It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Died, Obama Lied!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
With Benghazi, the GOP are beating a dead horse purely for political reasons, not because they care about government workers or even overall embassy security since they blocked a $200 million security funding bill. The GOP always put partisan politics ahead of the good of the country. As long as they continue to look at this tragedy through partisan eyes, they cheapen the death of any Americans.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Helious

What evidence do you have to refute what I just said? Lets start there.

Well if you would scroll up you would see direct testimony from General Dempsey, but I'll lay it out one more time for you:

"we deployed a Marine Fleet Antiterrorism Security team) or FASJ team as you probably know it.
Prepared a second FAS platoon to deploy and moved the special
operations force that was training in Croatia to a staging base in
Italy. We also deployed a special operations force from the
continental United States to an intermediate staging base in
southern Europe.
The Accountability Review Board lead by Ambassador Pickering
and Admiral Mike Mullen concluded that the interagency response
was timely and appropriate) but there was simply not enough time
given the speed of the attacks for armed U.S. military assets to
have made a difference."

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

rupertg
With Benghazi, the GOP are beating a dead horse purely for political reasons, not because they care about government workers or even overall embassy security since they blocked a $200 million security funding bill. The GOP always put partisan politics ahead of the good of the country. As long as they continue to look at this tragedy through partisan eyes, they cheapen the death of any Americans.

Puh-lease!

That 200 million was for the next fiscal year!

Blaming House republicans for something the State Department did is grasping at straws!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

If you read the declassified documents you will clearly find that the President not only DID NOT order a stand down, but that he ordered a swift and strong response

Just what did President Obama's swift and strong response consist of.... and what were the results of that swift and strong response?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by Vipassana

If you read the declassified documents you will clearly find that the President not only DID NOT order a stand down, but that he ordered a swift and strong response

Just what did President Obama's swift and strong response consist of.... and what were the results of that swift and strong response?

I'll answer.

He sent Susan Rice out to tv talk shows and then probably went golfing.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Vipassana

Helious

What evidence do you have to refute what I just said? Lets start there.

Well if you would scroll up you would see direct testimony from General Dempsey, but I'll lay it out one more time for you:

"we deployed a Marine Fleet Antiterrorism Security team) or FASJ team as you probably know it.
Prepared a second FAS platoon to deploy and moved the special
operations force that was training in Croatia to a staging base in
Italy. We also deployed a special operations force from the
continental United States to an intermediate staging base in
southern Europe.
The Accountability Review Board lead by Ambassador Pickering
and Admiral Mike Mullen concluded that the interagency response
was timely and appropriate) but there was simply not enough time
given the speed of the attacks for armed U.S. military assets to
have made a difference."

Ok, I'll spell something out for you. The OP's link says that the White House and Pentagon were briefed in the earliest hours of the attack that it was an active terrorism event. Special forces stationed in Tripoli wanted to respond, stated they could engage, assist, evacuate and were told no, according to congressional testimony.

So, why do you think that is?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The OP's article is spinning the declassified documents from a partisan viewpoint. If you would bother to read the quotes I have provided from the declasssified documents or actually read them yourself instead of basing your evidence off of a bs article that was probably taken down because it's not based in any fact, you would find your answers.

And what congressional testimony are you even talking about? Quotes please. OP's article said nothing about that, and the declassified documents that the article points too also say nothing of what you are suggesting. All 500 pages of them.

Are you honestly trying to compare partisan statements from a 300 word partisan news article to over 500 pages of declassified congressional testimony? That's intellectual dishonesty at its finest, a common theme among people who keep coming back to Benghazi. Not even Fox News would dare suggest the President issued a stand down order...
edit on 14-1-2014 by Vipassana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The only 'boots on the ground' response that I remember was an FBI team sifting through the ashes at the compound.

Does anyone recall how swiftly they got there?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by beezzer

The only 'boots on the ground' response that I remember was an FBI team sifting through the ashes at the compound.

Does anyone recall how swiftly they got there?

Was it 2 weeks or 3?

I forget.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It was three weeks. They stayed for less than 24 hours.
ap.org

Yep. That's a fresh crime scene, eh?
edit on b000000312014-01-14T20:21:51-06:0008America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jan 2014 20:21:51 -0600800000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I do know.

Obama lied.

He spoke an untruth.

Won't be the first time, won't be the last time.

And others have spoke them as well, but you will do nothing to call them out. In the post about 2 or 3 above this one, you said they were opinions, were you anywhere near the situation, or like most of us sitting at our keyboards, second guessing anything and everything this "non American" president does?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by beezzer

It was three weeks. They stayed for less than 24 hours.
ap.org

Yep. That's a fresh crime scene, eh?
edit on b000000312014-01-14T20:21:51-06:0008America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jan 2014 20:21:51 -0600800000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Pathetic.

But to be honest, there was an election coming up.

So priorities and all. . . . .

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

beezzer
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I do know.

Obama lied.

He spoke an untruth.

Won't be the first time, won't be the last time.

And others have spoke them as well, but you will do nothing to call them out. In the post about 2 or 3 above this one, you said they were opinions, were you anywhere near the situation, or like most of us sitting at our keyboards, second guessing anything and everything this "non American" president does?

If you're going to put words in my mouth, might I just make it easier for you and just give you my password?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Vipassana
reply to post by Helious

The OP's article is spinning the declassified documents from a partisan viewpoint. If you would bother to read the quotes I have provided from the declasssified documents or actually read them yourself instead of basing your evidence off of a bs article that was probably taken down because it's not based in any fact, you would find your answers.

And what congressional testimony are you even talking about? Quotes please. OP's article said nothing about that, and the declassified documents that the article points too also say nothing of what you are suggesting. All 500 pages of them.

Are you honestly trying to compare partisan statements from a 300 word partisan news article to over 500 pages of declassified congressional testimony? That's intellectual dishonesty at its finest, a common theme among people who keep coming back to Benghazi. Not even Fox News would dare suggest the President issued a stand down order...
edit on 14-1-2014 by Vipassana because: (no reason given)

So now you're trying to spin partisan politics into factual statements made by those involved? Fair enough if you honestly believe that. Stay with with me for one more thing.

Please show me, based on what you are claiming that the two following statements are not true. If you can do this, I promise to take your argument more seriously.

1.) The Obama administration and Pentagon were briefed that there was an active terror attack on their Benghazi embassy in the earliest hours of the attack and despite advice from military assets more capable of assessing response time, military effectiveness and capability, the Pentagon (AKA White House) would not authorize the recommended military action to try and preserve American lives.

2.) Obvious, proven lies were told by the Obama administration to not only cover up the true scope of the attack but the very nature of what the attack was, despite having credible knowledge that it was something completely different. The attack was terrorism, something this administration and the last has sworn a war on at all costs including our personal freedoms yet this administration would have you believe it was something else, despite being told terrorism was exactly what it was, from the very beginning.

Now, tell me what about those two statements is disingenuous or partisan.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Weird the original link is gone. Smart of you to get a screenshot. I am sure this will be all over the Internet yet wonder what the consequence will be (if there will be one), if he is found guilty of negligence and again...lying.

I feel sorry for him at this point. He could have manned up at anytime - on a number of matters, but I've never heard an ounce of humility out of him. He has a false idea of what a man and strong leader should be (his ideas are about appearances rather than substance). Why I feel sorry for him - because no one has cared enough to confront him - in a way that is private and out of genuine concern. Is this because a leader is supposed to be infallible so his aides fear him or believe themselves inferior - or does no one care about this guy minus what he can give them with money/power? Or is it because he just won't listen? I tend to believe anyone will listen if you approach it right.

I hope he can somehow make amends to the people and also forgive himself (whether he is guilty of this or not he has been caught being manipulative and lying). What I see coming is a man who will be broken by the shame of having stuff like this examined/uncovered - more than this but it adds up. It's all about the lying and his appetite for manipulating things to be in his best interest - a 100% preventable.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Dianec because: Correction

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Again you don't provide any direct quotes to support your theories. While multiple times I have cited multiple sources stating that the President initiated a direct military response, and that the administration also believes the attacks were in fact from al-Sharia, a titled terrorist organization operating in Libya and Tunisia.

Key words here: cited sources. You have claimed much yet cited nothing, while I have provided direct quotes from those directly involved.

Have you even read a single word from the declassified documents? If you can not provide a factual quote or legitimate article then I am inclined to believe you are being rather disingenuous. I would also urge you to examine how your own beliefs about our president have been formed, and whether those formations were derived from partisan media, blogs, or other misinformed internet.

I am trying to stay with you here but creating a numbered list is not evidence, direct quotes are. Like I said hundreds of pages of declassified documents are at your fingertips, peruse them please and find me a quote suggesting the POTUS issued a stand down order.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Obama and Hillary are still free to go anywhere as if they have committed no crime and shown no negligence in this matter.

AND there are people, right here even, who actually truly believe they are both good for your country!!! - now THAT'S a conspiracy.

It has got me fluxed why they are both not in jail.

Fluxed I tell you

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Vipassana
reply to post by Helious

Again you don't provide any direct quotes to support your theories. While multiple times I have cited multiple sources stating that the President initiated a direct military response, and that the administration also believes the attacks were in fact from al-Sharia, a titled terrorist organization operating in Libya and Tunisia.

Key words here: cited sources. You have claimed much yet cited nothing, while I have provided direct quotes from those directly involved.

Have you even read a single word from the declassified documents? If you can not provide a factual quote or legitimate article then I am inclined to believe you are being rather disingenuous. I would also urge you to examine how your own beliefs about our president have been formed, and whether those formations were derived from partisan media, blogs, or other misinformed internet.

I am trying to stay with you here but creating a numbered list is not evidence, direct quotes are. Like I said hundreds of pages of declassified documents are at your fingertips, peruse them please and find me a quote suggesting the POTUS issued a stand down order.

Everything I said is quoted and documented. It's public knowledge, available to anyone who is looking. Do you have a credible argument to disprove the two statements in my last post or not? If not, please stop posting and wasting my time, if you can disprove the two statements I offered, please do.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Well, at least the economy is improving and we aren't spending trillions on useless wars anymore. Compare that to the last administration officials who walk freely after they were actually proven to have lied about the intel leading to the Iraq war and propped up the banks that crashed the economy. Just sayin

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Where is it quoted and documented? Show me? Find a direct quote if it is so freely available and post it. surely I am not the only one who actually bothered to read the declassified documents?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join