It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Blurry Vision? Wtf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hey guys, so I got online at about 9 and have mostly been doing my computer work, however about two hours ago this weird thing with my eyes started- my vision- particularly when I look at the computer screen- is blurry, and in order to read/look at things on the screen I need to focus in..

WTF is this? Has anyone had this? What is the cause and HOW can I fix/stop it?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

Happens when your on the computer too much, and if your typing in the day or dark. It's normal. Your eyes just a need a rest. No need to panic.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

soumds like you need to a break every now and then.

yeah, what he/she said up there.
edit on 15-1-2014 by thishereguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Well, as my doc told me. "You're getting old."

Welcome to my world Cherry! BWHAHAhahahaha!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It may just be time for the old eye doctor??

And it could be eye strain. I have glasses and when I don't wear them (99% of the time) and I try to focus between the PC and my phone (I know) or the PC and the TV, I can not focus them at all on the furthest object. It's just too much eye strain focusing on a certain thing for far too long. The eyes kind of like to get stuck for a wee bit afterwards, but it always goes away in a few minutes.

It could be any number of other things. If you look it up on web md you'll never be able to sleep again. (Seriously... don't do it)

Just keep an eye out for persistent symptoms and when they occur. If no other symptoms pop up try taking a break from the PC. If it still does it and it has been 2 years since you have seen the eye doctor... think about going. And if you are old like me, your eyesight can seem to diminish rapidly in one day. The eye loses a lot of it's ability to focus as we age and this can lead to all kinds of screwy things.

ETA - That I actually did wake up a few years back and drove to my mom's for a visit. I started freaking out when I couldn't pull focus in like I usually do. It did seem to occur overnight so I called the eye doc. I told him the symptoms, he looked at my eyes.... looked at my chart... looked at my eyes again... and said "That's Why!". Scared the crap out of me. I asked what it was... he said you are getting old and had a good laugh. I didn't laugh for a while. I do now though. Honest to goodness, it seemed like it happened literally overnight. He said that the eye can compensate for certain things until we reach a certain age then the muscles just don't work as good as they used to so it makes it seem we lost eyesight function really fast.

edit on 1/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Well, as my doc told me. "You're getting old."

Welcome to my world Cherry! BWHAHAhahahaha!

Just rub it in Tdawgrex. lol

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I believe your eyes start to lose the ability to focus around 45? They make reading glasses fairly cheap. You could try a pair before you fork out the money for a doctor. If you are covered just go in and see one. This happens to everyone not just you. I think it sucks but that's life.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Lol, it's not age related guys- I'm only 21.. As for it being a vision problem/needing glasses, I definitely don't I've always had perfect vision and this is something that has happened suddenly, it's never happened before..

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Sudden disturbance or loss of vision should be treated as an emergency. You are the only one who knows how serious it is, no one on here can diagnose your issue. If the vision acuity loss is severe or worsening, you should go to an emergency room.

edit on 15-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

ETA - If you hesitate, the loss could be permanent.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Sudden loss of vision, blurry, even if only temporary is on the symptom list of when to go to an emergency room.

You should see a doctor.

If you were staring at the computer screen for endless hours, then it would be normal.

Read about Blurry Vision
edit on 15-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
it also sounds like diabetes lol

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Add to tired eyes in need of a rest, the possibility of, well, gooey stuff in them, for lack of a better term. Sometimes, if you have allergy issues, etc., your eyes can get a bit sticky. Washing your hands thoroughly, and then carefully splashing the eyes out, can help. Barring that, though, rest them. A half hour in a dimly lit room should work wonders. If you do have a persistent issue, though, a vision check might be in order.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Check your blood sugar.
and over-abundance in blood serum can cause temporary clouding of the eyes lenses.
Try exercise.
and more sleep.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yeah that could be blood pressure or blood sugar. Could be a lot of things. Didn't know your age just through out the most common cause as it sounds like you can't focus. I dunno if that is listed as an ocular emergency I looked at the list and its not on it. However blurry vision could be a sign of cranial hypertension, a migraine, and whole lot more. Looks like you have a symptom. I would say you are going to need an eye exam right away. Watch for other symptoms. Not just your eyes. If you have other symptoms you might be having an emergency. Your age makes me think it's not life threatening. However you definitely need to get checked out.

If this is your vision. You said you have to focus it. What are you focusing? How are you focusing it? Do you have a monitor / computer problem or is it a health problem?

edit on 15-1-2014 by Pimpintology because: he had to add.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Libertygal
Sudden disturbance or loss of vision should be treated as an emergency. You are the only one who knows how serious it is, no one on here can diagnose your issue. If the vision acuity loss is severe or worsening, you should go to an emergency room.

ETA - If you hesitate, the loss could be permanent.

Agreed...Not to add to any worries you may have, but blurred vision is also a sign of diabetes...a dear friend just found this out the hard way.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
As a doctor of the year 1837, I say cut the eyes out...or do some blood letting. Or its a turmor...no wait a demon, yep. Says some hailmarys. No wait, smoke, menthol. No wait thats not it, looks like you are going to have to lose the head. Sorry.

edit on 15-1-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
ALTERNATIVE THEORY

It could be that your slightly constipated.

CONFUSED ?

An aboriginal elder once told me when you feel grains of sand in your eye/s and your vision goes slightly blurry you may in fact be constipated, and sure enough that is what happens with me.

STILL CONFUSED ?

I am somebody who needs to know why things are the way they are, and logic suggests the reason why this theory could be true is the fact that your gastric fluids have been disrupted and have slightly congealed.

Because the mucus in your eye is related to the fluids in your stomach, when the gastric fluid congeals it hinders bowel movements. But this also means the mucus covering your eye also congeals, and the more you blink, the more you roll that mucus into a ball, which irritatingly feels as if you have a grain of sand in your eye which you can't expel.

I hope you can DIGEST this theory, pun intended.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Couple of people above have suggested emergency room. I agree. At the very minimum, get to a doctor. That's nothing to mess with and can be symptomatic of an extremely serious, and possibly irreparable issue. Even if your eyes clear, the underlying much more serious cause may still be there.

Please. Go to an emergency room or to your doctor ASAP. It may be nothing, but what if it is?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I look at a computer up to 15 hours a day. I don't get headaches or anything, and I do pretty well with it.

The 2 causes of blurry vision for me are:

- eye boogers. You get dried eye fluids built up around the eye. Especially when computing, since you stare in a fixed manner. Underneath the eyelid you can have a thicker mass of fluid that needs to be wiped away. It can obscure your field of vision and make things blurry or cloudy. Sometimes it goes away when you blink, and returns when you blink again. A rinse with eye solution should help.

- eye strain. Your eyes just get tired. Take a break every now and then. I have people in and out of my office all day, so I take small breaks from the screen just by that. But if you do data entry, or are pouring over data....break for a few minutes every hour or so.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Do not rule out a mini-stroke. Can happen at any age. See a doctor. Do not seek counsel on a conspriacy website. Its your health here.

MS
EMT/ERT
Advanced Disaster Life Support

top topics

<<   2 >>

join