It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Tries to Buy Toy Poodles, Gets Fluffy, Steroid-Pumped Giant Ferrets Instead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
gizmodo.com...

Man's best friend doesn't come cheap these days, so you can imagine how excited a retired Argentinian man was to find double the companionship at a fraction of the cost: two adorable toy poodles—just itching to snuggle, crawl, and slobber all over you—for a mere $150. And by toy poodles, of course, we're referring to preened, fluffed, and steroid-pumped "rats."

Because since more traditional toy poodles (of the canine variety) can go for upwards of $1,000, one merchant at Argentina's largest bazaar got the brilliant, nightmare-inducing idea to pump a few of what Argentinians refer to as "Brazilian rats" (otherwise known as ferrets) full of 'roids and hair product, pass them off as warped, perhaps inbred poodles, and turn a handsome profit in the process. His creations were apparently at least somewhat convincing, since the man didn't even know anything was awry until his first trip to the vet

I came across this article and just busted out laughing. The story is from early last year and am surprised I didn't find it until now.

Just reading the headline made me laugh. "Fluffy, Steroid-Pumped Giant Ferrets...."

These things look pretty mean to. Here's a pic

I mean a poodle isn't my kind of dog anyways, so I would much rather have a juiced up giant mean ferret as a pet.
edit on 12-1-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Oh man, that hurt

Hee.. still laughing ... gotta get me one of those.

edit on 239pm1818pm102014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Only thing I can say is Serves him right for buying a Poodle in the first place.

Poodles are what real Dogs have for breakfast.

Had to say it but many know me here as an animal lover. Damn...Poodles are just funny.

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

jude11
Only thing I can say is Serves him right for buying a Poodle in the first place.

Had to say it but many know me here as an animal lover. Damn...Poodles are just funny.

Peace

I was thinking the same thing. His man card should have been pulled the second he made the decision to get a poodle.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A 'roid raging super-ferret as happy as that one looks?

Oh, goodness, what could go wrong?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'd have gone for the infamous "Poodle Pillow" instead. Could got some use out of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

jude11

Peace

Tell that to my 60 pound poodle...

People often forget that poodles (standard poodles) where bread as hunting dogs, and they are not always the cute fluffy little dogs.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Bassago

Oh man, that hurt

Hee.. still laughing ... gotta get me one of those.

edit on 239pm1818pm102014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

You and me both...

That ferret looks adorable.

TFF

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Stories like this always amaze me. How could you not know that's a ferret? Was this guy living under a rock?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
There is a hell of a difference between a toy poodle and a ferret. Ferrets have long bodies, poodles don't. Ferrets need to be bathed often because they give off such an oder if you don't. Ferrets are extremely active when they are awake but sleep most of the time. Their behavior is completely different than a dogs.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
id take the ferret any day over the poodle lol sounds like he made out better than he thought lol

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Any prospective owner, who cannot immediately discern the difference between a steroid injected ferret, and a dog of any breed, should PROBABLY be prevented from owning an animal in any case!

The person who forced steroids on this ferret, and swindled the simpleton featured in the article, ought to be a) flogged, and b) bloody well ashamed of himself. What a horrible thing to do !

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

pez1975
id take the ferret any day over the poodle lol sounds like he made out better than he thought lol

Agreed pez1975!
I have 2 pet ferrets and wouldn't trade them for a dozen poodles, lol.
Shame on the man who injected that poor little animal with harmful substances!

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You guys sure this didn't originate on the Onion? Screams hoax to me, or at least the pictures.

I can't watch Youtube videos right now, so tell me if I'm wrong.. but are there more pictures than just the one? I'm sure this has happened to some extent somewhere, but I would guess that the picture in question has nothing to do with the story.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I remember when I first seen this article a while back, I was rolling in tears laughing so hard. The ferret looks so cute though, but damn you really gotta be stupid to not be able to tell that isn't a toy poodle, unless the person never seen one before.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Night Star
There is a hell of a difference between a toy poodle and a ferret. Ferrets have long bodies, poodles don't. Ferrets need to be bathed often because they give off such an oder if you don't. Ferrets are extremely active when they are awake but sleep most of the time. Their behavior is completely different than a dogs.

The part about the odor is incorrect. Ferrets have sent glands like skunks and will release an odor just like a sunk if they are excited or frightened, if they have not been descented. They do have a mild odor they produce from their skin. Ferrets have naturally dry skin and they produce oils to combat that. Bathing is the absolute WORST THING you could do for a smelly ferret!
It dries out their skin causing them to produce oils. What you want to do is combat the dry skin, a humidifier in the home takes care of that. Once in a great while you can wipe them down with some moisturized wipes.

My babies do not stink. They are sweet and highly intelligent.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

The story is true and the picture is from the news video I saw on this a couple years back.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I stand corrected, thanks! That's crazy.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Lol...!

Don't slate the poodles though. As many folk who are allergic to dogs usually get a poodle. They are not completely allergen free. But one of the better breeds for peeps who would love a dog but are allergic...

Having said that though I am not a fan of the Toy breeds.. Poor dogs should not be bred to be like that..

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I had a ferret years ago and used baby shampoo, very gentle. She smelled like a baby and had wonderfully soft fur. I miss her.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join