It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real ID still on the way. Warnings going out to states to comply.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I honestly had not though about Real ID for awhile and decided to Google it. It is still coming. Anyone who has better info please provide Links...This has not been talked about too much since 2010. This link is an update as of Dec.20 2013.

REAL ID Enforcement Update

Dec. 20, 2013 | The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that phased in enforcement of the REAL ID Act will begin on Jan. 20, 2014. This announcement follows a nearly year-long period of deferred enforcement. The REAL ID Act aims to create national standards for state issued driver’s licenses and identification cards so they may be used to board commercial aircraft and access certain federal facilities.

DHS plans to implement REAL ID enforcement over four phases, with each phase consisting of two distinct deadlines. The first deadline will begin a three-month “warning” period where noncompliant IDs will still be accepted. Following this three-month period, full enforcement of the phase will begin, and IDs from noncompliant states will no longer be accepted for federal purposes as defined in the act.

www.ncsl.org...

I decided to add more links....Wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

Real Nightmare....the problems with Real ID...interesting.....
www.realnightmare.org...
edit on 14-1-2014 by kurthall because: added

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

So it's not some Chip? Under the skin?

The REAL ID Act aims to create national standards for state issued driver’s licenses and identification cards so they may be used to board commercial aircraft and access certain federal facilities.

Well.... I'm not looking forward to the trip to the DMV, that's for sure....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hmmm. what the heck is a real ID. I think they are trying to give those who like to do identity theft a challenge to keep them busy.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Someone needs to ask these people if illegal immigrants will be required to have one of these ID's.

If they say yes then the cards have no value since its not securing anything.
If they say no then they undermine their position when it comes to ID's, elections and what not.

Ironic that they will sue states that require people to show Id before voting while at the same time restricting access to federal facilities unless they have an ID.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
From what I've seen. all flavours of ID can be cloned, even the - under the skin type!

Just imagine, you've been chipped under the skin, and someone else has cloned your chip! Everything they do will be blamed on you!
edit on 14-1-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Someone needs to ask these people if illegal immigrants will be required to have one of these ID's.

If they say yes then the cards have no value since its not securing anything.
If they say no then they undermine their position when it comes to ID's, elections and what not.

Ironic that they will sue states that require people to show Id before voting while at the same time restricting access to federal facilities unless they have an ID.

I was wondering the same thing about Illegals, apparently this ID is to help identify them. Now the problem I see with this is...They are going to start letting them LEGALLY drive here in California, so how the hell is this going to work I have no Idea. It will probably end up being a cluster BLEEP.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

and we wonder why DHS has been buying coffins and ammo. I dont see anything good coming from this

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

kurthall
I was wondering the same thing about Illegals, apparently this ID is to help identify them.

Why not just use gold stars? That worked out oh so well in the past and since we ignore history we might as well repeat it.

kurthall
Now the problem I see with this is...They are going to start letting them LEGALLY drive here in California, so how the hell is this going to work I have no Idea. It will probably end up being a cluster BLEEP.

Even better California is looking at legislation that would apply all of Obamacare to illegal immigrants.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

rickymouse
Hmmm. what the heck is a real ID. I think they are trying to give those who like to do identity theft a challenge to keep them busy.

In essence all Americans hold dual citizenship.

You are a citizen of the state you reside in and if travel outside of the United States you are a US citizen. Driver's license have been used for official documents / travel for forever. The "real id" is nothing more than a federal ID using a clever name so as not to freak people out by telling them they must have a federal ID.

The feds passed the real id act, applied it to the states, and gave the states some time to implement it.

The real id is nothing more than a federal ID that is being snuck in under the radar by claiming its a more secure state ID.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Look how these federal conglomerate agencies are starting to really put the hammer down, kind of like Thor does..

Everything they do now feels like punishment or enslavement, or assault, or.. you get the idea.. Perhaps the politicians who got this passed, should be targeted for extreme retribution. This ID act is great for citizens, but not necessary for illegals, at least this is what Obama and Eric Holder keep saying.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

This announcement follows a nearly year-long period of deferred enforcement.

hmmm...not sure where they're getting their info .. but this REAL ID act has been stalled since 2009..which was suppose to implemented in 2010.. I remember this because where I was employed at the time and had a lengthy discussion with a friend of mine across the cube from me..

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I gave you the source....www.ncsl.org...

That is a official website. Yes it was put on hold to give states more time. It was never cancelled.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

kurthall
reply to post by Komodo

That is a official website. Yes it was put on hold to give states more time. It was never cancelled.

Here in Illinois ( yuck) they got an extension until October of this year. Problem is.. here at our mil base and the fed court house etc, no one knows when this will come through or IF it will be extended again. They DO have the option of another extension. Contractors wonder if their base creds will be enough or is it base creds PLUS real ID to enter the base itself.. PLUS certain DHS/NAC/Fed areas on and off base that they are working for/with. Hopefully it wont be a DMV trip. Thats a nightmare on the best of days.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

kurthall
reply to post by Komodo

right ...

as I said.. stalled.. not canceled

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

alienreality
Look how these federal conglomerate agencies are starting to really put the hammer down, kind of like Thor does..

Everything they do now feels like punishment or enslavement, or assault, or.. you get the idea.. Perhaps the politicians who got this passed, should be targeted for extreme retribution. This ID act is great for citizens, but not necessary for illegals, at least this is what Obama and Eric Holder keep saying.

I am curious about something....

Are members of Congress going to be required to show these ID's when they try and enter Congressional grounds? After all, without the ID you aren't suppose to be able to enter a federal facility. What about the President / V. President / Cabinet members? Supreme Court Justices? Federal judges?

I still don't understand their mentality on this... If you are an illegal you can illegally vote in our election because we cant ask for ID to prove citizenship yet its ok to bar people from a Public Building (State / Federal buildings) unless they show ID.

I want that question posed to members of Congress followed up with "which of your 2 faces would you like to answer that question with?"
edit on 18-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hello. I just found out yesterday that I'm not Real ID compliant. I didn't know what this meant, but my son's birthday was yesterday and he informed me that when he went to renew his DL in Florida he was informed that he was not Real ID compliant. He had to go home, scrounge around for various documents like his Birth Certificate, and other forms of ID. I told him he was misinformed because he had already had his DL and there was no need to prove who he was all over again. That is when he told me about Real ID. I think my jaw dropped for a good hour after reading up on it.

I don't understand how/why we have to jump through hoops to prove our identities when TPTB already know who we are? The other issue is that I just renewed my DL last month and it does NOT have a gold star, so I'm not Real ID compliant, but the state of FL never told me about this new protocol for our ID's. Do I have to go back in and pay another $56 to get a Real ID? Isn't this their fault? Do I want a Real ID? I know for flying I will need to have this, but is it really necessary? Does anyone know if I were to get pulled over would I be in trouble for not having a 'valid' ID?

I'd rather not have the marked ID if I can get away with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Nothing putting your ID card in the microwave for a split second can't solve. Get the going gets tech-savvy, the tech-savvy start working.

new topics

top topics

join