It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl XLVIII 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
4 Teams remain.
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
New England Patriots
Denver Broncos

I am one of "those people" that believe the NFL is rigged, so my matchup prediction came easy. You just base it off entertainment value + experience + popularity. Check this out:

As you can see, SF, Denver and New England have fans everywhere. Colin Kaepernick leads all NFL players in jersey sales. To me, SF is a lock to make the Super Bowl. NFL fans across the country will be glad to see the "loudest stadium in football" turn dead silent. It will make for great TV.

As for Denver vs New England, it wont matter who wins. Both teams wont be able to beat San Francisco or Seattle. The media has been all over the Patriots this year for the Aaron Hernandez murder story. It wont make for good wholesome family television if the Patriots then make the Super Bowl. Manning is elite, a good guy, great team, etc.

The Seattle Seahawks also officially banned California residents from buying tickets to their next game. Along with 43 other states. Classy.

Final Super Bowl Prediction: San Francisco 49ers vs Denver Broncos

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionaryawareness

Seattle Seahawks versus New England.
Seahawks take it all.
But it would be fun to see Manning pout as he loses in the Super Bowl as well.
If I ever have back surgery and have millions of dollars...I'm going to find a quiet warm place to spend my days and nights instead of sticking my hands on another guy's package in the cold for a couple more million and the chance of paralysis.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm going with the Patriots and 49ers. You've got New England covered, all six states. Plus the haters of the Patriots, the rest of the East Coast and some in the mid-west who root for them to lose from the Manning days at the Colts (and the newly pissed off Bronco fans). NY is the largest media market, they'll tune into to see them lose.

The 49ers cover California - the largest population in the US and another major media market in LA. Plus the layover audiences from other western states, except Washington with the Seahawks, will tune in as well.

This scenario cuts out the mid-west, but brings two major coastal markets together for a high viewership. And it's not like the mid-West won't tune in to see some Patriots bashing.
edit on 13-1-2014 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Pats V. Niners, Pats by a lot. Kaepernick will not look like he did last year.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'd like the Hawks to win. If your graphics are correct, I could easily see how certain teams could be "nuanced" into not going to the Superbowl. The big game is a huge revenue generating machine, with companies spending millions on advertising. The Superbowl is one of those sporting events that EVERYONE watches, even if they don't like football.

We'll have to see...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

If it is rigged...wouldn't increasing viewership in markets be a motivator? Selling a brand like Seattle that has not seen a Super Bowl Ring in a while? Denver won their share as did SF. SF was just there last year. The Pats are nearing the end of a long run as a dynasty. What better way to pass the torch than to a young team of unknowns much like New England was to Seattle? The Niners have headcases like Crabtree and Bouldin who need taken down a notch or two because their collective high horse is doing nothing for the game. Are they good? Yes. Are they fragile divas when they can't get to the ball because they didn't try. Yes. But then they catch the ball, you know, their JOB, and suddenly have the energy of ten men to jump around and trash talk the person defending them. This Karma backlash alone will cost them.
If everything would be real...I still don't know. It is better than the 80's. Or the NBA (Nuthin But Actors, pro wrasslin in basketball form).

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Good work with the graphics, but as facebook was the source, I'd bet the data is a little skewed by it's demographics. As for me I've been rootin' for the Seahawks since I old enough to walk, and this is the year. The map of 49er fans is a little bit misleading, it show with exception of the regional area around Carolina, that most of the nation is rootin' for the 49ers, as I was on Sunday and probably had most of the Seahawk fans looking for a grudge match. On the Seahawks vs Saints graphic it shows the same 49ern fans cheering on the Saints hoping they won't have to make a trip up north until next fall. With the other two graphics I think every one wanted a Brady vs Manning battle except for the colts and chargers fans.

Maybe it's just me, but the playoff are about grudge matches, rivalries and rootin' for some-one you loath to loose. Nothing would make me happier to see the Hawks put a smack down on Colin Kaepernick and his 49ers. Also I'd love to see another Brady and Manning match up while their both at the top of AFC. If I had to choose a favorite, I think it would be Brady loosing, he's such a bad sport about it, Manning is a little more classy but he still berates his own players on the field. Either way we'll get to watch both of 'em loose when the Hawks win.

As far as it being rigged, I'd like to think it wasn't, but after the last time the Hawks went to the Super Bowl it took a while before I could look at a game fairly again. I'll keep my glass half full and have comfort in knowing that Pall Allen is one of the richest men in America and could pull a little coin out of the sofa to buy a championship.

Oh yeah does anyone "Know what the Hawk says....."

[yvid]

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I could see a 49ers vs Pats matchup as well. Broncos are boring to me, but I figured they would give Manning a Super Bowl. As for Seattle, I can't see them driving in more TV ratings than the 9ers. Their stand out players are Wilson, Lynch, Harvin and Sherman. Compared to rooting for Kap, Gore, Bouldin, Crabtree, Davis, Willis, etc. Chart shows America is rooting for SF to make the SB. If Seattle goes, people will still watch but ratings will be way down.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

edit on thMon, 13 Jan 2014 19:42:47 -0600America/Chicago120144780 by Sremmos80 because: Reply to wrong poster

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Pro wrestling= fake
Pro football=real
Although pro wrestlers are tough mothers...
Any body that has played competitive sports knows that pro sports are real. You can tell a batter what's coming be he still has to hit it. Nobody would be using steroids if it did not give them an advantage either.
And it's broncos over 49ers!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

the owlbear

If it is rigged...wouldn't increasing viewership in markets be a motivator? Selling a brand like Seattle that has not seen a Super Bowl Ring in a while? Denver won their share as did SF. SF was just there last year. The Pats are nearing the end of a long run as a dynasty. What better way to pass the torch than to a young team of unknowns much like New England was to Seattle? The Niners have headcases like Crabtree and Bouldin who need taken down a notch or two because their collective high horse is doing nothing for the game. Are they good? Yes. Are they fragile divas when they can't get to the ball because they didn't try. Yes. But then they catch the ball, you know, their JOB, and suddenly have the energy of ten men to jump around and trash talk the person defending them. This Karma backlash alone will cost them.
If everything would be real...I still don't know. It is better than the 80's. Or the NBA (Nuthin But Actors, pro wrasslin in basketball form).

Lol so i assume you are going at the niners cause they are in the playoffs, can't see another reason one would go after crab and bouldin when such far better examples like Dez Bryant, Steve Smith (most recent example this weekend) DeShaun Jackson.. you know players that will go on camara and rip their team for not giving them the ball. And if you don't like them celebrating a big, or even one you may consider routine play then I don't get how you watch it all. Every player does it.. Shoot Hawks have the biggest offender of them all, Sherman. Heck of a player don't get me wrong, but does everything you pointed out about crab and bouldin. Its all a head game, if you play sports or have a competitive sense to you then I'm sure you done your share of bragging and talking a little trash

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter who plays, everybody is watching.

www.nielsen.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

It was Marvin Harrison all over again with that Niners game, though.
For being such ripped thugs, the two aforementioned receivers acted like preschoolers or Randy Moss when they couldn't pull in a well thrown pass.
And yeah, I did my time on the grid iron...iron man at times...my knee had a grinding sound last weekend that made the gf flinch while folding laundry.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

As far as it being rigged, I'd like to think it wasn't...
reply to post by MonkeyMentat

This is ATS and all, let's not forget: "'Abnormality' caused power outage"

The irony was that Super Bowl XLVII forever will be remembered for a period of darkness.

Source: espn.go.com...

revolutionaryawareness is on to something... it very well could be rigged considering what happened last year.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

As for my share of bragging or talking trash. No.
I was kicked out of two football games, though, junior and senior years of high school for fighting. Same team. They held me and the refs didn't give a damn so I took matters into my own hands and feet.
Actions speak louder than words, my friend

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

And you never mentioned the holding to the players that were holding you? Not one thing, like "your lucky the refs didn't call that" "Do it again and see what happens" Common phrase before a fight starts. Seems like you can relate to not getting a call that you feel should have been there. I bet the other team was saying the same thing you are about Crab and Bouldin at the time. And your right, actions do speak louder then words. So when that DB is holding your arm and you still make the catch. You get up and let him know about it.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

The power outage was b.s. Satanic halftime show, Harbaugh brothers on both teams etc. That game was dress rehearsal for this years game. The 49ers even stole Anquan Bouldin from the Ravens. Since that game, Kap is #1 in jersey sales. People may hate him but numbers don't lie. That squad is popular and fun to watch. Imagine Manning running for 98 yards vs Green Bay like Kapernick in freezing temps. Lol.This is a new era of football and only Seattle or SF will go all the way.

This was also Candlestick Parks last year. I know it's just a stadium but it does have history. A good farewell and ticket booster if SF wins a Super Bowl before going into a new stadium.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Eagles vs. Ravens; Eagles take it all, that's my prediction.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

revolutionaryawareness

The Seattle Seahawks also officially banned California residents from buying tickets to their next game. Along with 43 other states. Classy.

Attacking Seattle for doing something every other NFL team has been doing for a long time ,,,"thats class"

Broncos Ticket Sale

DENVER —DENVER — The Broncos have announced that a limited amount of single-game tickets for the AFC Championship Game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High against the New England Patriots will go on sale to the general public .

Tickets will be available only to those with a valid billing address in the Rocky Mountain region, including Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, South Dakota and Western Kansas

But your basic premise is correct ,,your maps make it clear,,,Having a Seattle team win would be bad for billion dollar business,,,...& who would complain if a few bad calls go against Seattle ,,, but have a bad call end up in Seattles favor and a National Emergency is declared
Bad call favors Seattle
edit on 14-1-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

49s and Broncs is a good bet in my opinion.. Good game as well..

Feelings of "rigged" football is multifaceted to me. In this day and age of electronic immediacy and multimillionaire athletes, one can hardly ignore the greed associated with the sport. If one can even call it a sport anymore.

I played high school and college football before going into the Marines and I played because I loved the sport. I was big, strong and fast, having been raised on country vittles and hard work. Back then I never considered going any further as my career goals were in another direction.. (That and I was not that good)

I wonder if it really makes any difference to the average sports fanatic whether the games are rigged or not? As long as they remain enjoyable, I doubt it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join