It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Koch Card ;; Democrat ObamaCare Panic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well it looks like the ol' Koch Brothers are at it again.

Now they're stirring up the Democrats running for office by naming them in ads for supporting Obama.Care.

The *Targeted* Democrats are furious and are saying they can't fight back so good because of money !!

The Koch Boys and the Tea Party sure do ruffle up some feathers eh.

This article cites the New York Times for sensationalizing the whole thing.
New York Times Plays the Koch Card, Reporting Democrat ObamaCare Panic

the New York Times emphasizes a certain name in this article:

Democrats are increasingly anxious about an onslaught of television ads hitting vulnerable Senate and House candidates for their support of the new health law, since many lack the resources to fight back in the early stages of the midterm campaign.
Since September, Americans for Prosperity, a group financed in part by the billionaire Koch brothers, has spent an estimated $20 million on television advertising that calls out House and Senate Democrats by name for their support of the Affordable Care Act. . . .

Some Democrats are open about calling for help from allies and supporters of the health care law who may be biding their time.
“Democrats need money at this early stage in order to fight back against the limitless spending from the Kochs,” said Guy Cecil, the executive director of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. “As we get closer to the election, we will have the resources to introduce their Tea Party candidates before they have an opportunity to define themselves for voters, but right now the limitless spending from the Kochs means we need Democratic donors to step up in a bigger way immediately.”

Obama.Care.Panic ?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Forgive me If I am wrong, but didn't the Heritage Foundation and by extension the Koch bros create the framework for the Affordable Care Act back during the Clinton presidency?

Wasn't it all initially instituted by Romney, a republican?

SM2

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

good, the people need to be reminded who did what in this debacle. These democrats made their bed, now its time to lie down in it. If they were afraid of this, then maybe they should have thought about this prior to screwing the American people.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yeah, the Koch Brothers are your friends? Seriously, how can people be so lame.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So the democrats are worried that somebody will know how they voted? Thats kinda funny...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

By that I assume you mean the American people, since ya know, they voted every one into office in the first place right?
Since you voted, even if it wasn't for certain people in office, then you too are accountable for playing into the system.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Thorneblood

Forgive me If I am wrong, but didn't the Heritage Foundation and by extension the Koch bros create the framework for the Affordable Care Act back during the Clinton presidency?

Wasn't it all initially instituted by Romney, a republican?

Sure looks like the Democrats took the bait.

Zero Republicans voted for the PPACA.

Hmmm.

The Heritage Foundation posted the thing years ago but also stated it was not an endorsement for legislation.

and from the pdf of the "book":

Note: Nothing written here is to be construed as necessarily reflecting the views of The Heritage Foundation or as an attempt to aid or hinder the passage of any bill before Congress.

1990 Backgrounder

the whole point was to offer a feeble alternative to HillaryCare

and from a wsj article:

In that 11th Circuit appeal, which is almost certainly headed to the Supreme Court, the Justice Department cited Heritage as an authority in support of its position. Heritage responded with an amicus brief explaining that its view had changed:

If citations to policy papers were subject to the same rules as legal citations, then the Heritage position quoted by the Department of Justice would have a red flag indicating it had been reversed. . . . Heritage has stopped supporting any insurance mandate.

Heritage policy experts never supported an unqualified mandate like that in the PPACA [ObamaCare]. Their prior support for a qualified mandate was limited to catastrophic coverage (true insurance that is precisely what the PPACA forbids), coupled with tax relief for all families and other reforms that are conspicuously absent from the PPACA. Since then, a growing body of research has provided a strong basis to conclude that any government insurance mandate is not only unnecessary, but is a bad policy option. Moreover, Heritage's legal scholars have been consistent in explaining that the type of mandate in the PPACA is unconstitutional.

From the Butler quote above, it seems to us that the brief overstates the extent to which the proposed Heritage mandate was "limited." But it is clear that Heritage has repudiated the idea of an individual mandate.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

GrantedBail

Yeah, the Koch Brothers are your friends? Seriously, how can people be so lame.

I don't even know the guys.

But it sure looks like they get the attention of adversaries don't it?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Maybe this is just me, but that reads like perfect double speak. We made it, promoted it extensively and later decided it wasn't all that a good idea but since we let it out there we can now use it to conveniently bash down any democrats who foolishly believed we were being sincere?

I wonder, if I created a process to give apes a higher level of intelligence for use as menial slaves would I then be able to refute that I had created this process when those same apes decided to overthrow humanity?

edit on 15-1-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Thorneblood

Maybe this is just me, but that reads like perfect double speak. We made it, promoted it extensively and later decided it wasn't all that a good idea but since we let it out there we can now use it to conveniently bash down any democrats who foolishly believed we were being sincere?

Could be a .....

a .....

Conspiracy !!!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Democrats are increasingly anxious about an onslaught of television ads hitting vulnerable Senate and House candidates for their support of the new health law

Hahahahaha...

If the shoe fits wear it, right? Maybe those bozo's should have "read it" before they "passed it."

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Panic. Give us your money

SM2

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Are you trying to say the Koch brothers were responsible for hillary care when slick willy was in office and then somehow that morphs into romney care which turned into obamacare ?

Dude, first off Romney care was for one state, Mass. I do not live in Mass, and if I did at the time, I would have "voted with my feet" and moved out of Mass.

The Clinton Health Care Plan of 1993 (Hillary Care) was orchestrated by Billary, and Hillary lead the "Task Force on National Health Reform " which gave birth to the proposed legislation and resulted in some lawsuits over the constitutionality of then first lady to have an active role in legislation. As far as the Koch Brothers go, they were opposed to it then as well, and the Heritage foundation is a large reason why the Clintons failed...

"Opposition to the Clinton plan was initiated by William Kristol and his policy group Project for the Republican Future, which is widely credited with orchestrating the plan's ultimate defeat through a series of now legendary "policy memos" faxed to Republican leaders.[10] Conservatives, libertarians, and the health insurance industry proceeded to campaign against the plan, criticizing it as being overly bureaucratic and restrictive of patient choice: The conservative Heritage Foundation argued that "the Clinton Administration is imposing a top-down, command-and-control system of global budgets and premium caps, a superintending National Health Board and a vast system of government sponsored regional alliances, along with a panoply of advisory boards, panels, and councils, interlaced with the expanded operations of the agencies of Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Labor, issuing innumerable rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards."[11]"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Its about time someone is pushing back at the Dem's, the GOP hasn't got the spine for it.

The Liberals will have a hard time with facts, they are going to have to think up a whole new array of lie's.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

So I was wrong, its actually during the Bush 1 years...still molded by Heritage tho....

The controversial individual mandate that was upheld Thursday by the U.S. Supreme Court stems back more than 20 years, believed to have originated with a prominent conservative think tank. The mandate, requiring every American to purchase health insurance, appeared in a 1989 published proposal by Stuart M. Butler of the conservative Heritage Foundation called "Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans," which included a provision to "mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance." The Heritage Foundation "substantially revised" its proposal four years later, according to a 1994 analysis by the Congressional Budget Office. But the idea of an individual health insurance mandate later appeared in two bills introduced by Republican lawmakers in 1993, according to the non-partisan research group ProCon.org. Among the supporters of the bills were senators Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, who today oppose the mandate under current law.

1989 version on Heritage

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Democrats voted for ObamaCare?

Captain Obivious,
faster than the speed of stupid.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't want to be forced to buy health insurance either but that doesn't mean I am stupid enough to watch Koch brothers ads and vote for their candidates.

Obamacare is not good, and the Democrats are corrpupt, but so are the Republicans and nobody should use their dislike of this program to give one of the corrupt parties power at the expense of the other. Its naive to think the GOP actually wants to get rid of this anyway. Its just a handy issue for them to talk about now but if they win a majority they will just pretend to try getting it repealed then make excuses. The only way to stop stuff like this from ever happening again is for the 2 major parties to be defeated and for the people to take their country back.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unilluminist

Wait! What? You mean I shouldn't buy into Political pandering and think tank propaganda because neither side is anywhere near sainthood despite what the Internet and MSM wants us to think?

I am shocked, completely shocked.

Just do not tell me it is all for profit, I am not sure I could handle how devastating that would be to my narrow world view.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thorneblood

I wonder, if I created a process to give apes a higher level of intelligence for use as menial slaves would I then be able to refute that I had created this process when those same apes decided to overthrow humanity?

Sorry bud but what the democrats passed and signed is not the same thing that written in the 90's. Similar? Kinda.
What we have now is about 50 times worse and a lot bigger.
There is no way to spin this without it falling at Democrates feet.
First we were told that the entire process would be "transparent" and we got all the closed door meetings and backroom vote deals.
Then there was "We need to pass it to see what's in it".
Then it is was passed using Reconciliation with not one Republican vote.
After that we heard many on the left, including the president, saying "if you like what you have, you can keep it".
Lies.
Hell, they passed it and they still don't know what's in it...........what really scares me is that maybe they do know. Perhaps they actually did just sell out the American people to prop up the insurance industry.
Quad

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hey liberals! Embrace the madness um, I mean Obamacare.

Why would they run away from it?

It's cheaper.
If you like your plan you can keep it!
If you like your doctor you can keep him?
It'll save the average American family 2,500.00 a year!

And nothing but democrats brought it to America!

Blame the mean old republicans for voting against it! It's true!

ONLY DEMOCRATS VOTED FOR IT.

OWN IT.

It's all yours, liberals. Suck it up, buttercup!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join