It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small white humanoid creatures that glow.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

worldwatcher
I always think of "children of the forest" type creatures when I read of these stories, something along the lines of fairy folk, pixies, elves etc , that live either underground or in deep forests and are occasionally seen by people.

Yes Pixies I would think!

They are often described as ill-clothed or naked.[15] In 1890, William Crossing noted a pixie's preference for bits of finery: "Indeed, a sort of weakness for finery exists among them, and a piece of ribbon appears to be... highly prized by them."[16]

In traditional regional lore, pixies are generally benign, mischievous, short of stature and attractively childlike; they are fond of dancing and gather outdoors in huge numbers to dance or sometimes wrestle, through the night, demonstrating parallels with the Cornish plen-an-gwary and Breton Fest Noz (Cornish: troyl) folk celebrations originating in the medieval period.

Interesting bit here!

Closely associated with tin mining in Cornwall are the subterranean ancestral knockers.

Before the mid-19th century, pixies and fairies were taken seriously in much of Cornwall and Devon. Books devoted to the homely beliefs of the peasantry are filled with incidents of pixie manifestations. Some locales are named for the pixies associated with them. In Devon, near Challacombe, a group of rocks are named for the pixies said to dwell there. At Trevose Head in Cornwall 600 pixies were said to have gathered dancing and laughing in a circle that had appeared upon the turf

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RammerJammer

They sound very creepy! The pointy heads is interesting.......makes me think of lawn gnomes (discussing, sort of, on another thread), and the pointed hats. So, evil little gremlin things with pointed heads? Do any of the family members still live in the same area? I would be curious as to when these were last seen!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Huh........ Some kind of evidence would make this somewhat interesting but..

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

RammerJammer
reply to post by ColeYounger

There are a lot of abandoned natural gas oil rigs in the area. Did they have cone shaped heads too? The way the guy described them playing is very similar to the accounts of my parents and great grandmother. They were playing much faster than normal children would play, with a lot of jumping around.

I know my mother said the reason the she thought they were evil was a gut feeling.

Personally, I think one should trust such feelings! We can know things spiritually that we can't prove with anything concrete. Plus, virtually all of the "little people" stories, whether it be elves, gnomes, leprechauns, etc., are always tinged with some unfriendly behavior! I think they are all the same thing, and that they are far from nice. Same phenomenon, wearing whatever face fits the superstitions of the times, to mislead people.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

HardCorps

sounds to me like Kowi Anukasha

you say it (ko-wih ah-nuh-kah-shah)

Their name literally means "forest dwellers."

Go read this Choctaw little people story

it fits with a lot of what your telling us

Now that reminds me of the stuff n some of the "Missing 411" stories! Creepy reading for late at night! Too many of the mythical creatures in various places take people to be a coincidence.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

When your great grandmother said other people saw them, did she mean other people near by or just in your family. If so maybe there are people in the area you could ask. Maybe get more info that way

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think it's a White Pikmin...lol

Seriously tho, this is a fun subject as I am a believer. THIS type of situation is why I find smartphones usefull. If something like this was to happen today (near people of course), someone would either take a picture or video of it immediately, and post it on Facebook/youtube/etc.

Great post, thanks for sharing, wish you'd have a drawing of them but eh!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Interesting story, I love stories like this.

I've heard or read a similar one, the thing about small, glowing humanoids is familiar to me but I can't for the life of me remember where or when I heard this.

Intriguing, you should check that place out and see what you find, maybe take some pictures for us if you can, would be nice - although I understand you might not be able to...or might not want to.

I'd genuinely love to see something like that, but would no doubt want to forget such an encounter if I did.

Flag, anyway...good thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wow. Very interesting story. Kinda creepy. Makes the fact worse that I live in Alabama near a church myself.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

My question would be why is this creepy to you? I find it interesting not creepy.

They sound quite cute and harmless actually.

Come to that OP, why do you think your parents assumed these entities were evil? By your story, they didn't attack, weren't menacing or harmful...and sounded like they were much more afraid of your parents by them turning tail and running off when they arrived at the church.

Did they do anything to your parents that would be thought of as an evil action?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Looooove stories like this. Thanks for an interesting little read!

I have no idea what they may have been. This may be unrelated but a friend of mine who i was close with at the time (still am good friends) said she say 3 white blobs floating in the garden opposite her own. They moved around each other then climbed/floated up the wall of the opposite house. The burglar alarm light up and they were gone.

Now i know you said creatures and not "blobs" but that's how she described what she saw.

It SO interests me that these things happen. We know so little of what is truly out there!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

LadyGreenEyes

They sound very creepy! The pointy heads is interesting.......makes me think of lawn gnomes (discussing, sort of, on another thread), and the pointed hats. So, evil little gremlin things with pointed heads? Do any of the family members still live in the same area? I would be curious as to when these were last seen!

My family owned most of the land in the area for decades. When this happend not many people lived in the area. When my great grandmother passed away in the 90's, family members fought over all the land. So everything was sold so that the money could be divided equally. No one lives in the area and there are a lot more houses in the area now.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

samerulesapply
Interesting story, I love stories like this.

I've heard or read a similar one, the thing about small, glowing humanoids is familiar to me but I can't for the life of me remember where or when I heard this.

Intriguing, you should check that place out and see what you find, maybe take some pictures for us if you can, would be nice - although I understand you might not be able to...or might not want to.

I'd genuinely love to see something like that, but would no doubt want to forget such an encounter if I did.

Flag, anyway...good thread.

I don't live in the area. I run two business and own one. I don't have time for a vacation. Work every day. The last few times I went to the area it was to take people to a spot very near to where this happened. There is a valley with a 90ft waterfall. With a large cave behind the waterfall. I've found arrowheads in that cave.

Here is a link I found to some pics of the area and waterfall
www.cahabariver.net...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

My mother said she just had a feeling and from the noises they were making that she thought they were evil. Now my other great grandmother that saw them said they were going into a neighbors house. Guess she thought they were up to no good.

Also, most of these people are extremely religious. Anything unexplainable would be either angelic or demonic.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

They remind me of Nordic species of aliens. They are similar in that they are a glowing white color. They are quite tall however and have long white hair. Their children are small and grow but are reported to be thin and taller than other kids. You won't see children without an adult being there however.

These beings can be reported dangerous to humans but are reported benevolent and here to hurt us. Possible it is species like them that pose no danger.

The Bot

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

RammerJammer

LadyGreenEyes

My family owned most of the land in the area for decades. When this happend not many people lived in the area. When my great grandmother passed away in the 90's, family members fought over all the land. So everything was sold so that the money could be divided equally. No one lives in the area and there are a lot more houses in the area now.

So, no way to know if they are still around or not! I wonder, though, if there is a connection between them and the oil wells. Seems when there is something that delves underground, weird things show up. Even old folklore talks of odd beings living underground. Maybe the digging/drilling disturbs them.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Reading your description of the high pitched laughter coming from the late night children , reminded me of my experience I had in the forrest areas outside of Stockholme back in 1979 when we lived there . We had a hut on a small property and it was during my sleep that I could hear these childlikelaughter noises coming from outside , but I was asleep . So in my subtle body I got up to see who making all this noise like playing children and that same high pitched sound .
Later on when I told my Swedish friends they said they were ghosts as the forrests were full of them and the American ;leader of the group told his foloowers that he could see them .
I thinking that maybe he was eating those magic mushrooms

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

RammerJammer
reply to post by ColeYounger

There are a lot of abandoned natural gas oil rigs in the area. Did they have cone shaped heads too? The way the guy described them playing is very similar to the accounts of my parents and great grandmother. They were playing much faster than normal children would play, with a lot of jumping around.

I know my mother said the reason the she thought they were evil was a gut feeling.

Sounds a lot like the feeling people get when they see the "greys" that come for them at night. Maybe these were greys who just wanted some time out of their ships? Exercise maybe??
edit on 16-1-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of something my now 14 year old son experienced when he was younger.

My son was staying with his father on the Central Coast in NSW Australia (we have a share care arrangement).
He was brushing his hair for school in front of the large mirror on his wardrobe door. The mirror was positioned so that it reflected his bedroom window.

He said he saw and heard what he described as children playing, laughing and screaming outside his bedroom window'. My son said they were playing soccer though he did not see a ball.
The children were all white (opaque so he assumed they were ghosts) with silver outlines and he could only see them when he was looking in the mirror. When he would turn around and look out his 'window' he couldn't see or hear the children. This went on for about 12 months while my son was attending school from his father's house.

The situation progressed where the children would tell my son to come out and play with them. My son said he wasn't scared because they were just kids and he would ignore them, until one day one of the white children came in through his window and touched him on his shoulder telling him to come outside and play.
My son said he was so afraid because he didn't think they could/would touch him. He said it felt like the child's hand went into his shoulder somehow, but there was no pain. My son said he never looked in the mirror again.

Interestingly, when I asked my other younger son (now 11 years old) if he had seen the children too, he said "I used to see them but I didn't want to, so now I don't see them anymore".

My older son has seen a number of other apparitions and had some strange experiences.
edit on 17-1-2014 by WriterBee because: the word 'window' keeps disappearing from my post..

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I have had something similar like this happen. I shared rent with my brother at a 2 bedroom split design house in the early 90's and we both did construction. One night we were awoke about 2 am or so by what sounded like children playing tapping the windows to our bedrooms.

He and I both woke up and came out of our respective bedrooms meeting in the living room. He said did you hear that I said yea. We both grabbed a weapon just in case I my 9mm and he a shotgun. I went out the front door and he went through the garage to the side yard we doubled around the house and ended up meeting each other in the back yard.

I asked him is he saw anything he said "no"

I did a once around the yard with the flashlight and nothing but when i shined the light at the window of my bedroom from the outside I could see small hand prints on the window as if a small child had been putting their whole hand on the window a bunch of times.

We both slept a bit uneasy the rest of that night I am sure and have never heard or experienced anything like it since...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join