It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl XLVIII 2014

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionaryawareness

So Revo how does todays game fit in to the nfl being rigged stance? I see you are capable of following a game so it does entertain you. And i'm sure you have seen the intensity that the players play at. Unless you just listen to games, but i imagine you've seen one or two on the ole boob tube before.
You did get the team right, but it wasn't really the game people are looking for in the playoffs. I'm sure a chunk of viewers tuned out at the 20-3 point.The ones that just watch playoff football, but that is viewers the network would want. That's new money, me and you are repeats. And pats didn't close the gap till late 4th and even then failed to make it the one possession game they needed. Refs kept the flags in their pocket, denver didn't get whole lot of first by penalty. Which is good to see, that's how it should be played.

Go niners!
edit on thSun, 19 Jan 2014 17:06:51 -0600America/Chicago120145180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

Not a big Niners fan but I did enjoy it when they beat Green Bay.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

beezzer

Not a big Niners fan but I did enjoy it when they beat Green Bay.

Hum.. so is your team out of the nfc north or west?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I'm a Bears fan. So I'm a perennial loser!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Figured it must of been outta the pack division only niners and nfc north fans don't like green bay it seems like. Dont much care for the bears either since the niners met them in i wanna say 03 or 02 is was muchi era for sure. Good game, just the image of mike brown making a interception to end the game as the niners were driven.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Wookiep
I predict Denver & Seattle. At least that is what I hope for... GO DENVER!!!

Did I call it or what??? Awesome!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Wookiep

Wookiep
I predict Denver & Seattle. At least that is what I hope for... GO DENVER!!!

Did I call it or what??? Awesome!

Denver better win then...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Try being a Raiders fan

edit on 19-1-2014 by buckwhizzle because: Damn ipad

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Painful loss, congrats to seahawks. Let's hope for a rematch for the NFC next year. SF still has all the weapons to return to the Super Bowl in its new stadium. Now its San Francisco Giants time.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Seahawks all the way!!!!!!
I really can't see Denver's D holding us back.
It will be a battle of two great qb's.....

I guess we will see in NY .

My prediction is 26-18 Seahawks.
Beast mode!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

llmacgregor
Seahawks all the way!!!!!!
I really can't see Denver's D holding us back.

The good news for Denver is that this is the myth most people are buying about their defense. I'd be rather happy to see Seattle actually believe this as well. The Broncos have lost a lot of good players on D due to injuries but have held back top ranked teams quite well regardless. They did it today against Brady and NE, and they did it last week against Rivers and San Diego.

We'll see how well Seattle prepares. It will be a good one, looking forward to it!

edit on 19-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What do you all think about Seahawk fans throwing food at Bowman as he was carted off the field? I didn't realize this happened since I was listening via radio. I checked comments from fans on ESPN, and they said 49er fans would have done the same thing to an injured hawk player. The comment had 50 something likes. Do you agree?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Meh, classless act that happens. All it takes is one guy to throw the first thing and then it snowballs from there. Seattle fans prob just took the whole 12th man thing out of control. I'd like to say niners fans wouldn't do the same but look at the track record the stick has. They can't even play the radiers in pre seaosn any more because there was a stabbing and a shooting the last time they played

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Yea, I'd like to think we wouldn't but Ive been to about 10 Stick games and always see multiple fights/arrests. Reminds me of the SF Giants fan who threw a banana at Adam Jones of Baltimore lol! ESPN Fan Throws Banana

As for the Super Bowl, Shermans post game rant turned most of America into Broncos fans. Still could see Manning throwing picks, getting sacked, pressured into bad passes etc. Peyton can't run like Kap. Im going with the Seahawks to win by 10 points or more.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

revolutionaryawareness

Yea, I'd like to think we wouldn't but Ive been to about 10 Stick games and always see multiple fights/arrests. Reminds me of the SF Giants fan who threw a banana at Adam Jones of Baltimore lol! ESPN Fan Throws Banana

As for the Super Bowl, Shermans post game rant turned most of America into Broncos fans. Still could see Manning throwing picks, getting sacked, pressured into bad passes etc. Peyton can't run like Kap. Im going with the Seahawks to win by 10 points or more.

Omg that was the worst possible ending, his head EXPLODED. Turns and does the choke sign to kap, it was a decent throw. Sherman was out of position and, i mean it was a good play, he just got his hand back the ball takes a seahawk deflection.
Thought there was time yet tho, 2 timeouts and just under a minute and take the shot? And to throw shermans way to boot...
Oh well always next year, go broncos.

Hawks got problems on the road, you can't do as simple of a d as the do at home. Less 3 man coverage which means less pass rush. Denver gets ball going and let peyton do the rest. I think it is broncos defense game to lose tho. If they show up and keep the hawks under 20, i say broncos by 7

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I also have my alternate theory since this is a conspiracy forum lol. They want manning to go out as one of the best qb's ever, so they rigged the Seattle /SF matchup. I've now seen all the blown calls not called in SF's favor, and question if it was fixed. Especially that roughing the kicker non call that eventually led to a Hawk TD. Thats not the only fishy call.
Bad Call 1
I'll try and find more vids. I'm actually downloading the whole game in HD right now and will make a video if I can compile enough evidence.

Not taking anything away from a good game, but Seattle may be being set up to fail vs Denver. Watch Manning retire if he wins. Then next year Kap has a record year in running + passing, wins NFC then 1st Super Bowl in his new stadium.
I love writing predictions
edit on 21-1-2014 by revolutionaryawareness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

O man the roughing the kicker.... How do they miss that? Simple rule, you hit the plant leg, its 15... And ya there was a couple more. I'll buy into letting peyton get one more ring, especially with all the papa johns stuff he does as well and they are huge in NFL now.
And the bowman fumble... that will lead to a rule change. Ended up same, if not better result tho off the next play.
edit on stTue, 21 Jan 2014 03:56:19 -0600America/Chicago120141980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I think Manning did a interview with Will Ferrell anchorman style during the playoffs. Kinda flashy. This super bowl has a Ray Lewis retirement vibe to it. And they chose the small market hawks to beat up on, instead of their large market 49er money maker.

When it comes to games being fixed, this short video put forth some damn good evidence w/ the plays in question. The Redskins/Bucs game looks totally fake, 5 downs? Missed extra point to lose the game? Let me know if u watch it. All sports seemed to be fixed in the name of betting + entertainment value.

Youtube

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I am confused by that video.. Why would they rig it to give 5 downs to Washington (when they were losing by 7) only to rig it again to miss the extra point? (when they were losing by 1) This is a bad example of a rig job because if it were truly rigged Washington would have won. The Yankees game was a flubbed pop fly mis-catch, no way to prove anything there, really. The hockey game puck looked weird, but what does the conspiracy suggest? Radio controlled hockey pucks? The San Diego/Pitt game is just as inconsistent as the first example.. Ok, so San Diego was already losing then tries a last effort double lateral play where Polamalu intercepts and takes it back for a touchdown.. So they reverse it (the touchdown) and Pitt still wins by 1 point anyway. The only thing weird there is that they called it a forward pass, but San Diego lost regardless. How can anyone say it's rigged when San Diego lost regardless of the outcome of that play?

Sometimes I suspect sports are rigged as well so I'm just as open to it being a possibility as the next guy.. I even made a thread about it once due to a Raider game I felt was rigged ( and obviously I'm a Bronco fan, so it wasn't biased). It got shot down pretty quick by other ATS members. With that said, the video you showed gives very poor examples.

Oh, and here's the thread I once made about football being rigged -

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

First 2 didn't sway me any.... I've seen 5 down drives in blow outs, lack of communication in a hurried situation. The baseball play happens all to often in non crucial and if i subscribe to this theory I'd only say top paid athletes are in, not the case with that player. The puck..... is interesting... I have seen hockey pucks do some crazy things and I cant think of a way that that could be controlled and timed in such a way. I have an easier time with it took some kind of spin off quicks leg/stick and when it caught the ice it shot one way. The steelers bolts game is a questionable, espically the recording of him calling it a td after the review. It also goes against players being involved IMO, because of players known to go off game plan to make a play. And reactions like the one sherman had. But i do entirely see how vegas can take points off a game/add to it to prevent losing money. One of my old bosses was at the track when they fixed a photo finish to prevent like 5 people (apparently him included) trifecta. Or what ever it is called when you bet the top 3 correctly

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join