It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich and Corporations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along...and live EQUALLY!!!!!!!! You know what really pisses me off, aside from corporations constantly getting away with white collar crimes and getting bailed the F out, but these freakin' reality shows about rich assholes and them making even more money from the damn shows!!!! Fills me with rage every time I think about it. Oy vey....

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by FyreByrd

Food stamps themselves are corporate welfare. Even though people get food, the money goes right into the coffers of groceries and the corporate products they buy. People "on" food stamps in the U.S. have a card that they swipe, and any money changing hands is money deposited directly into corporate accounts.

I do know that, that's why they are in the farm bill. But they do, help people and stimulate the local economy. I would like to see food stamps separately mandated and taken out of the endless Big Agriculture hand outs.

Personally I'd like to see small farms and organic farms get subsidised - get some real food growing in this country again. Rebuild the soil, get rid of pesticied and herbicids.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

No #, that's why I stuck it in the corporate welfare list.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FeistyFemme

This is EXACTLY the reason I do not watch TV, sometimes when I have not done so for several months I will find myself somewhere there is a TV going, a friends house, the bar (I remember when there were none in almost all bars), a waiting room of a hospital or anyplace else...Anyway.

I feel different somehow when I watch TV for any length of time, or maybe it's just irritation from having some kind of sales pitch shoved in my face every eight minutes....

I dunno...I hate TV.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The article in question is very thin on details. It simply states that $6 billion has been given in unnamed "subsidies." Also, laughingly, it lists the home mortgage deduction, which is the largest single deduction given to homeowners with mortgages, i.e.: real people buying their houses on time, as a "corporate subsidy." One wonders who the hell came up with that one? Another laughable "subsidy" because some companies pay people the minimum wage their employees qualify for public assistance,, such as food stamps. This counts as a "public subsidy" of the corporations.

And, of course, there is the widely held belief that corporations get big "breaks" on corporate taxes. Here's a news flash: Taxing corporations on earnings is STUPID. Why? Because YOU PAY THE TAX. It is simply a HIDDEN TAX on the INDIVIDUAL because ONLY individuals pay taxes. All companies price their products and services based on their cost to produce such products and services which INCLUDES the COST of taxes. In other words, every single penny of corporate taxation is passed on to the consumer. Further, US corporations are among the most highly taxed companies in the world. Other countries are bright enough to realize you can increase GNP and productivity by lowering taxes on corporations, but not America, which has a "screw the corporations" mentality which amounts to cutting off your nose to spite your face.

And if a company DOES manage to make a profit (Eww! Dirty word!) what does it do with it? It either passes that profit on to shareholders, those people who actually, you know, OWN the company, in the form of dividends, which are TAXED at ordinary rates, pays its employees, sometimes very high salaries, FOR WHICH THEY ARE TAXED at the highest rates possible, or actually uses those "profits" to grow the company, thus increasing GNP again.

So go ahead. Keep doing it, and this country will spiral down even further, and you always blame everyone else but yourselves. In fact, you deserve what you get, abject poverty because you were unable to see what steps were necessary to see a country grow and prosper.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

I remember those days too. I don't have a TV. But you can't go anywhere, without them blaring at you. Reminds me of a story I once read, a read paper book, 1984 I think.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

schuyler
The article in question is very thin on details.

You will find more detail - and links in the article, itself.

It simply states that $6 billion has been given in unnamed "subsidies."

It does at that. And your point is? The author had limited space to list items and sumarized. Not a crime.

Also, laughingly, it lists the home mortgage deduction, which is the largest single deduction given to homeowners with mortgages, i.e.: real people buying their houses on time, as a "corporate subsidy."

Again you will see the original articles states that 73% of the "home mortgage" subsidies goes to those with over $100,000.00 a year in income, hardly your everyday working Joe.

Once you start calling ideas or people stupid (projection perhaps) because you don't like them for some unreasoned reason (oh that's good), It's time to stop.

I am willing to discuss the substance of the ariticle in question (An income and Net Worth threshold for mortage deduction - would be a good option. However I am not willing to discuss anything after "Stupid" is put forward as a sustantive rebuttal, it's the argument of a three year old child.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join