It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Police State Queensland Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Although we in Australia are not descending into a police state as fast as some western nations the pace does seem to be accelerating.
In this latest vid the poor guy was filling up his bike at the petrol station when he was subjected to police harassment that beggars belief and bombarded with ridiculous questions like why are you wearing a vest and what was it made from , this particular set of questions has already gone viral over here and is being rightly ridiculed as depicted in the pics below the video.
Now Im all for cracking down on gang related violence but its fairly clear the law is being used way outside its intended purpose, the vid is 10 mins long but he was apparently subjected to this harassment for half an hour and had previously been pulled over for no apparent reason 21 times beforehand so its not like the coppers didn't know his story,if this dosnt wake the people up that something is seriously wrong with the current direction then I guess nothing will

www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...
Above link is another little gem the queensland govt is considering

Queensland " If you ride a motorcycle you're no longer welcome"

edit on 14-1-2014 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeah. I can believe it. I used to get pulled over on average 3-4 times a week in brisbane just because I had long hair and drove an old kingswood.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Cops apologized when they realized it wasn't a bikey club, but just a recreational riding club.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Oh they're such tough guys needing six cop cars for one dude. This will be happening Australia wide soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Heya.

While I support bike groups in the legal fight against the new laws, esp those curtailing freedom of association and dress given that current police power and laws are already wide and would easily encompass unlawful activity, I also have to consider as a taxpayer and a parent, that the actions of many Australian bike groups have been so disgusting, so off the wall fubar, that they have largely bought this on themselves.

This law and all its harassment etc, it's a dose of reality, it's also - life. You just cant run drugs, girls, weapons and stolen bike parts and off people in the foyers of public airports in front of children and civillians and not expect to get your dose of come back eventually. So although that group is not yours and you didn't do that crime or any crime perhaps to cause them to harass you, the reality is most people dont view it that way and they wont any time soon. They don't see an individual man fighting for his rights, or theirs, they only see 'bikers' collectively, and so the fear is managed that way as its the easiest way for gov to get control of and manipulate public opinion into giving them whatever they ask for in order to deal with the 'threat'. The reality is, the threat has always been there. I know that first hand.

It also has to be said, that 1%ers have escalated their public crime spree lately and given the infiltration of many older style 1%er MC's here by Lebanese and other o/seas gangs ( Something even the older smarter MC's say is becoming a problem!) not to mention the verifiable links to globally connected drug cartels, police are reacting as police do, more they have public backing because of the extremely public nature of these activities.

Shootings in public streets near families for instance, over three dozen gang related in Vic alone! These are things that cant as easily be hidden like sexual slave trade, extortion, drugs et al. Bikies have become the poster boys of organized crime now and regardless of how shortsighted that is for anyone who knows anything about strategic analysis and actual crime in Australia, "control" of this threat is what the public wants - right now. The gov is happy to be handed power to make special laws without a fight for it, and people happy to give it to them as they blindly go along not realizing the wider implications or long term cost to all of us.

Ive been a member of HOG a long time and I am an adoptee of a military vets 1%'er and the difference between how we were treated by police compared to other clubs was almost always directly related to our groups attitude in reply to them...then, we also didn't run drugs, kill rivals on the streets, force girls into hooking or get involved in weapons and stolen vehicle trades either. There is a direct correlation action/consequences.

So I am sorry that you were/are being harassed, as I am sorry when my suit wearing house-mate is harassed just for riding his cruiser to work too....but I accept as well that it is a natural if not knee jerk reaction to serious and deadly crimes becoming more and more blatant, ones the MC networks refuse to address or claim responsibility for - and they do need to grow some and grow up and start there- by taking responsibility, if they want these laws to ever be reviewed.

When the law was first announced as under planning I wrote to twitter " first they came for the bikers'...I do get it..and I am in that part of this fight along side every group, as I do know the cost of giving ANYONE this type of power to impose this way on civil liberties, I just wont and can't ignore whats on top of it either and I am p*ssed off to hell and back that these clubs have the hide to cry foul now, when by their own actions, they have opened the door for it.

Ro.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

boncho
Cops apologized when they realized it wasn't a bikey club, but just a recreational riding club.

Agro did a great job enlisting the media too, was excellent and imo, that's just how the unfair/risk to us all angle has to be taken to the public. If they/police are going to distort the risk by using media and reliance on sheeplethink, then that's the best way to claw back some sanity.

edit on 14-1-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Cool motto - "With honour we serve"...

They should make themselves a patch for the leathers they need to roll with ...

Too much Guys !

Eta: Good to see my good friends up Nth. Are being well 'served'. That much transport and manpower at an instant !

Now that's impressive ! Just imagine how safe you would be in say - an armed hold up or home invasion !

You guys must get great sleep !

edit on 14-1-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
well considering the police are just one big armed gang of course they will need to reduce their competition...(australia...= a trial usa)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

boncho

The cops apologized because the video went viral , there was no other reason.
He had been pulled over 21 times previously they would have known who he was after a minute or so.
The point is he was doing nothing but filling the bike up , they didn't need to have that many officers there for that long,in my book that's harassment plain and simple.
Another example of the govt using a crisis to implement laws that take away freedoms to keep us safe

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

He had been pulled over 21 times previously they would have known who he was after a minute or so.
The point is he was doing nothing but filling the bike up , they didn't need to have that many officers there for that long,in my book that's harassment plain and simple.
Another example of the govt using a crisis to implement laws that take away freedoms to keep us safe

Yes, basically they have said it's illegal to be a bikie in QLD. Deeming all Bikie's criminal organizations.

I can't believe a few of the conditions within the newer law actually.
edit on 14-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Speaking of intimidation - what's with the appearance of 'heavily equipped - Dark Blue Man' ?

D.B.M. Just moved in and all stood there like well trained Alsatians ! ( Next level !? )

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
When the female copper told him to stop filming its lucky that he knew his rights, because if cops had told me that I cant film them then I probably would've stopped.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

boncho

Yes, basically they have said it's illegal to be a bikie in QLD. Deeming all Bikie's criminal organizations.

I can't believe a few of the conditions within the newer law actually.
edit on 14-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

I put a link in the OP that's says a politician from Queensland wants everyone with a tattoo to get them registered
www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...
this reflects the slide towards a full blown police state that most western countries are on
The Australian Govt is taking a softer approach then say the US and the UK but the final destination will be the same.
The sad thing is laws were already in place that could have dealt with this

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I live in Oz and think this is just shameful. No crime anywhere and yet the wasted resources just for a traffic stop with no cause except he rides a bike. This type of police behaviour needs to be challenged in court. It's a disgrace.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Rosha
So I am sorry that you were/are being harassed, as I am sorry when my suit wearing house-mate is harassed just for riding his cruiser to work too....but I accept as well that it is a natural if not knee jerk reaction to serious and deadly crimes becoming more and more blatant, ones the MC networks refuse to address or claim responsibility for - and they do need to grow some and grow up and start there- by taking responsibility, if they want these laws to ever be reviewed.

Apparently they intend to repeal the laws in 3 years. I can't see them giving up this power though.

Bikie laws may be scrapped by 2016: Newman

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I put a link in the OP that's says a politician from Queensland wants everyone with a tattoo to get them registered

Tattoo registry is hilarious. Even more so, that the officer in the video had his own. So would it apply to everyone?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Clive Palmer is calling for the repeal of all Newman Laws. We will wait with interest ...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

haha, yeah

for no apparent reason the police have pulled him over 21 times...
as such he has no respect for police.

... do we really believe he did nothing to provoke 21 visits by police, who I'm sure have a crap load more important things to be looking into.

this '' poor guy '' isn't some nice young worker with a family..

police - "what are you wearing?''
poor guy - ''Jeans Shirt and a vest''

Do we want to talk about the new bikie laws that have passed?
theconversation.com...

his vest clearly has bikie patches. .. sorry '' a social motorcycle club '' as he puts it.

Australia is far from a police state.. we're the most laid back and relaxed place on this planet.
I have no problems police cracking down on bikies, drug dealers, young gangs who roam the street bashing people up.

edit on 14-1-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
so this is harassment? Being an Aussie is not that bad it seems.

btw I miss a selfie of the guy with his harassers.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Another person snared by the stupidly thought out, overly heavy handed VLAD laws...I think my favourite story so far is the one related to the part of VLAD that says you aren't allowed to ride bikes in groups of 3 or more. Three guys on bikes ended up next to each other at an intersection because the lights turned red. Despite the fact on of them was elderly, handicapped and riding a moped, all three got pulled over by police and questioned...because there's so many AK47 weilding, human trafficking grandpas riding electric scooters running around QLD gunning down random pedestrians.....

<<   2 >>

join