It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allen West: Obama 'abjectly despises' whites

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

If you do a little checking into the punishment of races in this country you will see that blacks are charged and convicted far more than whites in this country. Ron Paul said the same thing when he was running for the nomination.

reply to post by buster2010

1% of American adults are in prison. That's 2.5-3 million people.
No society in history has imprisoned more of its citizens.
1 in 30 men aged 20-34 is behind bars, but for black males that's 1 in 9.
There are more 17 year old black males in prison than in college.
You're not allowed to bring anything into America that is made by forced labor or prison (classed as contraband).
And yet the US penal system produces:
* 100% of all military helmets ammunition belts bullet proof vests, ID tags and other items of uniform.
* 93% of domestically produced paints,
* 36% of home appliances,
* 21% of office furniture (which allows the US to compete with factories in Mexico to produce for less than 25 cents an hour).

One Civil War later, America has reinvented the slave trade and few see it.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

This issue has been right on your face all the time and all you need to do is open your eyes.

Guess most of us were hoping it just wasn't so. Denial is a fact of life especially with something this divisive. While I didn't vote for Obama or Romney when Obama won his first term I was hopefully optimistic that we would see a change from GWB. Sadly things went downhill from there.

Personally I feel Eric Holder is much more racist than Obama. However the president can hide out in the Oval Office while he gets his attorney general to take the heat so maybe they're the same.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
I might be off topic with this one, but it has made me think.

I hope people realize that racism, once just a symptom of our own humanity, is now a tool that is being used by some to ensure deeper division and hatred between people. Racism these days is incited by our media, but not just racism, sexism, gay rights, religious fervor, even sports rivalries. All designed to ensure that we will never act as one people in defense of ourselves.

But, is racism ONLY that, Mon1k3r? Do you really think that there's no racist behavior anywhere in the US now?

Do you really think there's no discrimination against women, anywhere, at the current time?

Everyone has equal rights? Nothing else to work on? Practically, perfect society in every way?

There are multiple tools being used against We the People to keep us separated, on that point, I agree with you absolutely.

However, a one-sided perspective that says that none of those socio-cultural issues still persist, is just as much a wedge being driven in, as the claims that these "-isms" exist everywhere and that we haven't made ANY progress in the last 50 years.

WE have and we have far to go as a people. But we will have to do it TOGETHER, not fractured into tinier and tinier self-absorbed-interest groups.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Lucius Driftwood

If you do a little checking into the punishment of races in this country you will see that blacks are charged and convicted far more than whites in this country. Ron Paul said the same thing when he was running for the nomination.

reply to post by buster2010

1% of American adults are in prison. That's 2.5-3 million people.
No society in history has imprisoned more of its citizens.
1 in 30 men aged 20-34 is behind bars, but for black males that's 1 in 9.
There are more 17 year old black males in prison than in college.
You're not allowed to bring anything into America that is made by forced labor or prison (classed as contraband).
And yet the US penal system produces:
* 100% of all military helmets ammunition belts bullet proof vests, ID tags and other items of uniform.
* 93% of domestically produced paints,
* 36% of home appliances,
* 21% of office furniture (which allows the US to compete with factories in Mexico to produce for less than 25 cents an hour).

One Civil War later, America has reinvented the slave trade and few see it.

Holy hell! I didn't know that.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

www.examiner.com...

The “New Century Foundation” studies Federal crime reports, and found significant differences in crime ratio between races, verified by the FBI’s NCVS, National Crime Victimization Survey, and The Department of Justice’s UCR, Uniform Crime Reports, FBI Communication’s Division, 304-625-4995.

They state emphatically that the Judicial System is not biased against minorities.

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

Blacks are three times more likely to use a hand gun, and twice more likely to use a knife.

Hispanics commit three times more violent crimes than whites, but the statistics are nebulous because sometimes they are classified as white, so it could be far higher.

The best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percent of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Blacks are 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites then vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit a robbery.

Forty-five percent of black crime is against whites, 43 against other blacks, and 10 percent against Hispanic.

Blacks are seven times more likely to go to prison, Hispanics three times, and the reason is clear, because from 1980 to 2003 the US incarceration rate has tripled, and so proves that Justice is not only hard won, but well served.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Verification of these claims comes from the sources below, extrapolation methods are verified by the New Century Foundation, www.amren.com...

From FBI:
Mr. LaRive:
The Uniform Crime Reporting Program does not collect the age, sex, or race of victims in conjunction with offenses reported to the police with the exception of murder and nonnegligent homicide. You will find the data on the race of victims of homicide at www.fbi.gov...

Age, sex, and race of offenders are collected in conjunction with arrest data. You will find the arrest data by race at www.fbi.gov... If you need further assistance with UCR Program data, please contact the FBI’s Communications Group at 304-625-4995.

neworleans.fbi.gov... New Orleans FBI
www.fbi.gov... FBI public publications
www.fbi.gov... FBI Uniform Crime Reports
www.ojp.usdoj.gov... Department of Justice Statistics
www.jewishworldreview.com... Walter Williams: The Ugly Conspiracy of Silence
www.amren.com... The Color of Crime, Race, Crime, and Violence in America, New Century Foundation.
www.amren.com... American Renaissance
www.racismeantiblanc.bizland.com... USA - Interracial crime at a glance and statistics.
www.snopes.com... Snopes.com:Rumor has it
Knoxsville News Sentinal, “Fiction vs. Fact in the Christian-Newson Double Homicide.”
27 May 2007
library.flawlesslogic.com... Interracial Rape Statistics
www.libreopinion.com... High numbers of back on white crime
www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com... Crime in the Hood, Violent victimization of whites by blacks is modeled in a racially mixed inner-city neighborhood. Its evolution is traced from the first black to move in, to the last white who moves out. The probability of a white being violently attacked is developed as a function of a neighborhood's racial composition. It is shown to increase nonlinearly, approaching unity as a neighborhood becomes predominately black.
www.topix.net... High Numbers of Black on white crime, West Virginia Forum and Statistics from FBI
www.newnation.com... New nation News- Black on white crime, The color of crime, August 31, 2007

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What Obama is doing is ruining the possibility to any other colored man/woman ever get into office to run it. Who knows maybe its done in purpose by TPTB
People are scared, people faces difficulties in their every day life by the goverment and coping financially is harder too, double and even triple jobs are required to bring the food and roof to the families while some other people are living on benefits and even better than those who actually work for their living. Something stinks..

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I already posted quotes from his book "Dreams of my Father". You can try and twist his statements all you want to make them appear not racist but in the end he is very racist.
AND you are quoting the Bible on this WHY ?
edit on 15-1-2014 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

Holy Cow!

Thanks for posting that information.

That has to be the single most damning indictment of black / hispanic violence and crime data I've ever seen.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I don't think that prejudice will never exist, I think it's natural for us, however, our latent tendency to resist change and to fear the unknown is being incited and used against us.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Gryphon66

Do you really think there's no discrimination against women, anywhere, at the current time?

I also believe that even though it might not appear so, women are being subjected by this paradigm more now than they were in the recent past. Women are no more than images or objects to a lot of men, and that's for the same reasons why a young lady will look at Cosmo and Seventeen and see themselves as objects and images. On top of that, women have proven their capabilities and mental assets in business and politics, and to some men, that is a threat.

Especially to the men that understand how powerful women really are.
edit on 15-1-2014 by Mon1k3r because: one more word

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

He said in his own book that he does not claim his white half and speaks badly of whites.

“That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserved of their scorn.”

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela"

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

He never embraced both sides of his heritage. He claimed to be only black so I'd say YES he does hate white people.

As much as I disagree with Obama's politics and things he has done, I've never cared for false propaganda.

Info on those quotes from FactCheck

I beleive those came from an email that circulated some time ago with false quotes and quotes taken out of context.

Q: Did Obama write that he would "stand with the Muslims" and that he nurses a "pervasive sense of grievance and animosity" toward whites?

A: No. A widely circulated e-mail fabricates some quotes from Obama’s books and twists others....

....We have received many inquiries about this from readers whose suspicions were aroused, with good reason. Aside from the fact that the e-mail incorrectly cites the title of Obama’s book as "Dreams of My Father," rather than "Dreams from My Father," you may have noticed that none of the quotes in this e-mail contain page references. This should be a sign to any reader that the author is trying to pull a fast one, betting that you won’t take the time to read through all 806 pages of Obama’s books to get to the facts.

I do think that Holder discriminates in favor of Blacks which is wrong, but I do not think it's motivated by racism, but rather a misguided attempt to even the score. I think that can be rightly argued without the propoganda.
edit on 1/15/2014 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The school punishment issue is a legit one, as legit as Stop and Frisk in New York... and what people do not understand about the race and crime statistics is this: As an example, if you take a town of 5,000 people... 3,500 white - 1,500 black and then over the course of a year the police stop and frisk 500 people... 400 black, 100 white and of those 500 people, 100 people were found to be carrying less than a quarter of an ounce of marijuana, which in this town for arguments sake, is a misdemeanor.

Now because black people were stopped at a 4:1 ratio isn't it likely that out of the 100 caught with weed most of them will be a black person? Let's take it further just like real life does... Let's say 75 of the 100 caught were black and 25 were white, the cops don't arrest 5 black people and don't arrest 20 white people.

Now we have 75 people facing misdemeanor possession charges in front of a judge, 70 black and 5 white. The 5 white people get fined. The 70 black people get anywhere from maximum fines to community service with probation to jail time.

You can take that scenario and retrofit it to what is going on in schools today, you can apply it to any crime stat you like as well, any area demographics etc... and that is what "disproportionately punished" means. Allen West does a grave disservice to minority americans by towing the tea party line on this. Shame on him.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I do think that Holder discriminates in favor of Blacks which is wrong, but I do not think it's motivated by racism, but rather a misguided attempt to even the score. I think that can be rightly argued without the propoganda.

While I agree we can do without the propaganda I have to disagree with your other statement. Isn't discriminating (in favor or against) people based on their race by definition racism? Motivation seems a side issue.
    rac·ism noun \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\

: poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race

: the belief that some races of people are better than others

Full Definition of RACISM

1. a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2. racial prejudice or discrimination

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I hesitate to say it but my RL experience pretty much validates this - www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com...
I had several windows shot out, my house broken in to and a child assaulted in the space of a year before moving.
My immediate neighbors were wonderful people, it was the crack houses nearby from where most of the issues began.
The lady across the street was robbed by someone who knocked on my door only 20 minutes before.
Her accomplice waited in the bushes while the woman used the phone for her fake ""emergency".
If you ever have people knocking on your doors late at night, don't answer - call the police.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
REPLY TO CHRISTIAN VOICE:

The point is that the bulk of what you posted as quotation is either (1) NOT QUOTED FROM Obama's book "Dreams of my Father" or "Audacity of Hope" is (2) misquoted or (3) so completely out of context so as to mean something completely different ... that's why I asked if you have read the books. You obviously haven't.

No twisting of anything is required. You're passing along disinformation which is probably quoted from some email you received. You're not interested in the truth, or you would have done your research before quoting AS IF IT WERE TRUE, and then insisting that it was truth when the dishonesty mistake was pointed out to you.

For someone who's called "Christian Voice" ... I thought you'd be familiar with the Bible or at least have one handy. "Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight." (Prov. 12:22) To be blunt: the material in your previous quote is woefully inaccurate or directly untrue.

Here's the detailed dishonesty since you insist:

Christian Voice
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

He said in his own book that he does not claim his white half and speaks badly of whites. (Your paraphrase. /shrug)

“That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserved of their scorn.” (Ridiculously out of context ... go read the link posted above from Google Books)

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race." (Completely fabricated, this does not appear anywhere in either "Audacity of Hope" or "Dreams of My Father" -- i.e. it's a lie.)

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites" (This is a short snippet cut out of the middle of a longer sentence that gives a completely different context -- again, go read the book.)

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela" ("This statement is a complete rewording--two separate sentences have been conflated into one, further changing an intended meaning already obscured by the lack of context--of material from page 220 of 'Dreams from My Father'"(Reference))

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." (Completely fabricated, and not from either of Obama's books, it's a bastardization from a speech. Here's the text:

"In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

He never embraced both sides of his heritage. He claimed to be only black so I'd say YES he does hate white people. (This is only your summary. Given the dishonesty exhibited above; there's no credibility here.)

You don't like Obama, fine, I don't care much for the man either.

Posting disinfo (if not lies) of this magnitude serves no one. It makes any point you might make, which might otherwise have some validity, absolutely meaningless.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

These are not facts and they are not cited from nor accurately summarized from FBI reports.

The New Century Foundation referenced in the Examiner.com article as providing the analysis publishes American Renaissance (www.amren.com.)

New Century Foundation is (I hope not surprisingly to many here) described by founder Jared Taylor as "white separatist."

This response summarizes a counter position - those interested should do some research and decide for themselves:

Social activist and writer Tim Wise wrote an essay titled "The Color of Deception" as a rebuttal of Color of Crime. His essay used data from the FBI and BJS showing that interracial crimes are actually fairly rare; that the vast majority of black (and white) crime is committed against victims of the same race; that whites still account for the majority of crime in the United States; and that part of the reason blacks are over-represented for many crime categories is their neighborhoods are generally much more heavily policed and black suspects are significantly less likely to be acquitted or released with a warning. The book also uses statistical data to argue that blacks are actually over-represented as victims of interracial violence per capita (arguing blacks are 50% more likely to be victims of interracial violence than pure chance would predict) and that overall white criminals pose the greatest threat to white Americans and black criminals pose the greatest threat to black Americans.

(Source - "The Color of Deception")

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I don't see it. Obama and Holder are not as effective as they should be and they both seem to care about inequality but have not found a way to resolve those things without upsetting non-minorities. I acknowledge that.

I lump Allen West in with Bill Cosby with regard to accountability for minorities and there behavior. They both feel like black Americans hold them selves back most of all.

I don't know how to feel about that. I agree to some extent but when it is all you know and there is an economic and social inequality it must be addressed from all parties. It's not a Black thing or a white thing in my opinion. It's a People thing.

As Americans we have come a long way and have made many mistakes along the way. We still have a long way to go.

I do not believe that the President or Holder are racist. I just think they are inept at their jobs.
edit on 1-16-2014 by Flint2011 because: Typos

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Allen West = Instant Disregard. This guy's a joke, right? Even Florida thought he was too much of a nut.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What you are feeling to recognize/acknowledge is that most of the time blacks have been in trouble with the law before therefore the harsher sentence they get.

For the sake of argument, A white man and a black man are both caught doing the same thing (x). The black man gets a harsher sentence then the white man and that's all we hear. Of course people are going to think t he system is racist. What we don't ever hear, however, is that the white man is a first time offender and the black man has a rap sheet a foot long.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

kimish
reply to post by Kali74

What you are feeling to recognize/acknowledge is that most of the time blacks have been in trouble with the law before therefore the harsher sentence they get.

For the sake of argument, A white man and a black man are both caught doing the same thing (x). The black man gets a harsher sentence then the white man and that's all we hear. Of course people are going to think t he system is racist. What we don't ever hear, however, is that the white man is a first time offender and the black man has a rap sheet a foot long.

This is an often repeated meme implying blacks are inherently more criminal. Of course, this view requires avoidance of any research into the area.

Discrimination starts early

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join