It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive chemical "device" in Colorado High School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No news yet if this is something done by a student, terrorist or just random. Just interesting it has moved from guns to explosives here in Colorado. I will be watching to see how this develops but I would guess just another unhappy student who didn't get their way. The T.V> reports seems to be a bit different than this article, but as it is just now coming in..

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. — SkyView Academy in Highlands Ranch was evacuated and four people were taken to a hospital Tuesday after a chemical incident at the school.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Littleton Fire Department and South Metro Fire Department all responded to the school after a chemical device went off, deputies said in a post online.

Link to story

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They are saying that 9 people checked out, 4 sent to hospital. Not confirmed if its malicious or accidental but a "chemical explosive"? Is that a fire extinguisher exploded or an actual bomb? From video being released it
Looks like a pretty calm evacuation.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Maybe something from chemistry class?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Probably some prepubescent kids axe spray that went off while trying to cover up his stench. I don't get why Colorado of all states keeps having this happen. It's beautiful. We have places like Nebraska(which sucks IMO) where people get weirder than Steve Buschemy and nothing happens there.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So where are all of the false flag comments?
Oh, it isn't about guns......

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
All you need is some toilet bowl cleaner(not saying which one), some aluminum foil, and a 2 L plastic bottle to make a "chemical bomb". To be young and dumb again...
Nebraska isn't all that bad. Try Kansas or Oklahoma if you want boring. REALLY weird stuff goes on in Kansas 0_O

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

Turns out someone dropped a GMO salad on the cafeteria floor.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

I laughed when AXE body spray was mentioned. That stuff used to set off the smoke detectors in my school back when it was popular.

Common High School hijinks are soda bottle bombs that are now classified as 'IEDs'. This incident could be as benign as a Drain-O and aluminum foil, or vinegar and baking soda 'bomb'.

Granted making one is still dangerous, but not as much so as an actual pipe bomb.

Luckily it wasn't transmission/brake fluid and a chlorine tablet for a pool: Tranmission/Brake Fluid & Chlorine PDF

or a chlorine tablet and bleach: Chlorine and Ammonia
edit on 14-1-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Jefferton
So where are all of the false flag comments?
Oh, it isn't about guns......

Definitely a false flag.

They are testing for reactions and response.

A bigger *Test* will come later.

Chemical detectors will be installed at doorways and windows.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hr2burn
They are saying that 9 people checked out, 4 sent to hospital. Not confirmed if its malicious or accidental but a "chemical explosive"? Is that a fire extinguisher exploded or an actual bomb? From video being released it
Looks like a pretty calm evacuation.

Just about every explosive that I can think of involves chemicals.

Even a sugar bomb involves the chemical 'sugar'.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

There was another chemical device used last year around this time. Ironically enough, the name of that school was Skyview as well. Kind of weird that both Skyviews had chemical attacks in the month of January but a year apart. Makes me wonder if today's Skyview chemical device user is a copy cat.

www.katu.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

the owlbear
All you need is some toilet bowl cleaner(not saying which one), some aluminum foil, and a 2 L plastic bottle to make a "chemical bomb". To be young and dumb again...
Nebraska isn't all that bad. Try Kansas or Oklahoma if you want boring. REALLY weird stuff goes on in Kansas 0_O

Oklahoma has a lot more going on than Nebraska and Kansas combined. But Nebraska is fine. All Colorado has is mountains, really. The Denver area is pretty godawful really as far as crime and disaffected freaks go. I have friends from the Littleton area, and they can attest to that.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I know this isn't much of an answer but, they are saying it WAS NOT an accident. I am still very curious what the chemical component was. Classes are cancelled for tomorrow as investigations continue. That is very interesting that this school had a very similar situation before, I will have to read up.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by Hr2burn

There was another chemical device used last year around this time. Ironically enough, the name of that school was Skyview as well. Kind of weird that both Skyviews had chemical attacks in the month of January but a year apart. Makes me wonder if today's Skyview chemical device user is a copy cat.

www.katu.com...

That is strange, I'm not claiming conspiracy but yeah, two Skyviews with similar circumstances. I had to read it twice to get that it was indeed talking about Washington.

top topics

join