It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's new c919 passenger plane... the Iron bird of the sky!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
link to article

Here is an interesting article about chinas race to make a passenger plane. Its basically outsourced meaning its inspired by existing aircrafts such as Boeing 737 and Airbus A320... In fact many of the components used to make the plane are purchased from abroad but it is completely constructed by Chinese in China, a first!

The design team was led by a Mr Lee, Chinese born but trained in America and worked at general electric and Raytheon, so the project is in good hands... Yet another example of the Chinese 'data mining' the west.

The comac is owned by the Chinese state who have already thrown three billion at the project and will continue to pump money in.
The plane is likely to be safe, and their willingness to make a 199 seat version is stiring up the interest of foreign airlines such as Ryanair who believe they may be able to run it legally with just three airline stewards!!

Even if the Comac doesn't pass the international safety laws (which it most likely will) it will still be flying within China, where a booming aviation sector is growing all the time due to demand.

In my opinion chinas data mining of the west is only just starting to bare the big fruit, and we can expect to see more and more of their engineering in our future...after all don't forget we charge our students to go to our universities here in England, student loans and huge fees... The Chinese will subsidise ANY Chinese student that gets accepted to our Uni for the entire course, on the condition that they return to China to work in their chosen field afterwards!

What say you ATS fancy a ride in the Chinese mini dreamliner of the future?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

With Ryanair nowadays............... If they got thier hands on this Aircraft with the fuel 'saving' Policies in place........ they wont stay in the air for Long

Good Post, China wants to fill all the gaps it has left and this is a good start. When western airlines are strugling to create a stable 'Super Sized' Passenger aircraft...... China could pounce on it. If the plane makes good on its test flights.
edit on 13-1-2014 by Maltese5Rhino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Chinese makes planes of iron???

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Maltese5Rhino

With Ryanair nowadays............... If they got thier hands on this Aircraft with the fuel 'saving' Policies in place........ they wont stay in the air for Long

Good Post, China wants to fill all the gaps it has left and this is a good start. When western airlines are strugling to create a stable 'Super Sized' Passenger aircraft...... China could pounce on it. If the plane makes good on its test flights.

There are no fuel savings pollicies. Those are forbidden and that rumor was pure speculation.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Indigent
Chinese makes planes of iron???

ERM well I'm not going to say there's no iron in the plane anywhere, but no I don't think that's quite what sky news meant when they called it an iron bird. I think it was more of a statement about its possible impact on the future passenger aviation market. Iron bird- sturdy well designed and nearly ready to make a big impact.
Rice n peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

whatsup86

Maltese5Rhino

There are no fuel savings pollicies. Those are forbidden and that rumor was pure speculation.

Yes well spotted and good job at quelling this rumour. Thanks for the contribution to the thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
here is the video on you tube

everything is possible in china

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup86

Sorry for spouting speculation in the name of humor, only just got off of a flight last year which didnt refuel before flying again and still found it funny.

Im loving the Airline Industry as many more developments are being made everywhere.
Virgin.. (Sorry I think someone did post a thread on this but couldnt find it)

Who knows what we will be flying in the next 50 years....

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Dr UAE
here is the video on you tube

everything is possible in china

great stuff thanks for bringing some visual entertainment to the thread! Looking good!
I myself have always loved flying, I think because I was brought up in Spain and had to fly back to see the grandparents a couple of times a year! Ended up flying a lotttt... Even thought I might want to be a passenger plane pilot for a while, nearly applied to do that instead of going to uni when I was 18, kinda regret not doing it now that I think about it! Haha swings n roundabouts!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm creating an electric plane.

new topics

top topics

join