It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Died, Obama Lied!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

But Obama, Susan Rice said it was the youtube video.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The last thing I will post is testimony from a Congressional briefer regarding possible attacks related to "offensive videos", which can be found in the declassified documents that the article references:

"And it is also clear, not just from former Secretary Gates'
comments, but from every analysis of this, that the Department of Defense
did everything it could under the circumstances. It is a very dangerous
world. And we are present in many parts of that dangerous world. And
also, we should remember that in the days before the Benghazi attacks,
there were attacks on a number of our embassies that were, ironically,
in fact inspired by a video, in Cairo, in Sana' a, in Tunis, in Pakistan,
and a lot of other places. The threat environment was very complex and
very difficult.
But without question, the Department of Defense did everything they could on that night in question. And some of the charges, some of the allegations, I think there are responsibilities on behalf of all
of us as Members of Congress to not simply take what we see on the Internet
or in the media and essentially charge people at the Department of
Defense, people sitting before us, who take their job to protect American
lives as seriously as they take anything else -- and we have seen it
on this committee time and time again -- to take that and to call into
question their commitment to that very job, based on rumor and innuendo
and stuff that turned out to be absolutely untrue is just an abomination. "

pg 12, armedservices.house.gov...

Thank you for showing me the link to those documents. I am now more convinced than ever that this article and attempts by partisan jerks in congress and the media to discredit the president are pure nonsense and are based on extrapolated spin with no regard to the actual facts and testimony of those who really matter here.

Thanks for pointing me to the sources that matter, not the partisan media which born out this article. This is the kind of misinformed crap that floats around on this website way too often. Get information from a variety of sources before drawing conclusions, instead of drawing illusions in your own heads.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

Let me ask you something.

Was it a planned attack by an Al Qeda type group?

Or a spontaneous riot caused by the video?

(I'm curious about the answer as it will probably be progressive talking points for the next few months)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

beezzer

You answered my question.

None.

Obama lied.

QED

Beez, so did Bush 43, and the other 42 that proceeded him. This story, and Fox New's spin on it is getting really old. There is absolutely nothing we can do to bring those 4 lives back, what we should all be focusing on, is how to fix the issues that are facing our country.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

beezzer

None.

Obama lied.

QED

Beez, so did Bush 43, and the other 42 that proceeded him. This story, and Fox New's spin on it is getting really old. There is absolutely nothing we can do to bring those 4 lives back, what we should all be focusing on, is how to fix the issues that are facing our country.

So you agree that Obama lied.

I don't care about Bush. I haven't since 2008. He was a jerk and an ass.

Obama is the liar in chief now.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

considering that there was evidence that Islamists were making threats in response to the video, and Obama had "deployed a Marine Fleet Antiterrorism Security team) or FASJ team as you probably know it.
Prepared a second FAS platoon to deploy and moved the special
operations force that was training in Croatia to a staging base in
Italy. We also deployed a special operations force from the
continental United States to an intermediate staging base in
southern Europe.
The Accountability Review Board lead by Ambassador Pickering
and Admiral Mike Mullen concluded that the interagency response
was timely and appropriate) but there was simply not enough time
given the speed of the attacks for armed U.S. military assets to
have made a difference."

General Dempsey, pg 6 armedservices.house.gov...

Ya I'd say the president didn't have clearl intelligence and put forth a narrative that made sense at the time. Not really a lie, just a misinformed response to an unfolding event that made sense at the time.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Vipassana

Ya I'd say the president didn't have clearl intelligence and put forth a narrative that made sense at the time. Not really a lie, just a misinformed response to an unfolding event that made sense at the time.

The CnC didn't have clear intelligence 11 days after the attack.

Mmm-hmm.

Makes me feel real good about the civilian leadership.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, then maybe you should go to Libya and get the intel yourself? Everyone seems to think that the CIA and DOD know anything and everything but it's simply not true.

Even to this day the administration obviously doesn't know exactly who or why the attacks took place as evidenced by this reward offered up just 4 days ago:

"The department also issued a reward of up to $10 million for information leading to the arrest or conviction of anyone responsible for the Benghazi attacks."

www.cbc.ca...

In a time when the entire Islamic world was outraged by a silly youtube video, it is plain to see how members of the administration thought this was a violent response to that video.

You all focus too much on proving Obama lied, when like others have said, every president has lied. The real enemy is Islamic extremism

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

None.

Obama lied.

QED

So you agree that Obama lied.

I don't care about Bush. I haven't since 2008. He was a jerk and an ass.

Obama is the liar in chief now.

I don't know, neither do you, or anyone else posting on here. None of us are in the administration to know for certain. I know that 4 Americans died in an embassy attack on the anniversary of 9/11. My point was, there are a lot of people wasting time and effort to turn this loss of American lives into a big deal, when 4 American lives are lost due to domestic or foreign issues everyday. There are much larger issues facing our country, and congress and the American people need to be focused on those, instead of this somewhat trivial, in the whole scheme of life, incident. I was an ardent Obama supporter in both 2008 and 2012, much to do with the sorry candidates the Repubs put forward, but I, like many are disappointed in this President, and in 2014 and 2016 it will depend on the candidates put forward, as to who I will support.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

AFRICOM had greater intelligence but was not permitted to act on it.

Obama Administration lied.

Hillary Clinton lied.

The above are my opinions.

Some based on first-hand knowledge. I was only in Germany at the time, but was in contact with AFRICOM on a daily basis.

Believe what you want. Eat the lies they feed you. I hope you rest well at night believing this tripe.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

hellobruce

Helious
How long does it take to board an aircraft and fly from Tripoli to Benghazi? Who in the hell cares, time enough you would hope to save American lives, thats how long.

So in fact you have no clue at all - and they were NOT ordered to stand down, as shown elsewhere in this thread!

I suggest you look at how long it would have taken to get there, then you would realise it was all over by then...

ordering them to do nothing or to stand down is criminal when you have been given the knowledge the attack is one of active terrorism

Again, they were NOT ordered to stand down..... do you even read what you post?

What are you on about, the attack lasted the better part of 5 hours. It takes an hour and 20 minutes to fly from Tripoli to Benghazi. If your going to argue points that are counter intuitive to rational logic, at least make sense.

Congressional hearings don't get going based on conspiracy theories, your inadequate attempts to suggest that somehow everything that could be done was done and that everyone involved can hold their head high knowing they told the truth is not only offensive, it's udderly rediculous.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I do know.

Obama lied.

He spoke an untruth.

Won't be the first time, won't be the last time.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

If your going to argue anything at all, at least read the documents, or at least the quotes I put forth that undermine everything you have said. Over and over again the documents show how the President ordered an immediate response, but was too late. That is a fact. If you have evidence showing otherwise then show us.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Vipassana
reply to post by Helious

If your going to argue anything at all, at least read the documents, or at least the quotes I put forth that undermine everything you have said. Over and over again the documents show how the President ordered an immediate response, but was too late. That is a fact. If you have evidence showing otherwise then show us.

Are you refuting that authorities having much more knowledge of military capability, response time and assessment of "wartime" response advising they should be allowed to dispatch to assist and evacuate advised the Pentagon they could be of use and were told they were not needed?

I fail to understand what you don't get about that, according to pretty much everyone involved except the Obama administration, they could of helped.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Ok so who said that and when? Link to that information?

Because everything in those declassified documents posted by OP does in fact refute what you are saying. And that is direct quotes from multiple generals involved.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Vipassana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Bull.

Gen. Carter Ham is saying only what he's told to say!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Bull.

Any proof of this?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Vipassana
reply to post by Helious

Ok so who said that and when? Link to that information?

Because everything in those declassified documents posted by OP does in fact refute what you are saying. And that is direct quotes from multiple generals involved.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Vipassana because: (no reason given)

The OPs post states in direct speech that in "the earliest hours of the attack the pentagon and white house were briefed it was a terror attack".

In congressional testimony, we have those involved in high levels saying that support was offered, recommended and able to be of assistance. It was denied, not authorized, ordered to stand down, take your pick.

What evidence do you have to refute what I just said? Lets start there.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Seriously ?

What is more likely to be true ?

The fact that the US/OBama and CLinton bombed the hell out of Libya, then gloated about it ?

Or over an obscure video that made them mad in Benghazi which would make Benghazi the most populated area of the world who watches Youtube.

Oh that just so happened to be on September 11th.

Are people that naive to think it was over a GD video ?

Or the fact that Obama and company fired over 110 tomahawk some months before?

en.wikipedia.org...

Be it terrorists or the simple fact that Libyans didn't take too kindly to US bombing them.

But if sure the EFF wasn't over a GD video.

So lies.lies, and lies.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Vipassana
reply to post by beezzer

Bull.

Any proof of this?

Only supposition.

But I'm not the only one who thinks so.

First of all, over the last week there have been many reports that the AFRICOM commander, GEN Carter Ham, had been arrested by his second in command and relieved of command. The reasoning in several articles from journalists and bloggers is that GEN Ham was ready to violate a do-not-assist order with regards to Benghazi. I would think that there are too many people who would know about this that could keep an event like that as quiet as it seems to have been kept.

www.blackfive.net...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join