It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Lost the 2.3 Trillion ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

How can you know what happened to the money when Rumy said the pentagon cant track it? So if they can't find it.. How the heck did you? Oh ya that's right, your just taking rumys word and his bs poor tech and not being able to transfer files form floor to floor? And that's a debunk? That's ground for impeachment IMO. The gov spent 2.3 T and cant tell us what that was spent on? How the heck is that ok? And then just so happens the next day a massive disaster happens and MSM doesn't touch the 2.3 T again?

And no there is no way this can be debunked until they account for the money.
WE WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE MONEY WENT! As in what it was spent on ect. Like you said, 2.3T was a good chunk of the nation debt at the time. Maybe we should account for the money we spend A LOT better and we wont be in so much debt. My mom taught me that once

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well, can we at least agree that any organization which has as their primary duty the protection of the American people and lands, and who:

One: Either cannot protect so much as their own headquarters with about an hour's notice after an attack on a major city, and more incoming attacks heading their way or:

Two: Who ordered a stand-down for reasons unknown or;

Three: Made all kind of excuses on how they 'weren't looking in the right direction', because the threats usually come from outside the U.S., or were confused by multiple radar returns of their own manufacture, and left the coastline including the Capitol itself unguarded by even one available jet fighter;

Shouldn't be getting that much money to spend, waste or otherwise divert?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Its all because of bad communication and bad technology. Debunked

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by signalfire

Its all because of bad communication and bad technology. Debunked

Really? Wow. All that money, and 'bad communication and bad technology.'

One wonders why they keep getting any money at all, then. Perhaps we should outsource our defense needs to a few halfwise intelligent 6th graders.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

How can you know what happened to the money when Rumy said the pentagon cant track it? So if they can't find it.. How the heck did you?

I really do not know how people can get this so wrong.

$2.3Tn is a lot of money, its almost the entire pentagon budget for the whole of the '90's and nearly half the national debt at the time this announcement had been made.

If as truthers try to imply this money was either stolen or siphoned off the pentagon budget for something else then essentially for the whole of the '90's the US military would have been non-existant, troops could not have been paid and the tools or war not procured. Now as i am sure we all know that was not the case, the US Millitary was rather busy during that decade so it is safe to assume then that the $2.3Tn was getting spent as it should.

All Rumsfeld was saying was that due to bad technical and accounting systems they could not track the flow of this money through the pentagon.

Oh ya that's right, your just taking rumys word and his bs poor tech and not being able to transfer files form floor to floor? And that's a debunk?

ohhh yeah thats, right just like truthers take rumy's word that they were unable to track the $2.3Tn in the first place.....

This amazes me, you will believe him when he says they cannot track that money (well some of you twist it to "stolen") yet you chose to ignore and dismiss his following sentence explaining why they cannot track this.

I believe that is called "cherry picking your facts"

That's ground for impeachment IMO

WHAT!

you do realize that most of this money went missing before the Bush administration came to power?

I cannot believe i am sticking up for them but how the hell can you think you could impeach them for something that happened when they were not in power?

The gov spent 2.3 T and cant tell us what that was spent on? How the heck is that ok?

They can, the can tell that $2.3Tn was sent to the pentagon, its just that they could not track what happened with that money once it had went into the bureaucratic system of the pentagon. However we do know that the US Millitary was still active during the '90s so it is safe to say that the money did get spent on the US Military. Really in very simplistic terms all this means is that they could not track what dollar went to what solider.

And then just so happens the next day a massive disaster happens and MSM doesn't touch the 2.3 T again?

Why do you people keep bringing this up.

The very fact we are talking about it proves that 9/11 in no way covered up the unaccounted for $2.3Tn. Also if you watch the video i posted on page 1 you will see that this was being talked about before Rumsfeld speech and in 2002 the DoD published a report discussing it.

If he had made these comments a couple of weeks (maybe even days) before 9/11 this would never have been a issue.

And no there is no way this can be debunked until they account for the money.

This is such a pointless "conspiracy" that truthers often bring up i didn't even think it needed debunked.

WE WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE MONEY WENT!

Clam down, we know where it went, it went on funding the pentagon for most of the '90s.

Maybe we should account for the money we spend A LOT better and we wont be in so much debt

I do not think that this case of poor accounting has anything to do with current national debt levels in America, that $2.3Tn was just poorly tracked through the pentagon. Even if it was properly tracked it still would have contributed in some way to American debt, its also again worth remembering that we are talking about the entire pentagon budget over the span of at least a decade.

My mom taught me that once

awww, well thats nice.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Since the military was active and we have horrible pentagon accounting polices it is fine that 2.3T dollars, REGARDLESS of how much time it took to get to that number, is unaccounted for. We are just to take a look around and say, well since there is stuff here, we can safely say that money was spent on that. If my tax dollars are going into any of gov spending, I want it accounted for. Not lost in the sauce of digital accounting books. And you might be right, if they made the announcement at any other time it might not have got the attachment. Lets say at the end of the fiscal year or closer to the 30th.... but they didn't, they let it out on the 10th, and then the paper work was destroyed the 11th...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I understand you saying that its your tax dollars and you want to know exactly where they are going

I have no problem with that and I can respect such a view.

but this whole saga of the uncounted for $2.3Tn has nothing to do with 9/11.

They did not destroy any of the evidence relating to it, again its discussed in a 2002 DoD report and why on earth would Rumsfeld come out with it just before 9/11 if they were going to destroy all the evidence as you allege the next day.

makes no sense.

and i bet your next response will be a "what if...."

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Sremmos80
2.3T dollars, REGARDLESS of how much time it took to get to that number, is unaccounted for.

Unaccounted for back in 2000.....

A February 2002 story reported that more than two thirds of that expenditure had now been reconciled: Zakheim Seeks To Corral, Reconcile 'Lost' Spending By Gerry J. Gilmore American Forces Press Service WASHINGTON, Feb. 20, 2002 -- As part of military transformation efforts, DoD Comptroller Dov S. Zakheim and his posse of accountants are riding the Pentagon's financial paper trail, seeking to corral billions of dollars in so-called "lost" expenditures. For years, DoD and congressional officials have sought to reconcile defense financial documents to determine where billions in expenditures have gone. That money didn't fall down a hole, but is simply waiting to be accounted for, Zakheim said in a Feb. 14 interview with the American Forces Information Service. Complicating matters, he said, is that DoD has 674 different computerized accounting, logistics and personnel systems. Most of the 674 systems "don't talk to one another unless somebody 'translates,'" he remarked. This situation, he added, makes it hard to reconcile financial data. Billions of dollars of DoD taxpayer-provided money haven't disappeared, Zakheim said. "Missing" expenditures are often reconciled a bit later in the same way people balance their checkbooks every month. The bank closes out a month and sends its bank statement, he said. In the meanwhile, people write more checks, and so they have to reconcile their checkbook register and the statement. DoD financial experts, Zakheim said, are making good progress reconciling the department's "lost" expenditures, trimming them from a prior estimated total of $2.3 trillion to $700 billion. And, he added, the amount continues to drop. "We're getting it down and we are redesigning our systems so we'll go down from 600-odd systems to maybe 50," he explained. "That way, we will give people not so much more money, but a comfort factor, to be sure that every last taxpayer penny is accounted for," he concluded.

web.archive.org...://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2002/n02202002_200202201.html

if they made the announcement at any other time it might not have got the attachment. Lets say at the end of the fiscal year or closer to the 30th.... but they didn't, they let it out on the 10th, and then the paper work was destroyed the 11th...

Very wrong...

Pentagon's finances in disarray By JOHN M. DONNELLY The Associated Press 03/03/00 5:44 PM Eastern WASHINGTON (AP) -- The military's money managers last year made almost $7 trillion in adjustments to their financial ledgers in an attempt to make them add up, the Pentagon's inspector general said in a report released Friday. The Pentagon could not show receipts for $2.3 trillion of those changes, and half a trillion dollars of it was just corrections of mistakes made in earlier adjustments.

hv.greenspun.com...

So as you can see it was announced back on the 3/3/00...... why ignore that?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Thank you for posting that, its nice to have some more sources backing up what I said back on page one!

your links seem to validate the video i posted as well debunking this whole myth.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

hellobruce

Sremmos80
2.3T dollars, REGARDLESS of how much time it took to get to that number, is unaccounted for.

Unaccounted for back in 2000.....

A February 2002 story reported that more than two thirds of that expenditure had now been reconciled: Zakheim Seeks To Corral, Reconcile 'Lost' Spending By Gerry J. Gilmore American Forces Press Service WASHINGTON, Feb. 20, 2002 -- As part of military transformation efforts, DoD Comptroller Dov S. Zakheim and his posse of accountants are riding the Pentagon's financial paper trail, seeking to corral billions of dollars in so-called "lost" expenditures. For years, DoD and congressional officials have sought to reconcile defense financial documents to determine where billions in expenditures have gone. That money didn't fall down a hole, but is simply waiting to be accounted for, Zakheim said in a Feb. 14 interview with the American Forces Information Service. Complicating matters, he said, is that DoD has 674 different computerized accounting, logistics and personnel systems. Most of the 674 systems "don't talk to one another unless somebody 'translates,'" he remarked. This situation, he added, makes it hard to reconcile financial data. Billions of dollars of DoD taxpayer-provided money haven't disappeared, Zakheim said. "Missing" expenditures are often reconciled a bit later in the same way people balance their checkbooks every month. The bank closes out a month and sends its bank statement, he said. In the meanwhile, people write more checks, and so they have to reconcile their checkbook register and the statement. DoD financial experts, Zakheim said, are making good progress reconciling the department's "lost" expenditures, trimming them from a prior estimated total of $2.3 trillion to $700 billion. And, he added, the amount continues to drop. "We're getting it down and we are redesigning our systems so we'll go down from 600-odd systems to maybe 50," he explained. "That way, we will give people not so much more money, but a comfort factor, to be sure that every last taxpayer penny is accounted for," he concluded.

web.archive.org...://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2002/n02202002_200202201.html

if they made the announcement at any other time it might not have got the attachment. Lets say at the end of the fiscal year or closer to the 30th.... but they didn't, they let it out on the 10th, and then the paper work was destroyed the 11th...

Very wrong...

Pentagon's finances in disarray By JOHN M. DONNELLY The Associated Press 03/03/00 5:44 PM Eastern WASHINGTON (AP) -- The military's money managers last year made almost $7 trillion in adjustments to their financial ledgers in an attempt to make them add up, the Pentagon's inspector general said in a report released Friday. The Pentagon could not show receipts for $2.3 trillion of those changes, and half a trillion dollars of it was just corrections of mistakes made in earlier adjustments.

hv.greenspun.com...

So as you can see it was announced back on the 3/3/00...... why ignore that?

So the video of rumy saying it on the 10th is not real? Did i say it was never reported before? Or that it was reported the day before a major attack that consumed the media for the next 6 months.
The first link doesn't go any where, well it goes to the way back machine. I can't read the whole thing so i have to go off what you posted. So the pentagon just needed to balance their check book huh? Its a good thing the DoD and the great people over there are the ones to balance said check book.
And in the article you posted about the earlier report of the money seemed to have the same question I do at the end of it. And what is all this "correction" verbiage? just saying that the 2.3 was used to plug holes for other things that could not be accounted for?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

So the video of rumy saying it on the 10th is not real?

You really are becoming quite insufferable are you not?

No one is saying Rumsfeld did not say what he said only that what he said has nothing to do with 9/11 yet you seem to think that it some how did yet can provide zero evidence to support such a claim.

It leaves me to ponder, what do you think happened with the money and what proof do you have to back up your assertions?
edit on 19-1-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Idk what happened to and all the proof I am getting from the other side is bad accounting and our check books just needed to be balanced for the past decade. That just doesn't still well with me. And the dates will always draw a connection to me. Its just to convenient that they said it on the 10th and not closer to the end of the fiscal year when it ends on the 30th and then the next day massive attack on said building that just so happen to under construction. Destroying said hard to translate computers with the info needed to "balance the check book"

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

So you dont know what happened to it

So would you say it was spent on the military at least or do you think it was spent on something else or stolen?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Sremmos80
Its just to convenient that they said it on the 10th

Why do you refuse to accept reality? It was announced on the 3/3/00, 6 months before 9/11....

But I suppose if you accept it was announced 6 months before it would totally destroy your silly conspiracy theory!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Why was it announced AGAIN and your link wasn't to a official release, it was to what looked like a copy of a pages text and it was about how the 2.3T needs to be accounted for and the writer didn't agree with the fact that these 2.3T is "corrections" to fill other discrepancy... What does that prove to me?

And why was the GAO all up in arms about it then? That these departments do this and then just go back and fudge the books to make everything fit...?

edit on thSun, 19 Jan 2014 03:19:13 -0600America/Chicago120141380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Sremmos80
your link wasn't to a official release,

Did you follow the links?

how about this then
Department of Defense
Office of the Inspector General -- Audit
Department-Level Accounting Entries for FY 1999 -- Report No. D-2000-179 (PDF)
Date: August 18, 2000

have a look at that PDF - but remember, if you do your silly conspiracy theory will be destroyed!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

no pdf on you last post.. can you repost? Unless it was form the one the prev but i didn't see anything of the nature on that website
nm i found it
edit on thSun, 19 Jan 2014 04:01:16 -0600America/Chicago120141680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Sremmos80

no pdf on you last post.. can you repost?

here it is again!

Department of Defense
Office of the Inspector General -- Audit
Department-Level Accounting Entries for FY 1999 -- Report No. D-2000-179 (PDF)
Date: August 18, 2000
edit on 19-1-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

All i see in that pdf is that the 2.3T was corrections to make the books work. And an additional 1.8T wasn't even reveiwed. So from everything i've been shown all i get out it is the Pentagon can't keep track of its money and every 10 years does a backwards audit and just makes the numbers work. Doesn't sell me on not being connected, just that no one can figure out what that money was spent on. Shot it makes me think that number is low. Since the only ones quoting numbers are the ones that couldn't keep track of them in the first place

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

bWe cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible.

hm...I wonder...can a private busyness owner "misplace" company income and spending...and just blame it on incompatible systems...and be done with it.

The IRS is full of understanding I hear.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join