It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Peru. The Enigma...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

the number of ribs is actually as anomalous as the bulbous head, huh...went as far as to say "quadruped."

alert me when the dna sequencing is done.

s&f

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by peter vlar

What if our model, was also a victim of skull binding?
Or
What if our victim, was also a model for skull binding ?

Hey now, I thought we were talking about marshmallows. The only victim is the person who doesn't get any in their cocoa.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Yes Yes, correct my good man. I often become distracted by such
such cross cultural beauty.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay. I would really be interested in any DNA study done on the skulls.Here's why.

I would like to take this skull idea in a different direction. There is a syndrome known as Dolichocephalic which causes an elongated skull. It presents in a few different ways. The heritic Pharoh Akhenaten had this syndrome as did other members of his family.

This is a head done of King Tut as a child.It is in the cario museum.

This is a head of one of Akhenatens daughters.

And this is the king himself.

Now from what I have been able to discover about this family.This syndrome ran in the family. I think that the pics bare this out.

What if this syndrome causes those afflicted, to have a different way of looking at the world. Akhenaten certianly did and he caused great change during his reign.

Now that said, if this syndrome produced a great leader in Peru and in other cultures, could it be the source of the tradition of binding of the skull. After all we do know that humans enjoy emulating great leaders.

Just wanted to offer this as an explaination that doesn't require aliens. It is fairly common and has several different ways of presenting in humans.link

So beyond the artificial way of elongating skulls there is this somewhat natural way of aquiring one.
edit on 1/16/2014 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

lonegurkha
What if this syndrome causes those afflicted, to have a different way of looking at the world. Akhenaten certianly did and he caused great change during his reign.

Now that said, if this syndrome produced a great leader in Peru and in other cultures, could it be the source of the tradition of binding of the skull. After all we do know that humans enjoy emulating great leaders.
from wikipedia

Dolichocephaly is another word for scaphocephaly

Scaphocephaly is the most common of the craniosynostosis conditions and is characterized by a long, narrow head.

Craniosynostosis (from cranio, cranium; + syn, together; + ostosis relating to bone) is a condition in which one or more of the fibrous sutures in an infant skull prematurely fuses by turning into bone (ossification),thereby changing the growth pattern of the skull.Because the skull cannot expand perpendicular to the fused suture, it compensates by growing more in the direction parallel to the closed sutures. Sometimes the resulting growth pattern provides the necessary space for the growing brain, but results in an abnormal head shape and abnormal facial features. In cases in which the compensation does not effectively provide enough space for the growing brain, craniosynostosis results in increased intracranial pressure leading possibly to visual impairment, sleeping impairment, eating difficulties, or an impairment of mental development combined with a significant reduction in IQ.

Craniosynostosis occurs in one in 2000 births. Craniosynostosis is part of a syndrome in 15 to 40% of the patients, but it usually occurs as an isolated condition.
These conditions don't make for a great leader much less something to be emulated.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
These elongated skulls have only two cranial plates , humans beans have three .

ergo , .... they are not of this planet .

kudos slayer , your threads are always primo bandwidth s'n'f

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Thanks for proving my point. While it doesn't always result in improved brain capacity,sometimes it does.While I read the wiki post I didn't use it,because I consider wiki a questionable source. It was only for reference for anyone who wanted to research further.

Try putting "Dolichocephalic skulls" into google images. You can see some of the ways this condition presents.
edit on 1/17/2014 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

lonegurkha
reply to post by reject

While it doesn't always result in improved brain capacity,sometimes it does
Please cite your sources.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Did you actually read what you posted?

Craniosynostosis (from cranio, cranium; + syn, together; + ostosis relating to bone) is a condition in which one or more of the fibrous sutures in an infant skull prematurely fuses by turning into bone (ossification),thereby changing the growth pattern of the skull.Because the skull cannot expand perpendicular to the fused suture, it compensates by growing more in the direction parallel to the closed sutures. Sometimes the resulting growth pattern provides the necessary space for the growing brain, but results in an abnormal head shape and abnormal facial features

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Very interesting topic, F + S.

But, I would hold my opinion until we at least have more DNA research on remains. At this point, whole thing is just open for wild speculations...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

lonegurkha
reply to post by reject

Did you actually read what you posted?

Craniosynostosis (from cranio, cranium; + syn, together; + ostosis relating to bone) is a condition in which one or more of the fibrous sutures in an infant skull prematurely fuses by turning into bone (ossification),thereby changing the growth pattern of the skull.Because the skull cannot expand perpendicular to the fused suture, it compensates by growing more in the direction parallel to the closed sutures. Sometimes the resulting growth pattern provides the necessary space for the growing brain, but results in an abnormal head shape and abnormal facial features
yes, did you?

Again, where does it say that it sometimes results in improved brain capacity?
edit on 17-1-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I've been convinced for many years nos - thousands of years ago there was amazing technologically advance civilization.
The fact is - it's either is gone to another planet, gone underground, to another dimension or has died out totally or partially - we are descendants of that civilization.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Since you seem to enjoy wiki here is the link that was followed from the page you quoted from.Apparently you didn't follow any of the links from that page.link

Here is the link I found.Cause I don't trust wiki.link

These clearly show that this condition can lead to increased skull capicity and therefore a larger brain.Is this an advantage? Most of the time no there are other problems that can be associated with this condition. However that is not always so and some people with the condition function quite normaly.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

lonegurkha
reply to post by reject

Since you seem to enjoy wiki here is the link that was followed from the page you quoted from.Apparently you didn't follow any of the links from that page.link

At one end of the genetic spectrum, duplications of chromosomes have been found to be related to autism and macrocephaly

lonegurkha
reply to post by reject

Here is the link I found.Cause I don't trust wiki.link

WHAT ARE THE BRAINS AND INTELLIGENCE LIKE OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE MACROCEPHALY?

In macrocephaly, the brain is abnormally large and brain functioning is usually abnormally slow. This generally results in some degree of mental retardation (slowness), and thus many individuals with macrocephaly have low intelligence.

lonegurkha
reply to post by reject

These clearly show that this condition can lead to increased skull capicity and therefore a larger brain.Is this an advantage? Most of the time no there are other problems that can be associated with this condition. However that is not always so and some people with the condition function quite normaly.
Again, where does it say "improved brain capacity" like you originally claimed?

Like I said, these conditions don't make for a great leader... much less something to be emulated.
edit on 17-1-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think ATS may have hit a nerve....

Here is a link to a recent article just sent to me by another member.
Enjoy

These Ancient Elongated Skulls Are NOT HUMAN

Are you ready to be confronted with evidence that will directly contradict the version of “world history” that you were taught in school? In recent years, hundreds of extremely bizarre skulls have been discovered all over the planet. Scientific tests that have been conducted on some of them conclusively prove that these ancient elongated skulls are NOT HUMAN. Many people are not able to accept what you are about to see because it is too radical for them.

But the truth is that ancient texts have been telling us about these “hybrid beings” for thousands of years. There are even some ancient Indian traditions that claim that these creatures were in North America before the Indians were. In fact, there is even one ancient Indian tradition about a war between a tribe of Indians and a race of red-haired cannibalistic giants. The Bible refers to these hybrids as “the Nephilim”, and as time goes by the evidence keeps piling up that they were very, very real.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Macrocephaly is a rare condition in which the head is abnormally large. Spaces between the bones of the head that hold the brain, known as fontanels, are very wide in people with macrocephaly. Compare macrocephaly to microcephaly, which is a rare condition in which the head is abnormally small.

LARGE DOES THE HEAD HOW HAVE TO BE TO QUALIFY AS MACROCEPHALY?

Technically, any head in which the skull is able to hold more than 1450 milliliters qualifies as macrocephaly. A milliliter is one thousandth of a liter, meaning that it takes one thousand milliliters to equal one liter. One liter is equal to about one fourth of a gallon. Now that you know how much is in a liter, you can tell that a milliliter is a very small amount of liquid. The normal range for the amount of milliliters that can fit in the skull is 1350 to 1450 milliliters. Heads in this range are known as mesocephalic.

Apparently y'all can't read.

The head of an individual with macrocephaly is two or more standard deviations above the average head size of a normal individual that is the same age, race, and sex. A standard deviation is a measure of the degree in which something varies from the average. Not all people have the exact same head sizes. However, most people's head sizes fall within a normal range. The normal range is typically defined as falling within one standard deviation below the average and one standard deviation above the average. The more standard deviations away from the average that something gets, the more abnormal it is.

Is this easy enough to understand?

CAN SOME PEOPLE WITH MACROCEPHALY HAVE BIG HEADS AND BRAINS BUT BE OTHERWISE NORMAL?

Yes. There are a small percentage of people who have large heads and large brains, but are normal in all other ways. These people tend to come from families of people with large heads, and in these cases the condition appears to be inherited.

Hmmmmm,much like the heretic king and his family.

The source for these quotes are in the second link in my last post,which you clearly didn't read or I wouldn't have had to post them here.Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I watched the videos and followed the links. How reliable is this source? They make alot of claims.

The DNA evidence is easily verifiable. I would like to see the DNA fully sequenced, to determine just how far from human it deviates. The 200 and something allels that are not contained in the human data base are quite interesting.

I think that there is more to the native american legends than the mainstream allows. I have always believed that at the center of every legend, there resides a kernal of truth.

I do wonder about their claims that the Smithsonian people show up at digs and confiscate the bones and artifacts when these "giants" are found.I have to wonder about the reasons for this. Like how the government has forbidden anyone to explore the area of the Grand Canyon where there is supposedly ancient egyptian artifacts.Why the big coverup? What do they have to lose here?
edit on 1/18/2014 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

lonegurkha

CAN SOME PEOPLE WITH MACROCEPHALY HAVE BIG HEADS AND BRAINS BUT BE OTHERWISE NORMAL?

Yes. There are a small percentage of people who have large heads and large brains, but are normal in all other ways. These people tend to come from families of people with large heads, and in these cases the condition appears to be inherited.

Hmmmmm,much like the heretic king and his family.

The source for these quotes are in the second link in my last post,which you clearly didn't read or I wouldn't have had to post them here.Have a nice day.

"normal in all other ways" does not equate to "improved" anything.

Show me where it says some macrocephalic humans are an "improvement" or have an "advantage."
edit on 18-1-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I cant speak to the veracity of that source however it's good to know people are now talking about the subject again.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

lonegurkha
Why the big coverup? What do they have to lose here?

Quite literally everything. Confidence in our trained professionals would plummet. I mean laymen for decades if not centuries have been saying this so what happens if they were made to eat crow? Churches are based off a monotheistic platform, if this changes, the consequences are completely unknown. Maybe a loss in "faith" maybe a loss in the idea of hierarchies, who knows. I'll tell you what though, if little ol me has this sneaking suspicion that there is way more concerning our past than we are being told and we are not being told to better the position of a small group of people over me and those I love, I would be none to happy.....

edit on 18-1-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join