It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bedroom Tax Suicide Victim in Vain: Granny was exempt from housing loss

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Well lets look at the South East. If I insure a car say a mini in the south east it will cost me £500 approx, but if I lived in benefit street it would cost me £1000 because of high crime.

Now the law says that we all must have car insurance, but yet the law is unfair, because they allow private companies to charge the poor more.

Now you may say that there is higher crime in benefit street and you maybe right.

But whats that got to do with you paying £500 and me paying £1000, its not my fault that crime is rife, thats a police problem which we both pay council tax for.

So if the law says that you must have insurance then a car exactly the the make make with the same age of driver should be should be the same cost in Aberdeen as it in in London.

Since the moved away from taxing income and put it on purchase the unfairness has got worse.

I could be on MIn wage standing next to David Beckam in a petrol garage and both of us filling out cars, yet he make a million a week an I make £120 yet we are both charged the same amount of tax,

Fixed fines punish the poor, £80 is 2 3rds of a weekly wage where it is 10 mins work for some.

The poor in this country have a lot to complain about.

Remember a few years back they brought in fines according to earnings and there was an outcry in the media constantly till it was stopped 3 months later.

Does not matter how much money you have there is an injustice in this country and is always the poorest that get the sharp end of the sick.

You can only kick a dog so much before it bites you back.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Mate Im Scottish and a catholic, used to work on the taxis, I would go and pick up a hire, on a Sunday lunchtime and the guy would say sorry pal I have not got any cash,

They had a collection for the UDA and I only had a fiver, if he never put the fiver in the pot you know what would have happend.

I said no problem mate and took him for free, because he had the cash when he phoned but better hand it over than get a good kicking.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

pavmas

Mate Im Scottish and a catholic, used to work on the taxis, I would go and pick up a hire, on a Sunday lunchtime and the guy would say sorry pal I have not got any cash,

They had a collection for the UDA and I only had a fiver, if he never put the fiver in the pot you know what would have happend.

I said no problem mate and took him for free, because he had the cash when he phoned but better hand it over than get a good kicking.

Know the drill, but same on the other side of the wire.......they are all extortionists.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join