It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in the UK to wear video cameras after killing unarmed man.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

Then he was lucky, to be honest as it is very difficult to tell the difference sometimes between a BB and a real gun unless they have the little orange nib on the end or just look "plasticky". I would imagine that the Fuzz also took into account he was clearly a bit nutty and gave him some benefit of the doubt, which again is lucky for him!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

"But I consider a large number of police to be criminals "

You know this to be the case, I know this to be the case, on that particular score we are in agreement!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

stumason

Good advice.. Here it is from the horses mouth:

Stop and Search - Your rights

For the most part, Police are normal folks who will be perfectly fine with you if you are with them. I've been arrested before and because I was polite, well mannered and even waited for them to come an arrest me at the scene instead of fleeing, I was very well treated.

No cuffs, my cell door was left unlocked, I had free roam to go and have a smoke if I wanted and they even brought me a curry, then allowed me to speak to my Dad and eat the McDonald's he brought me when he arrived at the station, which they didn't have to do (I was 19)... All the while, the aggressive tits in the other cells all kicking off, shouting abuse etc had none of that.

Nice one using a link from the government website. Because they would never lie to you. And the police would never abuse their power

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Reply to anti-police postings?

Not every cop is a criminal, thankfully, the vast majority of cops are law abiding. Those that break the law deserve to be dealt with by the same laws that they are purport to uphold. The Scarman Report led to the Police and Criminal Act or PACE and then along came Custody Officers as a result of deaths in custody. Policing the streets is not for the faint of heart and if it wasn't for the Thin Blue Line the the UK would devolve into total anarchy instead of the selective anarchy that currently exists.

When it comes to Tottenham however, and in particular the Broadwater Farm Estate from which Duggan hailed, there is a long history between its residents and the Police. For the benefit of those that were not around in 1985 for those riots or even earlier for the Brixton riots, to view the current situation in isolation is to ignore the truth. Tensions between the 2 sides were intensified by various Police actions, some of which resulted in the deaths of 2 black women, one from a heart attack during a search of her house the other who was shot even though unarmed. These are facts as established by a host of reports and inquests and the rest is history. Apart of course from omitting the fact that the mob during one of the Broadwater Farm Riots killed P.C. Keith Blakelock and attempted to cut off his head. His crime? He had been trying to protect firemen attempting to put out fires. Blackelocks colleagues rescued his body before the mob succeeded in their endeavours otherwise the intention had been for the mob to parade a "Pigs" Head on a pole.

Just try that in the US or the EU or China or Russia and see what happens.

UK cops do a difficult job at times, whilst making them wear cameras won't make that any easier, it may just prove to be a blessing in disguise when it comes to who did what. It gets my vote 100%.

edit on 15-1-2014 by Shuftystick because: Speeling errur!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

Lest it be said that the criminals now have the Met. on their back foot so to speak...

Yesterday Assistant Commissioner of The Met. Mark Rowley, he who was shouted down, spat upon and had a missile thrown at outside the Coroners Court, confirmed to a Committee of MP's led by Keith Vaz (for it was he who led a march of Thousands of Muslims in Leicester demanding that Salman Rushdies book be banned, and he, who in 2001 along with Peter Mandelsen lobbied the UK Home Office over the Hinduja brothers, and he, who in 2001 was suspended for the House of Commons for making false allegations against a retired former Senior Police Officer), anyway Rowley confirmed that the Police has undertaken 4 operations against armed criminals, arrested 8 people and seized 8 guns. Apparently the Police managed this without discharging a weapon, bit strange for a bunch of murderers as some would have us believe the armed Police Officers are!

All this and not a cop camera in sight, can't wait for them to wear cameras, I will relish watching some of these thugs, whatever their ethnicity staring down the barrel of a Police carbine or pistol and crapping themselves as they realise they can't get away with it with armed Police.

And while you are at it, spare a thought for the 2 unarmed female police officers murdered by a gunman not so long ago.

In the UK, you really should be a bit more grateful for the Thin Blue Line, YOU never know when YOU might need THEM!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join