It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intuition: Ignored at our Peril?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Definition: "Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference or the use of reason."

Carl Jung said stated that "introverted intuitive type from images from the unconscious, exploring the psychic world, seeking to perceive the meaning of events, but often having no interest in playing a role in those events and not seeing any connection between the contents of the psychic world and him- or herself."

It seems we can learn to develop intuition. How often in our lives have we ignore it to our peril? So engrossed in life and living or surviving for many of us, that we lose our sense of these natural abilities, which are being supressed by the lives we lead.

Our environment (psychic elements) is communicating with us all the time, every moment, yet we are blinded, that we become unreceptive to these moments, blocking any thoughts that take us away from the survival instinct that is most active for many of us to sustain our lives here.

We must detox from the worldly blindness which has saturated the world, then we may understand who we really are and what part we have to play in the great scheme of things.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Good thread.

It is true indeed intuition is powerful and has been ignored for some time now, especially in modern society.
There has been multiple times in my life when I ignored my first intuition which lead me to experience pain and disappointment shortly afterwards.

Now I can say I've learned my lesson.

However, it's not as simple as it may seem to hear and understand our own intuition.
If you really want to do so, you first have to get some knowledge about ego and the way it affects our mind and everyday life.

Because intuition is best heard when silence and serenity is present in the mind.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

There is a high degree of inconsistent results in the use of Psi effects that to a point have been proven statistically present, add to that superstition (cultural information) and luck (50/50) and if you drop your rational side you will get a good recipe for failure and trouble.

Trust your gut but verify there are things that you shouldn't rely in gut feelings and others that it may do not harm...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Panic2k11
reply to post by St0rD

There is a high degree of inconsistent results in the use of Psi effects that to a point have been proven statistically present, add to that superstition (cultural information) and luck (50/50) and if you drop your rational side you will get a good recipe for failure and trouble.

Trust your gut but verify there are things that you shouldn't rely in gut feelings and others that it may do not harm...

Nobody said to drop the rational side. Simply to learn and control it so the unrational side can express itselfs more efficiently. The be (or inner voice) of an individual cannot be heard if the mind is always busy. There are exceptions of course.

However, I know for a fact that most human beings living in the 21st century are prisoners of their own mind and let almost no space to intuition, and gut feeling as you just presented.

Think about it, when is the last time you had a mind free of thought for more than a minute?
I could take an easy guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigsby

Personally I never ignore my intuition, ever. If I'm driving along and get a ping that says "don't go that way or go this way" that prodding will be followed 100% of the time. Don't know if it's ever saved me or not but I've been around a long time. Following that feeling, intuition, Spidey sense, whatever it is, is second nature.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Unfortunately, intuition does not add the needed fuel for the great societal engine of which we are a part. I have personally been erasing the things I have been told to trust by my elders and strengthening the trust I have in myself through meditation. I've also just now discovered this website full of those that seem to have similar minds, which brings me great joy!

We were given these internal/psychological/spiritual functions for a reason - it is best to ignore those who do not agree and listen to yourself.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I totally agree, and furthermore when I try to "ignore" my intuition (I.E. when it tells me something I don't want to know or I want to deny) I get physically sick and restless. I'm glad I have it, have always had it, and rely on it. Many people in my life have asked why I am able to dodge scrapes and bad situations and always seem to know which path to take...I listen to my gut and it's comparable to a life compass for me personally.

Some people will lump it in with being "psychic" but I really don't think it is. I never thought of myself as psychic, but very perceptive, yes. To me it's more an excellent ability to read between the lines or pick up what is NOT said. But, then we get into thought reading haha

I don't know...it's always interested me though so
s & f for the topic and hopefully some interesting conversation

edit on 1/13/2014 by shockedonlooker because: added more

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Simply to learn and control it so the unrational side can express itselfs more efficiently.

That is a contradiction, you can't rationalize the irrational... One has a better chance in a inner understanding and control, between you conscious self and your subconscious...

Irrational thought process are by definition unpredictable and will always have (and should) a lower priority on your decision processes. Note that not all psi "powers" are irrational thoughts but often are messages from the subconscious, and whatever anyone says they are outside of direct control (even if they can be promoted). This is why they produce in general a low (but significative) distinction from the expected chance (I only accept simpler psi capabilities, remote viewing being in the fringe of what I can envision having any chance of being factual).

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm a firm believer in intuition and its role in where I am today.

If I kept listening to my parents instead of my intuition I would probably still be doing some minimum wage job in the USA lol

Also about the Jung test, INTJ is one interesting way to live, and I have changed my life following intuition when I was 28, and moved to the middle of nowhere for some peace, quiet, and observing =D

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Panic2k11
reply to post by St0rD

Simply to learn and control it so the unrational side can express itselfs more efficiently.

That is a contradiction, you can't rationalize the irrational... One has a better chance in a inner understanding and control, between you conscious self and your subconscious...

Irrational thought process are by definition unpredictable and will always have (and should) a lower priority on your decision processes. Note that not all psi "powers" are irrational thoughts but often are messages from the subconscious, and whatever anyone says they are outside of direct control (even if they can be promoted). This is why they produce in general a low (but significative) distinction from the expected chance (I only accept simpler psi capabilities, remote viewing being in the fringe of what I can envision having any chance of being factual).

There is no contradiction to what I said.

The unrationnal, in my opinion, is simply the abscence of rationnal. Meaning, when there is no rationnal process into your mind, you give a chance to your inner power to express itselfs. Not talking about supernatural power here.

It has nothing to do with being predictable or not. Maybe we are just not talking about the samething here.
Quite frankly, I do not feel like explaining something I've already done in another thread of mine some days ago.

If you are open to different views than yours and are willing to read something closely I'd highly recommend you take a look at it. I sincerely believe it has the power to change one's life or at least the way you look at it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you do read it, you can always PM me or just answer it back so we can discuss further.

Best regards,

StOrD

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Phillipines - not to derail the thread, but am interested in where you live (in general) and what kind of work you are able to do there. I read your post about Just Walk Away and it got me curious. You obviously followed your intuition and ended up in a space that has made you happy.

Curious to know more.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Galadriel
reply to post by Philippines

Phillipines - not to derail the thread, but am interested in where you live (in general) and what kind of work you are able to do there. I read your post about Just Walk Away and it got me curious. You obviously followed your intuition and ended up in a space that has made you happy.

Curious to know more.

Sure thing, I did a not-so-popular thread on the region here

=)

Edit: and I do internet marketing consulting while here, apart from gardening
edit on 14-1-2014 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

top topics

join