It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Policeman shoots and kills a man at a movie theater in Florida over texting / noise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I read about this in the Metro this morning on the way to work. The weird thing is the article didn't mention anything about the suspect being a retired police officer.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

The Metro (I assume you mean the London Metro?) is printed quite early on in the morning, so perhaps all the details weren't available at the time. For what it's worth, it didn't appear on the BBC at all until a few hours ago.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

People are getting very tired of basic discourtesy. You can't be rude to other people without expecting consequences, however extreme.

This man reached his limit for BS. I wouldn't do what he did, but I certainly understand it.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Only in America

Or maybe North Korea.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I can only assume that the murderer just flipped his lid, that the altercation was nothing more than a trigger for a much deeper rage, held over from something else. Perhaps that is why the death is being treated as a second degree affair. With as little detail to go on as we have, it is hard to imagine how a judge could do anything but hurl the book, the gavel, the robe, and the engine block of his car at the bastard.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
reply to post by phinubian

This has less to do with gun rights and more to do with police officers used to getting away with doing whatever they like.

I couldn't agree more.

Yet, it will be touted that this is a prime case for gun control. How surely he was a sane individual, who merely lost his temper, and this is why all guns should be outlawed, as surely if a "former police officer" lost his temper, nobody is exempt from this possibility...and therefore nobody should have a gun.

Hell, look at Sean Penn.

Charlize Theron convinces Penn to give up guns...to create "art"...

Because, you know, emotions like this lead to sane decisions.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I wonder if PA will reconsider giving that mentally ill cop his gun? PA trooper not sane enough to carry off-duty

Police are several times more likely to commit a crime than non-police carriers.
Police are several times more likely to participate in domestic violence toward their children or partners than non-police.
Police are several times more likely to suffer PTSD and emotional instability than non-police.
Police are several times more likely to self-medicate and suffer substance dependencies than non-police.
Police use of steroids has not only been ignored but widely encouraged since at least the 1970's.

The Rapist and the Cop (figures come from police friendly sources and police organizations)

Nobody should surprised when a cop does bad. By the numbers being a cop makes the person far more likely to do bad than any random on the street.
edit on 14-1-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'm kind of surprised that no body is commenting on the fact that this could have been avoided, by what is being reported. The old man left the theater, believed to be getting the manager, but couldn't find one.

This should have never happened. Period. The man was wrong and obviously snapped.

But can someone please answer me this?
Who texts a 3 year old? She must be extremely gifted I guess.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

crazyewok
Only in America

Or maybe North Korea.

Yepp, cuz yer safe in the UK.

Oh, wait a second...let's look at violent crime rates in the UK...

UK Office for National Statistics

So, it would seem....that violence doesn't HAVE to include a gun...merely....the will to commit the crime.

Hmmmm. Interesting. So, outlaw knives. Then rolling pins and cricket bats. And then rocks. Hey, footballs are just somewhat softer rocks, so lets outlaw those too. What about bricks? They can kill...

But wait...LOAVES OF BREAD are BRICK SHAPED!!!

Shouldn't there be a law?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I am pretty sure that is the correct charge. first degree is for when it's a preplanned thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

WTF?

Im sorry but yeah the UK has it problems.

But we dont have police randomly shooting people every other day like they are judge jury and exceutioner.

Being a typical yanky doodle you cant read and missed the whole point as at no point in my post did I say BAN GUNS. By the looks of it its not the guns that are the problem in the USA but the nut jobs behind them. Please tell me were I said ban guns? Please? Honnestly of the adverage American cant read or handle simple points like you Im surprised you even know what end the bullet comes out of.

Anyway yeah I feel alot safer in the UK, yeah I run bigger risk of getting into a drunken fight but at least I will walk away from that unlike a encounter with one of your YAHOO cops playing cowboy.

Stupid Yanks. Lets all the smart Americans down.
edit on 14-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Things such as this happen because people don't respect others much anymore. The phone in the movies is a good example. It doesn't deserve being shot though but asking people to stop doesn't work either.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Who texts a 3 year old? She must be extremely gifted I guess.

Just part of annoying other people because it seems cute to the parents. They probably save screen caps and paste them into her baby book.

I find it sad that some people need to be on the phone nearly every minute of the day, People walling though stores shopping, talking on the phone. While driving. While walking down the street.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Try arguing with any cop and see how violently inclined they ALL are.. Seriously, I have tested this theory and they get real riled since most of them figure they have the power and righteousness of God. They do die from bullets though.

This is the wild west once again.. like when John Wesley Hardin, so mean, he once shot a man just for snoring too loud.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
How can this have happened?
1. There was a sign at the movie theater that said guns aren't allowed.
2. Clearly being an ex police officer he had background checks done , just like the Navy yard gunman.

Condolences to the families involved. If the ex cop gets sentenced to prison, I wonder if they put him on suicide watch.
edit on 12131America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jan 2014 08:12:29 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

roadgravel
Things such as this happen because people don't respect others much anymore. The phone in the movies is a good example. It doesn't deserve being shot though but asking people to stop doesn't work either.

Thing is, the Movie wasn't even on! It was the damned Previews! Who want's to watch them? I always arrive 20 minutes late for a film just to avoid them...

There is no justification for even hitting someone over this, much less killing them.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

TKDRL

I am pretty sure that is the correct charge. first degree is for when it's a preplanned thing.

Hmmmm.... Perhaps, but that is flimsy. 1st Degree murders don't have to be planned and his only defence would he that he felt his life was in danger, which it clearly wasn't. This is, quite simply, a cold blooded murder and a total disregard for human life.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

chiefsmom
I'm kind of surprised that no body is commenting on the fact that this could have been avoided, by what is being reported. The old man left the theater, believed to be getting the manager, but couldn't find one.

That's why I think this should be 1st degree. He left the Theatre to find a manger to resolve it, couldn't find one so, apparently, decided to take the law into his own hands.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

stumason

roadgravel

Thing is, the Movie wasn't even on! It was the damned Previews! Who want's to watch them? I always arrive 20 minutes late for a film just to avoid them...

There is no justification for even hitting someone over this, much less killing them.

I agree, that's why I said he didn't deserve being shot. It may be a sign of people getting fed up with those who don't care much about others. Many in the world are getting quite self centered.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
They took him into custody, but look at the pictures, he is walking towards a police car on his own? wtsp.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join