It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested trying to smuggle F-35 documents to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The US Attorney for DC has announced that Mozaffar Khazaee was arrested at the Newark International Airport, while bound for Tehran, with documents about the F-35 on January 9th. The investigation began in November when he attempted to send several boxes to an Iranian city, from Connecticut. The boxes were found to contain “documents consisting of sensitive technical manuals, specification sheets, and other proprietary material for the F-35.”

Khazaee is a Naturalized Citizen, who worked for a company that did strength and durability evaluations for military engines. None of the companies involved have been identified, although Pratt & Whitney has come forward saying that they were one of the companies that had documents in the shipment. Two other unidentified companies had documents included. The company he worked for has not been identified.

A man has been charged with attempting to send technical data on the F-35 joint strike fighter to Iran, according to the US Attorney for the District of Connecticut.

Mozaffar Khazaee was arrested on January 9 at Newark International Airport in New Jersey following the first flight of a trip to Tehran, Defense News reported.

Khazaee, a naturalized US citizen since 1991, was charged with “transporting, transmitting and transferring in interstate or foreign commerce goods obtained by theft, conversion, or fraud.” He faces a maximum of 10 years in jail.

rt.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Sounds a little strange to me given that a Russian news source is the first breaking this news. The RT article is also interesting in that it goes into details about the countries on the list due to receive the F-35, including Israel & 9 other countries...

Especially with the new-found calm concerning Iran from a political perspective, is someone trying to stir the pot?

I'm curious to see if other media outlets also report this...especially in the US/UK & their slants on this.

Will keep my eyes on it, for sure.

edit on 15-1-2014 by BurningSpearess because: Got bumped off,

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The F-35 has been so hacked and leaked all ready im surprised there is anything more to leak out?

I mean I bet I could get blueprints to build my own from the Deepweb if I tried

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Interesting and somewhat alarming the RAF and RN only just recently finished the first stage of the of familiarisation of the F-35 (Lightning II) for pilots and system engineers. If this is verified then its a big worry. I will keep watching as I know you know your subject and choose your sources with care.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about, they must be trying to make more accurate mock ups for their next capture claims.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

BurningSpearess
Sounds a little strange to me given that a Russian news source is the first breaking this news.

Not really,,don't ya know psyop when ya see it,,this is the type stuff the NSA should be trying too prevent,,not searching grannys colostomy bag,,,so ya leak it to RT news & everyone believes it & cheers thinking all the colostomy bag searches was well worth it.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Khazaee, a naturalized US citizen since 1991, was charged with “transporting, transmitting and transferring in interstate or foreign commerce goods obtained by theft, conversion, or fraud.” He faces a maximum of 10 years in jail.

I wonder, did he just decide to do this on his own, trying to make some quick cash by selling the info to Iran? Was he secretly contracted by Iran, during his time here? Or, did he come here with the intention stealing classified info?.
Another question is what has he already gotten away with?

What they should have done when he attempted to send to sent the first package is replace them with false specs and data.

Or maybe just replace the documents with this..

edit on 15-1-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

It's hit Sky News, Bloomburg, and others now. It's Connecticut actually, I was wrong on that. The box that was intercepted indicated it had household goods in it, but was found to have technical manuals, and other documents.

The case is U.S. v. Khazaee, 3:14-mj-2, U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut. He appeared before the judge today.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm sure Iran wants their plywood model to be as accurate as possible.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Blowback

BurningSpearess
Sounds a little strange to me given that a Russian news source is the first breaking this news.

Not really,,don't ya know psyop when ya see it,,this is the type stuff the NSA should be trying too prevent,,not searching grannys colostomy bag,,,so ya leak it to RT news & everyone believes it & cheers thinking all the colostomy bag searches was well worth it.

Are you sure that you have your alphabet agency correct? I thought TSA was responsible for that, & did you really have to go there, lol, some of us are eating lunch.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Zaphod58

It's hit Sky News, Bloomburg, and others now. It's Connecticut actually, I was wrong on that. The box that was intercepted indicated it had household goods in it, but was found to have technical manuals, and other documents.

The case is U.S. v. Khazaee, 3:14-mj-2, U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut. He appeared before the judge today.

Yes, nice find(s). Case seems more legitimate as details emerge. I wonder if we will ever find out the motivation behind the attempt...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
He worked for P&W until August when he was laid off. His team was responsible for testing durability of portions of the F119 engine among others. He signed documents that he had returned all the sensitive materials when he left the company. He moved to Indianapolis after being laid off.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Zaphod58
He worked for P&W until August when he was laid off. His team was responsible for testing durability of portions of the F119 engine among others. He signed documents that he had returned all the sensitive materials when he left the company. He moved to Indianapolis after being laid off.

So, at the most, he, -if that even happens-- is found guilty of theft/corporate security breach he will receive a sentence of up to ten years...

I can empathize with his feelings about being laid-off, but if he truly stole & made several attempts to send/transfer sensitive materials without permission, & to another country--it seems like more charges would be forthcoming? I.E., national security type charges?

Or does dual-citizenship protect one from this? Will he be renounced in one country or another, ha,ha? I have dual with a more US "friendly" country, & I don't even know the rules...

IMO, still more questions than answers...& that is what I mean about the truth of his intentions.
OR, the truth of someone else's intentions

edit on 15-1-2014 by BurningSpearess because: Add

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No, dual citizenship does nothing to help him. They can, and probably will add National Security charges to them once they sort out what was stolen. Noshir Gowadia was sentenced to 32 years for selling stealth secrets. He was naturalized from India and helped develop the exhaust system for the B-2 bomber. He showed B-2 secrets to at least 8 countries to "establish his credibility" after starting a consulting firm. He was convicted of helping design a stealthy cruise missile for China. He was charged with espionage related charges.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

they could have saved themselves some trouble and just got the plans from China..

top topics

join