It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India hails polio-free 'milestone' - thanks to vaccines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

You do realize the oral polio vaccines are causing the polio virus to mutate and a small percentage of people taking it have been paralyzed?

Polio Surge In Nigeria After
Vaccine Virus Mutates
By MARIA CHENG, AP Medical Writer
www.rense.com...

Rense is, at best, and ill-informed idiot, and at worst a purveyor of lies.

In this case he is "just" an idiot.

Yes the live virus can cause illness - but only if the immunization programme isn't completed - !!

Here's the the study of what happened in Nigeria 2005-2010

The cVDPV outbreak in Nigeria exemplifies the risks accompanying low RI OPV coverage and underscores the need to balance poliovirus immunity to all serotypes in all populations. In countries and areas where tOPV3 coverage in RI programs remains low, achieving high coverage in SIAs using an appropriate mix of mOPVs, bOPV, and tOPV is essential to limit and ultimately stop all poliovirus circulation.

There were 315 cases in this outbreak - all of them avoidable, but that is over 5 years and still considerably fewer than the normal 500-1000 cases per year (see page 16) Nigeria used to suffer.

Pages 3-4 also note that circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 cases are an indication of low immunity levels - again eth answer to the vaccine derived virus is actually increasing immunity - not allowing thousands to contract the disease by not immunizing anyone!

In 2012 there were 0 reported cases in Nigeria.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

thedeadtruth
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

" I have forgotten more on the subject than you will ever know "

But was this knowledge put to action, or you all talk ?

Time to man up . Name one action you have taken against big pharma that made a tangible outcome for a third party not related to you.

Aka.... Not self serving.

I will not be baited by you shirtless man/boy....I answer to no one but God himself. And God....you are not

Yea. Just what I thought.

I am just a man asking another person a simple question. Asking you to back up your claims of benevolent knowledge.

But predictably I get a ....

" its none of your business. Just take my word for it. i am only answerable to a higher power, response" .......

The kind of answer we expect from the drug companies you hate. Birds of a flu , flock together indeed.
edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
To put it simply for any unbiased readers....

Both Big Pharma and Anti-Vacer quarters are unfortunately full of people are inherently evil in their own way. Just two sides of the same coin of greed, selfishness and self entitlement.

They will do anything to convince you not to ask the hard questions. Not only of them, but yourself.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

EDIT
In case you some day learn how to read Maria Cheng is a woman . . .

Are you sure you yourself do suffer from some sort of downs?
/EDIT

Rense didn't write the article . . . . it was a writer for the associated press.

The OPV had a living virus inside it which mutated, it is not the first time this has occurred and it is not limited to that area. Your ignorance and denial of facts is astounding.

Nigeria Sees Polio Outbreak from Mutated Vaccine Virus
www.pbs.org...

They also occurred in Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
This is not some F'ing conspiracy I just made up to hurt your feelings.

Shedding and Reversion of Oral Polio Vaccine Type 3 in Mexican Vaccinees: Comparison of Mutant Analysis by PCR and Enzyme Cleavage to a Real-Time PCR Assay▿
jcm.asm.org...

The transmission of these revertant strains leads to vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis (VAPP) (2).

Although many industrialized countries have adopted inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) into their immunization programs due to the risk of VAPP (7), several resource-poor nations cannot afford this policy change. Currently, the global VAPP burden is estimated to be 250 to 500 cases annually (14), with most cases occurring in resource-poor settings, and the risk of paralytic polio due to OPV will continue until as long as the oral vaccine is in use.

VDPV still mutates whether you believe it or not . . .

Prevalence of vaccine-derived polioviruses in the environment
jgv.sgmjournals.org...

www.cdc.gov...
You do realize that 'wild polio virus' cases are what have been reduced by 99% right? These stats do not include VAPP or the polio virus in the vaccine.

-FBB
edit on 14-1-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

EDIT2
BTW this really did happen

Some oral poliovirus vaccines were contaminated with infectious SV40 after 1961.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I am going to laugh so hard when you "debunk" this one.

There is a reason OPV is not administered in the developed world anymore.

Time for a Worldwide Shift from Oral Polio Vaccine to Inactivated Polio Vaccine
cid.oxfordjournals.org...

www.immunizationinfo.org...

However, about 1 out of 2.4 million doses of OPV distributed in the United States actually caused vaccine-associated paralytic polio (VAPP). In an effort to reduce this terrible side effect, a new polio vaccine schedule was recommended in 1997 (two doses of IPV followed by two doses of OPV). The new schedule decreased, but did not guarantee elimination, of vaccine-induced paralytic polio; so, effective in the year 2000, an all-IPV schedule was recommended, and OPV is no longer administered in the U.S. OPV continues to be used in countries where wild polio infections still occur.

Furthermore the CDC themselves want to vaccinate everyone as quickly as possible against wild polio and then stop ALL polio vaccination due to very serious concerns about even deadlier mutations.

Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and check as to whether you got the OPV or the IPV, in fact maybe you should head down to these poor areas and get a boost dose of the OPV just to make sure you are protected.

I am sure you are well aware that the duration of immunity is still unknown so getting tested as an adult would still be a good idea.
/EDIT2
edit on 14-1-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 202

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Rense hosting BS is what I was referring too - most of the stuff on his site isn't written by him, but he still supports it and is still and idiot.

There is nothing secret or unknown about the live virus mutation - it is mentioned all over ht medical literature on Polio, include the references I gave - which I guess you didn't read - you should try reading them - then perhaps you could try discussing the issues knowledgeably instead of throwing out stupid ad homs.

Except of course if you did read the links you would know that you have no argument - vaccines are eradicating polio - people who insist the vaccines are evil, or causing polio, or some NWO plot to kill us all are actually trying to keep polio alive!!

How do you justify to yourself wanting to NOT eradicate polio?? How does that work for you - I can't really imagine anyone thinking it is good for thousands of people to get sick and some of them to die - you can't really believe that is desirable can you??

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

Rense hosting BS is what I was referring too - most of the stuff on his site isn't written by him, but he still supports it and is still and idiot.

There is nothing secret or unknown about the live virus mutation - it is mentioned all over ht medical literature on Polio, include the references I gave - which I guess you didn't read - you should try reading them - then perhaps you could try discussing the issues knowledgeably instead of throwing out stupid ad homs.

Except of course if you did read the links you would know that you have no argument - vaccines are eradicating polio - people who insist the vaccines are evil, or causing polio, or some NWO plot to kill us all are actually trying to keep polio alive!!

How do you justify to yourself wanting to NOT eradicate polio?? How does that work for you - I can't really imagine anyone thinking it is good for thousands of people to get sick and some of them to die - you can't really believe that is desirable can you??

Prove that I ever said I did not want polio eradicated, please I would love to see you try.

I have read all of your articles believe it or not, it is just that you have not actually addressed any of what you presented of even demonstrated any sort of understanding of what you are talking about.

Please do try and locate anything indicating I don't wont polio or any other type of terrible disease eradicated, you will most likely at best find that I criticize the methods due to their inherent risks.

You are the kind of person who probably thinks the current swine or bird flu vaccination would protect you from a pandemic strain.

Cheers, I look forward to your evidence, otherwise you can merely apologize in a later post.

-FBB
edit on 14-1-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

What you seem to want is a fool proof, 100% safe way of fighting a very tricky foe. With variables none of us are smart enough to really comprehend.

i think your stand makes you sound unreasonable or uneducated . Because I know of no person possessing critical thinking talents that would even suggest such a thing is possible.

The thing is. No matter how much we like to debate such topics. We are eventually talking about some serious consequences to other peoples lives. Not necessarily effecting our privileged lives.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

thedeadtruth

" Guess what, I refused to get the flu shot this year because I am not convinced of its effectiveness at 'protecting' me based on the actual studies done on it."

Fair call. And all power to you.

But God help you if you are wrong. Because it would be unethical and the ultimate hypocrisy to allow medical treatment past identification of said virus. At that point you would isolate yourself and hope for the best. Right ?

...............................................................................................

So....if someone got in a car wreck and wasn't wearing a seat belt.....then same thing right.....just walk up and identify that they were in a car wreck and then walk away.....otherwise "hypocrisy".

The kinds of statements that you make above are so silly......nearly every reason we need to go to the hospital is because of some choice we made at some point.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

thedeadtruth

What you seem to want is a fool proof, 100% safe way of fighting a very tricky foe. With variables none of us are smart enough to really comprehend.

i think your stand makes you sound unreasonable or uneducated . Because I know of no person possessing critical thinking talents that would even suggest such a thing is possible.

The thing is. No matter how much we like to debate such topics. We are eventually talking about some serious consequences to other peoples lives. Not necessarily effecting our privileged lives.

Honestly you are the last person in this thread that should be calling someone unreasonable after reviewing your erratic behavior of calling to have everyone put on a list.

It is thinking about the issue short term vs long term.

Injecting tens of millions of people with a live virus that is thought to be weakened, if only 5% of those people had weak immune systems it would allow for a potentially more deadly mutation to spread. These sort of campaigns usually end up generating a more virulent strain. Then folks see the money that can be made and start fudging numbers and neglecting safety protocols which increases the risks even further.

Your statements earlier make it very clear that you know every single person on this planet is going to die someday and this is really an issue about quality of life.

The polio virus has been declared neutralized in this region and yet these OPV's are still being used when the WHO clearly stated that the risks of using OPV instead of the IPV in such cases in not worth the risk. There are several historical accounts worldwide of the OPV causing outbreaks after the initial wild stereotype has been suppressed which is what lead to the IPV being the standard in such regions.

As I stated constantly infecting people with the live virus increases the chance that it will adapt to infecting the nervous system or increasing its virulence in the intestines.

The situation is similar to penicillin resistant bacteria coming about from the overuse of the agent.

Essentially I am questioning why we are throwing lighter fluid on a fire that is dying down?

Also OP insinuates that all vaccines are the same and all are good. They clearly have not demonstrated knowledge that there are different types of vaccines so it is a good idea to at the very least educate people about this as they would most likely just hear, "Vaccine good" and think that all vaccines were the same and therefore good.

-FBB

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I agree with your concerns. But the fanatics and greed driven people are making the most noise on this topic. So forgive me if I mistook you for one of them.

To correct you ... The list comment. Was simply to demonstrate the moment you make people who like to discuss things in black or white. Choose sides. They all of a sudden don't want to be quoted and instead want to leave all options open. Just in case they need help from the people they slander and accuse of being evil.

Hard to respect that.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by thedeadtruth

My issue is. I have been to these places. And personal hygiene plays a huge part. But unfortunately forcing people to be hygienic would still bring about a cry of "Nazis and showers" etc.... I have seen areas cleaned up by volunteers that are cesspools one month later.

I too have seen the sanitation in many parts of India, or rather the absolutely, mind-numbingly astounding lack of it.

Literally...(forgive me if you're eating) MOUNTAINS of crap, piled upon yet more mountains of rotting, putrid years and decades old crap...topped off with small wooden hut's, not unlike an old wild West outside privvy in design, built upon 10, 20, 30 meter stilts poised above the mountains of crap...all out in the open air.

Add to that, people just defecating anywhere and everywhere, including the floors of their homes...and 'poor sanitation' doesn't even come remotely close to it.

And the answer to their disease problem is a shot in the arm is it?

Poppycock!

If the government is willing to hand over BILLIONS to pharmaceutical corps for the drugs to treat the disease, wouldn't you think it would make just a little more sense, in every possible way imaginable, to spend the vast sums of money on removing the mountains of crap and teaching the link between astoundingly disgusting hygiene practices and disease?

I mean, sure...the poor pharma shareholders have to eat..but even after the shots are dished out like sweeties, the people are still left to eat crap..literally..and sleep in it, walk around on it, their animals eat it and...you get the picture, you've been there right?

Excellent critical thinking skills...

Or to actually USE critical thinking...
Since the sanitation is so bad in parts of India it stands to reason that something needs to be done about the potential spread of disease doesn't it?
Which is more simple, fast and cost effective, vaccination or a complete sanitation infrastructure overhaul to accommodate over a billion people?
The vaccinations cost pennies and can be given comparatively quickly.
Building takes time and would probably cost billions of dollars.
Think about it, properly.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

And don't forget. Any clean up is temporary at best.

The next week you will find people sleeping together with livestock. Or cooking in the outhouse.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Up yours vaccine deniers.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
thinktwice.com... is a PDF discussing deaths of babies.... There are 131 accepted and listed ways a corner can list cause of death according to the CDC, WHO, and ICD... No where is there a listing for vaccine induced death.

21stcenturywire.com... s-today-how-vaccines-are-used-to-sterilize-the-masses

Author Jurriaan Maessan stumbled upon some very compelling and important research back in 2010 while digging through annual reports for the Rockefeller Foundation that conclusively prove that it funded numerous research projects into the development “anti-fertility” vaccines, with its origins in scientific research dating back to at least 1968, and with successful research conducted by at least 1988. There now exists several methods to sterilize both men and women by injection, as well as to terminate pregnancies and/or induce spontaneous abortions.

This is highly significant research because the Rockefeller family, dating back to oil baron John D. Rockefeller, has been on the cutting edge of financing Eugenics policy and research. Rockefeller and other primarily Anglo elites based in the U.S. East Coast and England fostered /festered a whole paradigm of social policy centered around the quack science that asserted that the superiority of some gene stocks over others was provable, while seeking various ways to reduce the populations of the “lesser” genetic groups of the world.

Worse, there is evidence that these anti-fertility vaccines – developed through Rockefeller-funded research – may have been used covertly used in several developing nations (for instance, in the Philippines), where women experienced loss of pregnancy after receiving tetanus shots – one of the main carriers for the Rockefeller-funded HcG anti-fertility vaccine.

explosivereports.com...

In its 1968 yearly report, the Rockefeller Foundation acknowledged funding the development of so-called “anti-fertility vaccines” and their implementation on a mass-scale. From page 51 onward we read:

The picture emerging from these facts is clear. The WHO, as a global coordinating body, has since the early 1970s continued the development of the Rockefeller-funded “anti-fertility vaccine”. What also is becoming clear, is that extensive research has been done to the delivery systems in which these anti-fertility components can be buried, such as regular anti-viral vaccines. It’s a mass-scale anti-fertilization programme with the aim of reducing the world’s population: a dream long cherished by the global elite.

Really is a good way to curb population growth.... Better than killing a few billion
Vaccines have saved countless lives; the problem today is the Internet, where people can find all kinds of articles both pro and con...... the anti-vaccine crowd has (in their mind) plenty of ammo to fight back... Myself I think it is criminal all the vaccines given to our children the first 5 years of their life..

some of the things we read makes you wonder who and why certain things are being pushed and what are some of the consequences....

I remember growing up people had faith in government and Farma... Now, not so much IMO....Just look at the whole GMO debate.

No answer here but I certainly question allot more than I used to.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is extraordinarily important news and the eradication of polio will benefit countless millions.

It is rather sad to observe that the anti-vaccine crowd cannot accept this news and still find some reason to disbelieve or belittle this life-changing development. First it was smallpox. Now polio. I read that malaria - a killer of countless millions - may be the next disease to be defeated by science and vaccinations.

Soon the anti-vaccine crowd may even feel that is safe to travel.

Regards

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

paraphi
This is extraordinarily important news and the eradication of polio will benefit countless millions.

It is rather sad to observe that the anti-vaccine crowd cannot accept this news and still find some reason to disbelieve or belittle this life-changing development. First it was smallpox. Now polio. I read that malaria - a killer of countless millions - may be the next disease to be defeated by science and vaccinations.

Soon the anti-vaccine crowd may even feel that is safe to travel.

Regards

. . . . Read the source material . . . The polio virus is not being eradicated . . . . Learn 2 science.

-FBB

(post by Corruption Exposed removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by 727Sky

Depopulation is a myth and eugenics has never existed in any society, according to Mrs. Gaul at least.

This is it, end of discussion, chicken bird chest is right about every thing....

Sup bird boy?

Did you really just say eugenics has never existed in any society?

Are they daft?

Eugenics in the United States
en.wikipedia.org...

Eugenics, the social movement claiming to improve the genetic features of human populations through selective breeding and sterilization,[1] based on the idea that it is possible to distinguish between superior and inferior elements of society,[2] played a significant role in the history and culture of the United States prior to its involvement in World War II.[3]

Eugenics was practised in the United States many years before eugenics programs in Nazi Germany[4] and U.S. programs provided much of the inspiration for the latter.[5][6][7] Stefan Kühl has documented the consensus between Nazi race policies and those of eugenicists in other countries, including the United States, and points out that eugenicists understood Nazi policies and measures as the realization of their goals and demands.[5]

You have got to be kidding me, has this site gone made with ignorance?

-FBB
edit on 25-1-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I was being so sarcastic, no joke.

I know eugenics exist, and that Gilly Gates and his billions of dollars contribute.

Sorry if my obvious sarcasm wasn't obvious.

Real talk, I hate all these vaccine pushers.

ETA: I am the one who starred you and agreed with you in this idiot thread.
edit on 1/25/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join