It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Peru. The Enigma...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

well.. in one of the videos, the anatomy expert is stating that the one partial skelleton is not that of a human, due to the jaw, skull and rib cage (which has 10 ribs, instead of 6)

I did watch the videos. I might be inclined to believe the anatomy expert, but obviously our academia are not. That skeleton should be a paradigm changing find. Yet there has been little fanfare about it. Either academia are ignoring it for obvious reasons. OR...it is human, and just has severe deformations. The problem is, I don't know which. Nor do I know for sure we have skulls that have not been banded. That's why my question mark in the first post.

This could be solved easily if the skulls we have were tested transparently and honestly. I don't see that happening any time soon, considering these skulls have been around a long time, and no academia wants to touch them with a ten foot pole. lol.

It's a shame the status quo is more important than getting to the truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

SLAYER69

bigfatfurrytexan
ETA: I wonder what the "glacial dam flood" event would have looked like in central and south america?

Stay tuned...

The Andes also had a larger than normal amount of snow and ice once upon a time. The deal there is lining up when that melted and when 'Man' first settled in the location to have been affected by it.

I have often wondered if the stepped sides on the mountains could indicate the farming practices of a people going through a rapid rise in the mountain elevation of the Andes

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Slayer I too believe that there is more to these skulls then what has been presented by other communities. I'm one who tends to believe that there has been alien life on our planet in the ancient past and these skulls in my estimation point to that. I don't have time to check out the videos but that will be on my list of things to do this evening and I look forward to it.

Here are some of my thoughts on the subject. If it was a deformity wouldn't we be seeing that in more recent skulls? If was modification why are there skulls of children fully formed with the extended skull, wouldn't it have to be done over many years not just a few? The human skull continues to grow for approximately 30 yrs. I would think that if not formed continually during the 30 yr growth span that it would probably take on a more rounded shape. I'm not an expert by any means but these are some of the questions that I don't seem to find answers for. Maybe in some of the videos you've posted these subjects will be addresssed?

SnF and a thank you for this well put together thread as always Slayer you deliver... good work!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Brilliant, intriguing as per usual. Re: head-binding - who/what is being copied/emulated, why do it? Seems to me there are superior 'mental' qualities associated with this skull shape, and originally, head-binding was more about reproducing the associated qualities than the superficial aesthetics. [I'm thinking telepathy etc.] The question is, Did it work?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Great thread I really enjoyed it..It's so interesting ancient mythology. It always facinated me ancient monuments and old cities, I wish we would dedicate more resorces to finding more info. I always have to question, did aliens actually visit earth or not..How did hitler get soo technology advanced?? Like the Bell really got me interested and how some high up scientists just "disappeared"
I wish I had more money to be lucky to visit some of these places. I think some of these ancient cities is just facinating how they built their homes, with the tools they had..they're just so crafted to near perfect. S&F
edit on 15-1-2014 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maltese5Rhino

It is known that some of the skulls were on display in the Archaeological Museum in Valletta. However, after 1985 all the skulls that had been found in the Hypogeum, along with other elongated skulls found across multiple ancient sites in Malta, disappeared without a trace, and have never been recovered.

Funny how controversial finds have a tendency to disappear "without a trace", isn't it?

Interesting...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wow this is one of the best threads I have ever read on the subjection!
My personal opinion on the subject was that they were trying to replicate something they saw, maybe aliens. Though I am kind of biased towards the alien thing. I may have missed it, but they have found these in different parts of the world and not just one location correct?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I did watch the videos. I might be inclined to believe the anatomy expert, but obviously our academia are not. That skeleton should be a paradigm changing find. Yet there has been little fanfare about it. Either academia are ignoring it for obvious reasons. OR...it is human, and just has severe deformations. The problem is, I don't know which. Nor do I know for sure we have skulls that have not been banded. That's why my question mark in the first post.

This could be solved easily if the skulls we have were tested transparently and honestly. I don't see that happening any time soon, considering these skulls have been around a long time, and no academia wants to touch them with a ten foot pole. lol.

First, I say we drop the referrence to " academia ". That way we can lay this
obvious lack of interest, that amounts to a willingness to deceive and uphold
a certain paradigm, right at the feet of where it belongs. Seance I mean, SCIENCE!

This is what I've been writing about since I came to ATS. How can any scientist,
academic or even skeptic, argue from a scientific point of view and expect to be
taken seriously? in the face of total bias and obvious corruption ? They are willing
not to explore, because they are afraid of something. And I believe we can trace
fear. So I say follow the fear. I doubt that I will be surprized where it leads.

Good post Klass, but why be nice? Science is
ignoring this because it's an obviouys hybrid
that the Smithsonian didn't get it's paws on.
Science to me has become a haven for every
foul bird.

Great thread as always SnF

Oh and have the sutchers been addressed yet ?
I noticed several members were missed when they asked.
edit on 15-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I think we have a very real mystery to solve here. On the one hand we have Academia grudgingly coming to terms that 'Man' has been in the New World for a very long time and that it wasn't all just a few racial types coming over the Bering Strait during the last Ice age. Then on the other hand, We have the church that seems to have been strangely silent about all these odd findings not just in Peru and not even regarding the elongated skulls. I've heard all kinds of arguments by 'Religious' types explaining Neanderthal etc. None really make much sense. *No offense* Did they originally come to the new world from the old?

I think these guys are way ahead of us on the research side of things on where we came from, and i dont think they are going to share some how! Great thread.

shop.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 15-1-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

SLAYER69

I've been wanting to post a thread on these skulls for quite some time but wanted to present a different perspective and take on the topic. All too often it simply deteriorates into two camps. On the one side we have the 'Aliens' did it crowd which is always countered by the 'Head Binding THE END' crowd.

And then there is the possibility of a third crowd that might simply say that on our Earth there have been several types of humans in the past eg those 3 foot tall midgets found in Java, why could there not have been a tall group of humans with bigger brain then others?

Those skulls have teeth, and we know that ancient DNA can be extracted from the interior of the tooth so why don't we do it?
edit on 15-1-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Am I wrong or am I hearing either an English or Australian accent coming out of TeeJay's mouth in the video? Check how "adventure" is pronounced "advencha" in her first couple of sentences. Why would she try to cover up her native accent? Frankly, I'd listen to her speak until her voice gave out but I wonder about these things.

Whether or not the elongation of the skull was created after birth or not I've also wondered whether or not the head deformation affected the brain function by enhancing intelligence in some way or another?

edit on 15-1-2014 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2014 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Slayer:

Well done.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is the kind of thread that catches my attention.

Interesting Pictures and Videos that went together perfectly.

edit on 15/1/2014 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
very good stuff..
the "Coneheads" seem to be one of those ignored topics that we ought to be able to get to the bottom of.. unless maybe we arent supposed to?

Recently Lloyd Pye passed away, but he was trying to get real DNA work done on an anomalous skull known as the "star child" skull..

search if you like but I'll at least drop a link.

starchild project

im not saying that the skull "really is" an alien hybrid, but it sure is interesting. of course anyone who looks into this stuff is a "crank" and i expect someone will show up b4 too long to call Lloyd a woo-woo...

the truth is there are scandals a plenty regarding old wierd bones..

Ahknaten(sp) and Nefertiti were depicted with strange skulls, (as were their kids) i think the Egyptian style headress makes sense if you consider that the ruling class may not have "looked like" the class being ruled. that hat hides most of the variation.. and then of course it becomes a fashion among the little people to try and look like the "gods"

Thanks again for a good read, I'm "into" this topic and i had not seen some of those photos or videos.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Consider all that you have to risen to and fell to now imagine it has a diameter of height. The elongated heads coincide with the notion of multi connection to these realms for a more perceived reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Nice thread ... wealth of info on long skulled folks, distilled into easy to digest bits (not of skull, though, but info... to be clear).

The anatomy "expert" (really a bureaucrat with some anatomy classes... but not exactly a layman) was interesting in regards to that one skeleton... and gee-whiz, the hobbits in Indonesia, Denovians... possible little (tiny) fellows in Mexico and Chile' (and from a cave in Wyoming) red haired giants and cone heads from the Americas and world... and this is actually stuff with a physical presence that hasn't been lost to posterity (yet).

That's a scad of anomalous humans to look into. DNA testing is getting cheaper and who knows what we'll find. Nifty.

The world is getting downright crowded... and just think how many more kinds of humans racists can look down on, now ... "Long-skull lover" (lifts hood and spits tobacco juice into corner, picks nose).

Sigh.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

A favorite topic that I haven't delved into in far too long so thanks as always for putting this together. Do you now of any endocranial casts done of any of the elongated skulls? I'm curious as to what differences there may be in cranial capacity. Two thoughts I have on these skulls.

First is that depending on the mother and the size of the birth canal, skull deformities like this are not uncommon even today. However because of the extreme malleability of an infants skull at birth most ob/gyn's are able to reshape the skull to within normal parameters. Is it possible that a young mother or mothers, delivered a child or children where this occurred, possibly a relic of inbreeding that caused an issue which led to this type of delivery. We have seen similar aspects in Ptolemaic Egypt though not to this extent. Perhaps this child whether of status or not did something to warrant imitation and we end up with skull binding in later instances. Just roll with it for a minute because I'm spitballing outside the box.

secondly, Ive got another even farther outside my normal bounds of reality hypothesis. What if some of the very ancient dates at sites like Hueyatlaco turned out to be accurate? Lets say that there were hominids in the Americas 125,000 years ago. These people would have become geographically isolated as the glaciers progressed not only in the Arctic but in Patagonia and the Andes as well.perhaps there is an adaptation associated with this type of skull, yet to be found, that helped them to survive and adjust to the thinner atmosphere and less oxygen rich environment up in the Andes. It is not outside the realm of possibility nor the tenets of biological science or evolution that an isolated group of H. Erectus or Denisova for example, could have developed in such a fashion and as newer N. East Asian populations moved in began to adapt a more current morphology with some holdovers attempting to emulate their past. Again, just random speculation on my part but was trying to think of scenarios that didn't involve aliens or Giorgio Tsoukalakis hair.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

soficrow
Re: head-binding - who/what is being copied/emulated, why do it?

I'm really not convinced anything is being emulated. Human beings have a proclivity for modifying their bodies all kinds of funky ways, just for the hell of it. The easiest way to do it is by growing hair or shaving. Then comes tattoos. People all over the world love tattoos. Then you get into the other things like piercing, scarification, head or foot binding, or stretching out whatever skin can be stretched into various shapes. What kind of alien is this person trying to emulate?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Blue Shift

What kind of alien is this person trying to emulate?

The Ant People. He turned his lip into mandibles.

edit on 15-1-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think Brien Foerster has done some brilliant reaearch into these skulls.
Along with the strange structures he`s found...I think there`s enough proof to tell us that
there must have been civilizations on this planet that were wiped out by some type of catastrophic event.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join