It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how could the jurors have aquitted the Kelly Thomas killer cops?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I didn't see it posted but Ramos and Cissonelli just walked.

How? Where do they get the jurors?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Care to expand on your opening post, just a little bit?

There will be people here who simply have not heard much about this subject, so providing background is crucial to communicating your point effectively!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Juries are highly vetted, almost manipulated to influence a certain verdict. Then the D.A. can choose not to even try the case as was the case with one of the officers involved.

I could be on jury duty and explain "Jury Nullification" to fellow jurors, and be charged with jury tampering, but then the jury choosing is as flagrant a tampering of the jury as any. A trial by jury is not supposed to consider the law per se, as the jurors are not trained in law.

The jurors trust in authority is considered, jurors who are not trusting of the legal system itself are frequently eliminated.

Those thugs got off because of stupid jurors who followed the instructions of the judge, never knowing or caring that a judge instructing juries to decide according to the law or whatever, is ILLEGAL, see?, they ignorantly think this authority tard is the guy who is right, and has the right to decide another's fate, or allow an obviously guilty party to walk free.

After all, it goes to jury when you are trying to avoid prosecution for a crime you didn't commit by a trial of your peers, problem being that most of your peers are not your peers, they're just stupid people who have no clue of how the system actually works, making it easy for the system to work the whole deal in it's own favor.

The legal system is a goddamned joke, like the medical industry and any other people supposedly "need".

Unarmed resistance to being assaulted should not be a death sentence, even if the assailants are authority clowns.

But then there is the aspect of disdain for homeless people, a thing many people are guilty of out of nothing but their own fear of being in the same position if they were to become seriously ill, get into an accident or not be able to work for whatever reason

Never mind the cops have endless public funds to pay attorneys to get away with murder, it happens every stinking day.

The biggest criminals of all are always those who have control of the system, any system.

edit on 14-1-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: hb

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Well the way the TPTB usually work it is too overcharge ..like instead of manslaughter ,,they charge them for murder & they get off

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

How?
Because your country is a facsist police state hiding behind the veneer of a "free country."
That is how.
Its not just the USA either-a lot of so called free countries are going the same way I am sad to say.

edit on 14/1/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Because our Government is CORRUPT from Top to Bottom.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

SANTA ANA, California (Reuters) - Two former policemen were acquitted on Monday in the 2011 beating and stun-gun death of a mentally-ill California homeless man that touched off street protests and political upheaval in the Los Angeles suburb of Fullerton.

Ex-California policemen acquitted in beating death of homeless man Reuters By Dana Feldman 10 hours ago

The confrontation between six Fullerton police officers and Thomas was captured by a surveillance camera at the bus station and led to demonstrations in the community, as well as the ouster of three city council members in a recall election. On the videotape, Ramos is seen strapping gloves on his hands, balling them into fists in Thomas's face and telling Thomas, whom he knew from previous encounters: "You see these fists? They are getting ready to f--- you up." Near the end of the tape, Thomas can be heard screaming for help as police officers swarm over him, delivering multiple blows and shocks with a stun gun. At one point he can be heard calling for his father to help him, yelling: "Daddy, they're killing me."

Justice ?
"Daddy, they're killing me."

edit on 14-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner
Juries are highly vetted, almost manipulated to influence a certain verdict. Then the D.A. can choose not to even try the case as was the case with one of the officers involved.

I could be on jury duty and explain "Jury Nullification" to fellow jurors, and be charged with jury tampering, but then the jury choosing is as flagrant a tampering of the jury as any. A trial by jury is not supposed to consider the law per se, as the jurors are not trained in law.

The jurors trust in authority is considered, jurors who are not trusting of the legal system itself are frequently eliminated.

Those thugs got off because of stupid jurors who followed the instructions of the judge, never knowing or caring that a judge instructing juries to decide according to the law or whatever, is ILLEGAL, see?, they ignorantly think this authority tard is the guy who is right, and has the right to decide another's fate, or allow an obviously guilty party to walk free.

After all, it goes to jury when you are trying to avoid prosecution for a crime you didn't commit by a trial of your peers, problem being that most of your peers are not your peers, they're just stupid people who have no clue of how the system actually works, making it easy for the system to work the whole deal in it's own favor.

The legal system is a goddamned joke, like the medical industry and any other people supposedly "need".

Unarmed resistance to being assaulted should not be a death sentence, even if the assailants are authority clowns.

But then there is the aspect of disdain for homeless people, a thing many people are guilty of out of nothing but their own fear of being in the same position if they were to become seriously ill, get into an accident or not be able to work for whatever reason

Never mind the cops have endless public funds to pay attorneys to get away with murder, it happens every stinking day.

The biggest criminals of all are always those who have control of the system, any system.

edit on 14-1-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: hb

I agree so entirely with everything you just said....

I think I love you, man!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Silcone Synapse

How?
Because your country is a facsist police state hiding behind the veneer of a "free country."
That is how.
Its not just the USA either-a lot of so called free countries are going the same way I am sad to say.

edit on 14/1/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added.

SHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm watching "Dancing with the Stars"....and isn't the SuperBowl coming up soon?

Where's my flag...I need to wave it proudly while I pound my chest freely with both hands and my big toes....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's sad cases like this should be open and shut with the video and shouldn't have ended like it did. Just goes to show if you got enough pull and money you can get out of just about anything it seems.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
One simple sentence explains it all.
Anyone who works in law enforcement, has the authorty to break the law to enforce the law.
Law enforcement is amune from prosecution granted them by the city, the county, the state and the federal gov.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here's the footage- including the brutal beating that killed Kelly Thomas
(warning- *****graphic****)

Even when the writing is on the wall, for the whole world to see, there is no justice in the "justice system". Given the police state in which we are living, and how effective the State has been in brainwashing and/or terrorizing the general public, I cannot say I am all that surprised by the verdict.

what is it going to take before people stand up and say
Enough is enough.
???

edit on 14-1-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

ltinycdancerg
what is it going to take before people stand up and say
Enough is enough.
???

Sad fact is people won't, it does not come down to not wanting to but a lack of understanding how to and how not to get in to trouble doing so. So many laws have been passed that can be used to prevent anything that might look like a protest or any large gathering of people that don't share the views of the court system.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
there was 2 lawyers on the jury, 3 people with different master degrees, not dumb people. What they are is filthy scum, and i hope they die a horrible death themselves.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
They got off because they didnt do anything wrong.

Their attorney said this was key to their defense:

"These peace officers were doing their job. They had no malice in their heart," said John Barnett, an attorney for Ramos.

See that? Doing their job. They didnt do anything wrong. They did everything right. They were doing their job.

Keep that in mind next time officer friendly waves hello at you or just happens to pull into traffic right behind you.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The problem is the DA did not want them to be guilty. I'm just speculating, but I bet the DA and the cops in question knew each other.
If there was proper prosecution, justice may have been served.
I saw some court transcripts earlier, it did not seem like the DA was trying very hard.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by o0oTOPCATo0o

Of course the D.A. wasn't trying very hard, they generally try real hard not to prosecute their own, all those guys are on the same team.

And so what if the guy died of a supposed undiagnosed heart condition, I don't suppose they took into consideration that getting the snot stomped out of you could cause such a condition to manifest itself, and then the medical examiner is part of the same team too, who knows if that was even really the case at all.

The legal system is one of the most corrupt things that exists, a monopoly on violence is what they enjoy, and simply being forced to wear handcuffs or being put in a cage are acts of violence.

Examples need to be made, and probably will when the hopelessness factor begins to take it's toll on more people here.

How do we demand that things are looked into more closely?, you make those kind of noises and end up like the victim or in a cage, harassed into shutting up.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Only "GANG" I remain afraid of, and where I live we have a few at war with each other, Is the "GANG" dressed in blue and no not the Crips either. I'm speaking of the "GANG" members our taxes pay for, the "GANG" members that can do as they please, assault the very people that pay there way, kill without consequences. The "GANG" easily identifiable, they wear uniforms that say "POLICE" they have weapons that no other should posses, jump to conclusions and hide behind each other and lie profusely even in the event of conclusive evidence.

I personally know I will take my chances with any criminal anyday of the week, before I would call one of the JACK BOOT thugs that pass themselves off as peace officers, in my mind thry garner no more worth than the filth they supposedly seek to protect us from.

Let it be known to all LEO's you public perception is at an all time low, and only the good among you can change that, and I would soon because if it really hits the fan there's more of us then there is of you, and pretty sure that's not a spot decision your gonna wanna make just saying!!!!

The State or Province may sign your check but in the end its the public that decides weather you deserve it or not, and god forbid we ever think its high time to change how our taxes are spent on our "PUBLIC SERVANTS"

SaneThinking

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
They have started the protests this afternoon.
www.ustream.tv...

So far it looks fairly peaceful but that's the way a lot of ugly scenes start out.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Gee, just wait until TPTB realize that an awful lot of people actually have time to go and protest these types of events because many are underemployed / unemployed and actually have the time to go make noise.

Gee, just wait until those underemployed / unemployed realize they actually have the time to protest now.

I suppose it'll not happen like that until they take free TV off of the air completely in order to sell useless crap and meaningless entertainment, then people won't have anything to keep them entertained but going for a walk or actually sleeping and other healthy activities.

TPTB are their own worst enemy, and they are woefully outnumbered, but there are other forms of protest which will work better...

Like biting the bullet and not participating in anything beyond a survival level.

Try it, less is more, you all just may not come back, I won't.

Get Un-Addicted.

new topics

top topics

join