecast evening showers arrived early.

Not complaining.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

There are only so much places for summer to visit in the southern hemisphere.

You just get a bigger share.

In the meantime, sticking out of a glacier somewhere up north...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

The news on the radio was saying it is the hottest and longest spell above 40 degrees since 1908.

I wonder what the reason was back in 1908 for the last longest hot spell of temps over 40 degrees before now...

Not enough folks paying their carbon tax bill ?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

If you could build an extremely long pipeline to the northern hemisphere attached to a very large vacuum which could inhale really hard and gain the temperature you so desire to achieve then you might get some relief. Otherwise, you could just move!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

andy06shake

Well buddy I don't think the rest of the world be in agreement with you considering the extreme cold weather patterns that seem to be occurring all over America, Europe and the United kingdom right now.

Er, Britain and Europe have been exceptionally mild this winter so far - bit colder in parts of Europe this week, but nothing more than normal.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

That's not cloud seeding, that's aircraft contrails. You wouldn't see cloud seeding since in order to seed a cloud there first has to be low level moisture bearing clouds to seed and then you have to fly over or through the cloud to seed it

edit on 17-1-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Are you forgetting about all the flooding we have experienced lately due to tidal surges. That's extreme!

I live in Scotland so its always relatively cold.

And I think we both know our extreme cold weather is in the post, lightly due to arrive a moment!

edit on 17-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

www.hydro.com.au...

have you been here. They only seed over catchment areas like Pedder/Gordon. In the South west. The trails you see are planes out of Hobart to Sydney, check the flight times. It's the only time they get high enough to leave a vapour trail.

The other flight paths are too short LAU-MEL, HOB-MEL, its 2am, the mail plane that just left from Evandale.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join